Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How are people riding Cloud Serpent mounts already?

I thought this required many days worth of dailies, I am confused. Can't find any info on it.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I saw someone on my realm riding the Azure one. Like you say OP, i thought it took like 3 weeks of dailies?

Deleted
    Check the frontpage of the official forums.
    Check Google.
    Check Wowhead.

All these sources explain it in detail. One word: netherwing. Don't be lazy and actually search for once, instead of asking immediately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Check Google.
    Check Wowhead.

All these sources explain it in detail. One word: netherwing. Don't be lazy and actually search for once, instead of asking immediately.
    I checked wowwiki, wowhead and googled it. Everywhere it says that it takes about a month of doing daily quests to reach exalted, which is required to get one of the mounts. The only one that can be received now is the crimson one, which is a reward for Glory of the Pandaria Hero. That's possible, but highly improbable (especially considering that to actually ride it you need to have Cloud Serpent Riding, which requires exalted with the faction). So how are people seeing folks with these mounts already? The question still stands...
    Last edited by Geckomayhem; 2012-09-27 at 02:58 PM.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    If I remember it correctly, there's one cloud serpent that you get from a quest chain (Townlong Steppes maybe?). Other than that, no idea.

Could it be a rare drop from a world boss or something like that - a dungeon boss rare drop? Otherwise Im going w/ a quest reward.

There is a mechanic very similar to the Netherwing Eggs that is not limited by daily quests. People who got 90 quickly had little to no competition searching for the eggs to turn in for lots of rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Could it be a rare drop from a world boss or something like that - a dungeon boss rare drop? Otherwise Im going w/ a quest reward.
    Theres a rare mount dropper, like TLPD and the dragon in Deepholm.

10+ Year Old Account
    *checks front page of mmo*
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ts-of-Pandaria

oh look , took me 10 sec to find all info about mounts and that you get cloud serpent from quest... dam it was hard

There are eggs you can collect for rep turn ins. It's exactly like netherwing. They're 500 rep each, 550 with guild perk. It took me just over 90 minutes to get exalted.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89155/onyx-egg

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Theres a rare mount dropper, like TLPD and the dragon in Deepholm.
    ALL cloud serpent mounts requires you to have the skill from order of the cloud serpent. So it doesn't matter where it comes from.

But the first 90 people got a buffé of eggs lying and waiting for them so :3

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    I checked wowwiki, wowhead and googled it. Everywhere it says that it takes about a month of doing daily quests to reach exalted, which is required to get one of the mounts. The only one that can be received now is the crimson one, which is a reward for Glory of the Pandaria Hero. That's possible, but highly improbable (especially considering that to actually ride it you need to have Cloud Serpent Riding, which requires exalted with the faction). So how are people seeing folks with these mounts already? The question still stands...
    What he means is that there are eggs hidden in the island, not easy to find, that give a small reputation bonus. If you farm these eggs, you can reach the reputation you need. Like the netherwing eggs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    What he means is that there are eggs hidden in the island, not easy to find, that give a small reputation bonus. If you farm these eggs, you can reach the reputation you need. Like the netherwing eggs.
    Thank you for answering nicely. And to the posts above that directly address the OP's question. Please don't mention Netherwing Ledge, though. I'd managed to erase it from my mind... or so I thought.
    For the Alliance!

Just like Netherwing, you can spend some time to do the dailies or farm loads of eggs and be done in a day.

For the Order of the Cloud Serpent, there is another way of earning the rep besides dailies. There are eggs (onyx eggs I think they are called) that are found lying around Windward Isle that you can pick up and turn in for rep to a repeatable quest.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31784

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Check Google.
    Check Wowhead.

Nice and helfull comment *jackass*, if you dont intend to help why do you even bother answering....and one more thing, everyone has the right to be lazy, and if they want to come and ask before searching its on their right don't you think?....

Mod Edit: No need for the insult.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-10-05 at 08:43 AM.

Deleted
    The thing is, there are those eggs, yes, but now after a hotfix the spawnrate is back to how it was intended. During the first few days the eggs nearly instantly respawned and could be camped literally to get them and therefore reaching exalted in like an hour or so.
    Those players who where fast with leveling and immediately started on farming those got their cloud serpent really fast.

Nowadays the spawnrate is ridiculously low though, in addition to the high competition of players searching for them.

So for those who already reached exalted it was a mixture of having little to no competition, but the biggest factor was the messed up spawn-rate of those eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    The thing is, there are those eggs, yes, but now after a hotfix the spawnrate is back to how it was intended. During the first few days the eggs nearly instantly respawned and could be camped literally to get them and therefore reaching exalted in like an hour or so.
    Those players who where fast with leveling and immediately started on farming those got their cloud serpent really fast.

Nowadays the spawnrate is ridiculously low though, in addition to the high competition of players searching for them.

So for those who already reached exalted it was a mixture of having little to no competition, but the biggest factor was the messed up spawn-rate of those eggs.
    Still have to see a source on this, I even asked a GM, but he couldn't give me an answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dril76 View Post
    Nice and helfull comment *jackass*, if you dont intend to help why do you even bother answering....and one more thing, everyone has the right to be lazy, and if they want to come and ask before searching its on their right don't you think?....
    Well, I actually did answer the question, too... Doesn't mean you shouldn't try to get people off their lazy ass and learn to search, though. Those skills are very useful for the rest of their lives. Best to learn asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    There is a mechanic very similar to the Netherwing Eggs that is not limited by daily quests. People who got 90 quickly had little to no competition searching for the eggs to turn in for lots of rep.
    Damn right I didnt XD