Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I went there and started killing the troggs that would fall. But i noticed i was getting 0 xp per kill.. idk if they hotfixed this or what but it's not working for me =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a great tip. If I'd been into farming during Cata it may have been a decent spot to make some gold. As it is, if I ever plan on taking another toon from whatever to 85 so I can go to Pandaria, I'll keep this in mind once I'm around 82 -- provided it doesn't get nerfed before then...
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Why not go to 85 with it?

Can you move into pandaria zones at 84 or something?

You said you did it with a group but... can it be handled solo?
    Major props on the Periphery avatar.

I did 80 to 85 in about 2 hours and 35 minutes in Deepholm but on a different spot. At the far left side at the "Needlerock Slag" there are mob packs of about 5 +/- and keep constant respawning. Awesome grind there

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    So anoying that people dont quest, instead they are on the same spot, spam killing the same mob -.- sad..
    Surely it's up to the individual how they gain experience? As long as they're not using a bot or automated macro to kill the mobs I don't see a problem really.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Surely it's up to the individual how they gain experience? As long as they're not using a bot or automated macro to kill the mobs I don't see a problem really.
    I enjoy grinding from time to time. Not to blame any new players, but I mostly see only somewhat older players only really enjoying this

When I was powerleveling my monk, I got all of the sudden a whisper from a player to stop killing the mobs cause I didn't have any quest for them.
    Kinda funny, but sad at the same time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    So anoying that people dont quest, instead they are on the same spot, spam killing the same mob -.- sad..
    I've levelled 9 85's thus far on both Horde and Alliance, both pre- and post-Cataclysm, and I've literally done every single quest in the game.

You'll forgive me if getting cracking into the endgame is more appealing to me now than stopping to smell the roses was the first few times I did it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well 80-85 with questing requires around hour for each level, so it's useful but probably too boring with good alternative. I would like to see 87-90 in 1 hour Or at least faster than questing which takes forever

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Well 80-85 with questing requires around hour for each level, so it's useful but probably too boring with good alternative. I would like to see 87-90 in 1 hour Or at least faster than questing which takes forever
    I'm on the fence about 85-90. At times it feels like such a long grind. You turn in quests and the bar barely moves. But at other times it's nice that the journey is long for once. It will be interesting (and i'm sure Blizz will watch for this) to see how many characters stop playing between 85 and 90. Normally when characters "quit" the game, they do so at max level. So you'll get level 90's inactive for months for example. It will be interesting to see if you end up with level 87's inactive.. or 88's inactive... in a few months time. I think Blizzard will be watching for it and may well adjust the XP levels if they fear players are simply giving up before 90.

Not that it's all bad of course.. the journey is fun and refreshing at times and I do feel they've done a good job. But it's a long slog. Not sure I could do it on 2 alts, let alone 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    You must be 85 in order to go to Pandaria, just like you had to be level 80 to start Cataclysm zones. The days of jumping early into the next expansion (vanilla to BC at 58 , BC to Wrath at 68) appear to be gone.

Also, thanks for the tip, Crooked.
    Not sure about Pandaria but false on the Cat zones. You can go to Vash at level 78 I think it is.

And yeah, I love questing over grinding but may just do this as the new zones the questing is so fluid that it discourages alts. Meaning there's pretty much just one route that goes from A to B, there's no C to B or X to Y in zones since LK where you had two starting zones and BC didn't really have all that fluid of zone movement but still let you swap from one zone to another, like if you didn't feel like the nether you could go to shadowmoon. Now I don't see that, it's just been a straight line in Cat and Panda.

Went out there to attempt this myself today, but none of the troggs that are falling give any exp.

Deleted
    How did you go to deepholm being lvl 80?

I can vouche for this, I did it on day 2 of pandaria - 80-85 took me 1 hour 15 minutes. Someone on my server got the +300% Xp potion and did it in roughly 15 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaldorAnarion View Post
    How did you go to deepholm being lvl 80?
    Warlock Summon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfel View Post
    Went out there to attempt this myself today, but none of the troggs that are falling give any exp.
    You kill the ones up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Luckily there are vendors in Pandaria (pretty much in every village with an Inn) that sell full 372 sets, including rings, necks and weapons. So no problem.
    Can also buy the ilvl 384 green crafted sets off the ah. Doubt you will pay much more than 50g per piece as the market is so flooded with them from people levelling their professions. Or you can just get someone in your guild to craft them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol...it doesn't take that long to hit 80-85 exploit or not

I hit 85 in 5 hours

I hit 80 in 7ish

60 takes the longest

can be 60 in a full day -_- No need for exploit!
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I can vouche for this, I did it on day 2 of pandaria - 80-85 took me 1 hour 15 minutes. Someone on my server got the +300% Xp potion and did it in roughly 15 minutes.
    Is this with or without monk buff?

Deleted
    Tagging this post for me cheers for the info leveling a monk atm

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You can go to Vash at level 78 I think it is.
    You can enter the zone or be ported there, but you wont have any quests, so its pretty pointless. One thing you can do is rushing Blackrock caverns and Vashjr dungeon but the mobs give as much XP as mobs in WOTLK end dungeons. I know, I did it last week.

The best way to reach 80 is to grind Hall of Lightning if you can get a boost. You can go there as early as lvl 72 I believe.

Did this in Brewmaster spec without any help, just meant slightly smaller pulls, but still (with several deaths judging how many I could pull) took an hour and a half to do. Keep spinning and moving to pick up globes once you have a pack, and you're golden.

Also this spot is EXCELLENT if you want some gold and if you are a tailor. At 90, AOE everything there for 30 minutes, sell Cata bags. On my server they go for 500-1000 gold each average (so many monks and rerolls), and I can craft 4/5 of these with 30 minutes worth of farm. Good shit !