Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Episode 5: Namesake.

Song during the cold opening sounds like The Vines. A couple oddities early on. First, after the credits, they're already at the crime scene. They don't do this often. No banter at the office, no "grab your gear". Then, Abby doesn't explain her findings in her lab, she goes upstairs to the squad room.

Anyway, the case seemed to take a back seat to the character development, which is something they do occasionally. As far as I remember, this is the first time we ever hear what happened to Gibbs' mom, even in passing. What I liked about it most, is that Gibbs seemed to shy away from his usual emotionless stoic self. I don't know if he's actually being able to share feelings, or if he only did it because of a war hero who needed his medal, but given the situation, I think it could have been both.

Oh, and McGee still has a cold. What is wrong with his voice?

10+ Year Old Account
    While I liked the episode, was actaully hopin for some halloweeny stuff lol. Wanted to see Abby go overboard with somethin lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    While I liked the episode, was actaully hopin for some halloweeny stuff lol. Wanted to see Abby go overboard with somethin lol.
    I watched it online and the screenshot that I saw before clicking on the video was of Abby all dressed up in a Halloween costume. I thought it was weird when she never did during the episode. Maybe an old episode or something.

I think your right Pen this was the first time Gibbs mom's backstory was told. I enjoyed it and I kept wondering given the circumstances I wouldn't be pissed at the guy too. I was really surprised at the very end they dedicated it to a group of guys. I wonder if there is a story behind as to why. I did kind of laugh at the beginning when they were at the crime scene and they walked in front of the truck. As it panned the words on the hood appeared to be backwords. Not sure why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I watched it online and the screenshot that I saw before clicking on the video was of Abby all dressed up in a Halloween costume. I thought it was weird when she never did during the episode. Maybe an old episode or something.

I think your right Pen this was the first time Gibbs mom's backstory was told. I enjoyed it and I kept wondering given the circumstances I wouldn't be pissed at the guy too. I was really surprised at the very end they dedicated it to a group of guys. I wonder if there is a story behind as to why. I did kind of laugh at the beginning when they were at the crime scene and they walked in front of the truck. As it panned the words on the hood appeared to be backwords. Not sure why.
    Well, according to the episode, blacks were not allowed to receive a medal of honor (I think it was, let's just go with it)until 1996, and mentioned the same squad that the end dedication showed. According to that ending, apparently that decision that in the show took place in 1996 didn't actually happen until this year. So they just altered it for the story to fit, but I guess it was a real thing that happened in June.

I wonder if the Bill Clinton photo was real or Photoshopped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the Bill Clinton photo was real or Photoshopped.
    Probably shopped. But you never know. Lando could have met Clinton at one point.

I have seen few episodes of 10th season. But i think ninth season of this show is better season than this one. I am not saying this season is not good. third episode of season 10 is dam good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdawn View Post
    I have seen few episodes of 10th season. But i think ninth season of this show is better season than this one. I am not saying this season is not good. third episode of season 10 is dam good.
    The one thing I noticed is there is no overall storyline arc like last year. It's tough though to come up with exciting new episodes after having done over 200 episodes previously. A few hints they might finally pull the trigger on Tony and Ziva but we will see.

Just remember no episode tomorrow due to the election but next week is part 1 of a two part episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I noticed is there is no overall storyline arc like last year. It's tough though to come up with exciting new episodes after having done over 200 episodes previously. A few hints they might finally pull the trigger on Tony and Ziva but we will see.

Just remember no episode tomorrow due to the election but next week is part 1 of a two part episode.
    That's lame. That's really lame. It's not like this is some national holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's lame. That's really lame. It's not like this is some national holiday.
    Presumably CBS is planning on 24 hour coverage of the numbers coming in (that is 10 minutes of actual results, and 23 hours, 50 minutes of filler content and talking heads) :/

You know at least two national commercial German TV channels are planning on doing the same kind of thing?

Should make it a double-bill next week to make up for it, although they miss enough weeks as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Presumably CBS is planning on 24 hour coverage of the numbers coming in (that is 10 minutes of actual results, and 23 hours, 50 minutes of filler content and talking heads) :/

You know at least two national commercial German TV channels are planning on doing the same kind of thing?

