simple Halo addon

Hey all!

recently hit level 90 and am lovin Halo for shadow pve and i noticed that there arent really any addons for halo yet . im looking for something that shows a static circle around you at 25 yards (marking how far the halo would reach). something minimal yet effective. anything out there like that?

thanks in advance,

Disörient - alliance Kel'Thuzad

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be really nice to have

Im just using silence as a distance meter atm, once it goes red im at Max halo distance, so i move in slightly. you get use to the range and will know if from memory eventually

My guildy is using http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/halopro - though I can't personally say how well it works.

i at too atm but im just a big fan of it. would be alot easier if i could have a circle

Deleted
    Can someone that knows a lot of programming, make a addon that shows us a circle (like bigwigs proximity), with a green mark all over the circle (the 25y range) that can detect everyone player inside the circle? it would be IMBA to have something like that.

For Healing you could literally just /range 25 (for DBM at least) and just position them on the edge, not sure for DPS, though.

Deleted
    I am using Halo Pro atm, it works good and all, but it can be tricky sometimes. When it says you're 25 yards from the target, it sometimes wont hit/reach them. Mabye something wrong with the addon or just standing in a bad spot. Tried it on dummies aswell and if you have 4 dummies, ( |-|-|-| ) And stand in the "perfect zone" (25 yards) Just the 2 in the middle will get hit EVEN when it says that all 4 of them are in the 25 yard zone. ( |-X-X-| ). I don't know why it's like that mabye I am just stupid :P But thats why experience with the addon so far.
    Correct me if I am wrong on something.

you can't be 25 yards away from all those dummies, it's impossible geometrically.

edit: i mean if they were aligned circularly, and you were in the middle, it would be possible, but they're linear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    you can't be 25 yards away from all those dummies, it's impossible geometrically.

edit: i mean if they were aligned circularly, and you were in the middle, it would be possible, but they're linear.
    I relized that after a while! Haha sorry, but something i noticed that when it said i was 25 yards (exactlly 25 yards) away from the taget it wont hit. It was on the top of the circle if you know what I mean. Don't know why that happends tbh :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Naissus View Post
    I am using Halo Pro atm, it works good and all, but it can be tricky sometimes. When it says you're 25 yards from the target, it sometimes wont hit/reach them. Mabye something wrong with the addon or just standing in a bad spot. Tried it on dummies aswell and if you have 4 dummies, ( |-|-|-| ) And stand in the "perfect zone" (25 yards) Just the 2 in the middle will get hit EVEN when it says that all 4 of them are in the 25 yard zone. ( |-X-X-| ). I don't know why it's like that mabye I am just stupid :P But thats why experience with the addon so far.
    Correct me if I am wrong on something.
    The problem is Halo is bugged.

Equip a wand. Target a dummy. Back up to max wand range and wand it so you are doing damage. Wand range is 30 yards, and Halo is 30 yards. Now cast Halo. It will miss every single time. A step or two in and it still misses. So Halo is bugged. HaloPro shows in proper range between 25 and 30 yards (it's impossible to get more accurate than that with an addon due to Blizzard API limitations). So when it misses it's because Halo is bugged.

Please bump this thread so we can get it FIXED!

I can't post links but I started a bug report thread on Blizzard forums here:

wow/en/forum/topic/6713913020

i think halo would be a lot more useful if it was a frontal cone effect with no distance variability.

Deleted
    I just use a range indicator addon, it shows distance to target, focus and mouse over, works just fine for me.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/range-display

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1758

The maker of the addon has answered many questions on the forum.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

* MAJOR HALOPRO UPDATE!!! *

I just pushed a nice shiny update to HaloPro tightening up the distance for the middle indicator to a max of 28 yards. I didn't think this was going to be possible, but found sort of a loophole as it were. This now makes HaloPro extremely accurate.

Version 1.3 should show up on curse shortly. Just search for HaloPro, or look in the priest section.

Please be sure to update! And if you haven't tried the addon out yet, or tried it and found it had issues, please give it another shot. It is extremely solid now!
    Last edited by Spinalcrack; 2012-10-08 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta love pulling whole room fulls of mobs.. oops was that me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    i think halo would be a lot more useful if it was a frontal cone effect with no distance variability.
    Perhaps, but you have to admit, the current mechanic will keep us busy improving, and thus, not getting bored a lot longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choop View Post
    gotta love pulling whole room fulls of mobs.. oops was that me?
    Halo > Pull everything > Fade / Shadowmeld.