Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Good job mmo-c, good job giving credit to this fucking retard 'fs'.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Good job mmo-c, good job giving credit to this fucking retard 'fs'.
    Why so much hate? Leave the guy alone. I think its good that MMO putted this up, since there are 10000000000 threads with him and maybe that vid will clear things up and people stop bashing him.

Chris Metzen really does look like Thrall, or vice versa

I thought a blue had said that they had actually started working on this. Now I'm confused.

But if it isn't happening, what else is new? This has been the exact same response they've given to the community for the past 3-4 years now.
    I can only hope Rob didn't know in that interview. I'm 100% sure Blizzard has recently already stated they were as good as done with dwarves, and humans and orcs were next. I really hope a blue post confirms they are actively working on the models cause Rob has no idea what this answer is doing to people Geez Rob! WTF!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods, maybe it is just me, but Chris Metzen looks like a beaten dog. I didn't watch the video, just looked upon the screen cap, but he looks miserable. I don't know what changed in a year, but he looks completely haggard; his hair is even greying.
    I can't even imagine the strain these people are under, this close to a release of such a big project.

I swear every single time there's a level race there is always some "clever use of game mechanics" instead of just playing the game as they had designed you to play it (quest or dungeon grind) but instead there are always people who comb every line of code to find something broken that was overlooked. It gets old and I'm glad Blizzard stepped in. Hell Athene had the bat swung at him during the levelling race for Wrath (or was it Cata, I forget).

Imagine if professional sports was all about who could find ways around the rules (w/o technically breaking them) instead of just playing as it is now. Would be an entirely different thing to watch and frankly very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeam View Post
    You clearly didn't see the video Tanthalus, so unless you actually know what you're talking about, shush.
    Mob tagging outside a party has always gotten people reset, every expansion, whether it was out in the world or in a dungeon, can't see why anyone is surprised there was a reset this time.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Deleted
    Anyone notice Metzen referred to Dragon Soul as 'Demon Soul'? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eleveneleven View Post
    I swear every single time there's a level race there is always some "clever use of game mechanics" instead of just playing the game as they had designed you to play it (quest or dungeon grind) but instead there are always people who comb every line of code to find something broken that was overlooked. It gets old and I'm glad Blizzard stepped in. Hell Athene had the bat swung at him during the levelling race for Wrath (or was it Cata, I forget).
    Wait so you are being told how to play now?

Also I still don't understand why people get so up in arms about how someone plays/does something.

Imagine if professional sports was all about who could find ways around the rules (w/o technically breaking them) instead of just playing as it is now. Would be an entirely different thing to watch and frankly very boring.
    did you just try and compare leveling in WoW to professional sports?.....where they do attempt to find ways to bend the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Wait so you are being told how to play now?

Also I still don't understand why people get so up in arms about how someone plays/does something.

did you just try and compare leveling in WoW to professional sports?.....where they do attempt to find ways to bend the rules.
    How about very recently in the olympic games when the koreans and other team tried to cheat there way to better opponents in badminton!!
    Id say that was a good comparison to wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone notice Metzen referred to Dragon Soul as 'Demon Soul'? :P
    Yes, minor mix up. It's basically the same artifact in two states.

About the rob pardo interview;

RMAH might kill a number of facebook style games with micro transactions if big developers jump into the fray.

new tech, it seems that the whole deal in the future is about efficient data management and using it with (perceived) content. It helps in making games more stable and dynamic i guess.
    And for the same reason, titan might be more of a technology based poject rather that a new brand - 4 years, if not 6, seems way too much time for concept art; its more plausible that that time is being spent on research instead of drawing. With a new platform, they could integrate WoW assets into it along with a new IP.

updated models, even GC mentioned gradual rollouts; as far as being part of an expansion goes, zarhym mentioned that players may not perceive updated models as new content; my guess, we'll see about 2 races updated in final mop patch and then more updates in the next xpac.

for me, personally, the rob pardo interview was the best of the recent onslaught of publicity interviews. The questions were great and ones that focused on some interesting areas and, generally speaking, Pardo gave the least PR spinned answers I have seen in a blizz interview in years.

People complaining about FS are like the people who complain about using potions in duel.

Are you guys really bringing more attention to Athene? Seriously? Get that video link off this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Are you guys really bringing more attention to Athene? Seriously? Get that video link off this post.
    Why not? You do realise *Athene* is a character he portrays, and not to mention the dude also just raised 1 million dollars for charity.

Wow Metzen has aged a lot, his hair is starting to grey!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    FS has a lot of cool achievements... but he still got The Insane post-nerf.

CY@

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Why not? You do realise *Athene* is a character he portrays, and not to mention the dude also just raised 1 million dollars for charity.
    I love it when people pull out the "charity" thing as the first defense to someone infamous. Like that makes a difference. Money is money, regardless of intentions.

Also, that first comment was completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Whats wrong with Athene, he's a funny Character and i don't understand why people hate Chiren for playing that Character. It's as if you hated Martin Wuttke for playing the character of Hitler in Inglourious Basterds or Sasha Baron Cohen for playing a character that hates america in a comedy movie. I think Chiren/Athene is a f'ing genius for actually getting WoW nerds to hate him and making a career out of the Character he created...lol.