Should make it a double-bill next week to make up for it, although they miss enough weeks as it is.
    It's almost holiday time too, and it feels like the season just started. They're gonna miss more weeks until January. Even worse, some of my shows haven't even started yet. I know they deserve their time off, but it just feels ridiculous when they're skipping every other week.

Yeah, they manage to spread 20 odd episodes out over 35 or so weeks. Season premiere is around the 25th September, season finale around the 25th May.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's almost holiday time too, and it feels like the season just started. They're gonna miss more weeks until January. Even worse, some of my shows haven't even started yet. I know they deserve their time off, but it just feels ridiculous when they're skipping every other week.
    Last season they aired 11 episodes before the December break and as far I can tell the December 4th episode will be episode #9. Not sure if there will be one on the 11th or not so they are only going to be 1 or 2 episodes behind last year's schedule. I can't see them doing one on the 18th a week before Christmas but they may. They did do 2 episodes in January last season so they may put the extra episodes there.

At least the preemption is for a good cause compared to the network just saying "Oh let's just run a rerun for the heck of it". Besides it's better than Revolution's current schedule of end in November and don't start back up until March 25th.
    Last edited by Skippy88; 2012-11-06 at 08:15 PM.

I couldn't help but be impressed with Brad Beyer as a marine with PTSD. He played it really well. There's been a couple of times this season on other shows where a guest star comes in and nails a part. Once I learned he had PTSD the twists and turns were fairly easy to figure out. The Tony-Ziva talk was nice although a couple of times she looked like she was going to break out laughing. Not sure if that was planned or not. I wonder if the photos were really Michael as a kid or not. Maybe it was photoshoped?

I couldn't help but be impressed with Brad Beyer as a marine with PTSD. He played it really well. There's been a couple of times this season on other shows where a guest star comes in and nails a part. Once I learned he had PTSD the twists and turns were fairly easy to figure out. The Tony-Ziva talk was nice although a couple of times she looked like she was going to break out laughing. Not sure if that was planned or not. I wonder if the photos were really Michael as a kid or not. Maybe it was photoshoped?
    I think they've had a child actor in for flash-back Young DiNozzo scenes before (maybe that episode with him wanting to apologize to a guy he bullied a couple of seasons ago, i can't remember which exactly), so probably used him.

So looks like the schedule will be in reverse:

S 10 : Ep 12 Shiva Airs 1/15/13
    S 10 : Ep 11 Shabat Shalom Airs 1/8/13
    S 10 : Ep 10 You Better Watch Out Airs 12/18/12
    S 10 : Ep 9 Devil's Trifecta Airs 12/11/12
    S 10 : Ep 8 Gone Airs 11/27/12

10+ Year Old Account
    So looks like the schedule will be in reverse:

S 10 : Ep 12 Shiva Airs 1/15/13
    S 10 : Ep 11 Shabat Shalom Airs 1/8/13
    S 10 : Ep 10 You Better Watch Out Airs 12/18/12
    S 10 : Ep 9 Devil's Trifecta Airs 12/11/12
    S 10 : Ep 8 Gone Airs 11/27/12
    I don't really understand. Reverse of what?

New episode:

Good to see more character development for Ziva. Fortunately, they didn't put the focus on it, because she always ends up ruining an episode when they do. The main story was actually kind of boring. Hell, there wasn't even a climactic scene. I still wasn't big on Westfall, his character or his actor. His lines felt so...forced.

Reverse as it really should have been listed:

Episode 8
    Episode 9
    Episode 10

The website I copied it had it that way for whatever reason.

For the last episode your right it was strange they caught the guy first. Also, thought there would be more of a end of the storyline with his brother and dad.

Loved the Abby/Ziva bonding moments especially when Abby hit the guy over the head with the frying pan. The Scmeil conversations were also pretty funny. Has Alex Kingston appeared on the show before? It hinted at it but I don't remember her being on the show. All through the episode I was trying to remember where I saw the girl from and finally had to break down and look it up: Elecktra *shudders*

I have to say last night's episode was hilarious. They need to find a way to make Fornell a regular as his quips were priceless. Maybe get rid of Vance and make him director of NCIS. And poor Chucky tries to do the nice thing and ends up being made fun for most of the episode.