Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New episode:

Hmm. I suspected the wife the whole time. Not because of Tony's theory, but because she didn't seem as emotional as she should have been.
    If you're talking about last nights episode, it wouldn't make any sense for it to be the wife though. If she did it then she could have just let it go and no one would have been the wiser. She's the one who asked for an investigation.

Eh. I haven't watched L.A., don't plan to watch the new one either. Just isn't the same.
    I watched half of the first season of LA. I stopped watching because, as you say, it just isn't the same. I'm 33, so I don't exactly consider myself "old" but I feel that LA is aimed at a younger audience and the original is aimed at a little older audience.

I never could get into ncis la.

last night's episode:

I thought it could have been the wife until she turned up with that medallion.

Wasn't totally clear whether it was the dog that got the star or the marine though. Do service dogs get medals?

Nice to see Ziva and Vance having the Talk. It is fairly obvious what ziva's "stuff" is, you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I never could get into ncis la.

last night's episode:

I thought it could have been the wife until she turned up with that medallion.

Wasn't totally clear whether it was the dog that got the star or the marine though. Do service dogs get medals?

Nice to see Ziva and Vance having the Talk. It is fairly obvious what ziva's "stuff" is, you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure that one out.
    I think it was supposed to be for the dog but unfortunately the Pentagon does not give medals to service dogs. http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/pentagon-again-nixes-medals-for-military-dogs/1115194

it was probably one of Gibbs' medals if it was for the dog, he likes giving them to deserving cases (like when he gave his purple heart to that marine that got pumped full of steroids by the doctor back in season 7 or 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was probably one of Gibbs' medals if it was for the dog, he likes giving them to deserving cases (like when he gave his purple heart to that marine that got pumped full of steroids by the doctor back in season 7 or 8.
    He pumped himself in that episode I believe. And showed up in a later episode to help them bust illegal trafficking (I think that's the right word). Turned out it was just some guy who didn't get the car he won in a cross-country race. Ziva had a thing for him because he beat the piss out of her. Which, now that I think about it, is some pretty bad Fridge Horror.

I thought it was a nice episode featuring the dog. Plus we start the slow burn with Ziva and Vance leading up to the finale. Wonder if Vance and the new nanny will become romantically involved.

Speaking of the finale it will be on May 14th and it will be only a 1 hour finale. According to tv.com next week is a new episode and the next one after that will be April 9th.

As for the LA episode I didn't watch it nor do I think I will watch NCIS: Red Team. I feel like I'm already watching too much tv. However, I have a feeling I'm going to be losing a few of my shows as some are on the chopping block. I'll find out in May.
    Last edited by Skippy88; 2013-03-22 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, today's episode is going to have McGee's father in it.

In season 2, there's an episode where Tony and Kate are hassling McGee at his apartment. One thing Tony finds is the title page of McGee's book, which shows the name LJ Tibbs. Tony knew about it back then, but in season 4 when they discover the book in full (thanks to McGee's sister, who inexplicably showed up at the end of the scene in the season 3 episode), everybody is surprised. At the very least, they should have known he was writing a book, and that Gibbs was the inspiration for the main character. Also, Kate was still alive then. I wonder if he had originally made a character for her, but had to change everything when season 3 rolled around and she was replaced by Ziva.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 01:08 AM ----------

New episode:

So, I didn't like it. Why? Because the entire premise is unbelievable. I don't care if you're the damn president of the WORLD (a title which only exists in a universe created by Matt Groening), everything that McGee has done up to this point cannot possibly be disappointing. He graduated from two prestigious colleges (a common TV Trope, by the way. He would have to be in his 40's at least at this point in the show). He joined a federal agency (at the best here, you could argue that his dad was lampshading the fact that NCIS isn't really as action-packed as the show promises). Has extensive police training as a result. And, what I think is the most important thing here, he's a goddamn world-class hacker who may just be THE best on the planet. At what point does someone say "ok, you're the best, now what? That's so disappointing". I don't care. I don't care what kind of asshole you are. If you're 50-something years old, you're not a complete retard to look at those accomplishments and say "what a crappy life". I was hoping to hell that his dad ended up being the culprit, so we would never have the opportunity to see him again.

Exactly what happened to McGee's Porsche? Going from a porsche to a prius is a bit of a drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what happened to McGee's Porsche? Going from a porsche to a prius is a bit of a drop.
    What Porsche?

He had a Camaro as a kid but wrecked it. Apparently bad enough that the trauma made him forget most of the events that day, so one can assume that he was in a coma. That was all mentioned when Gibbs got anmesia at the end of season 3. I don't remember McGee having a Porsche, but what ever happened to Gibbs' muscle car that his dad gave him?

He had a Porsche a couple of seasons ago. c.f. the episode with McGee's sister.

Snip..
    You forgot to add well to do author to the list of his accomplishments. I think the dad probably wanted him to end up more like him and be in the military.

10+ Year Old Account
    He had a Porsche a couple of seasons ago. c.f. the episode with McGee's sister.
    Huh, yeah. Almost at that episode again. That was season 4. That was around the time he started showing up with a bunch of rich-guy stuff, since his book was selling. Maybe it was just related to that. Maybe he had to sell it? I don't know. Actually, I think he wrote a second book, so he should still be rolling in royalties pretty well (and in season 5-ish, he waltzed up to a club and got in based on his author status)
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    You forgot to add well to do author to the list of his accomplishments. I think the dad probably wanted him to end up more like him and be in the military.
    Oh, wow, I did. Still, I don't care how much you want your kids to follow in your footsteps, in reality what McGee has done should make any reasonably not-dumbshit parent scream his name to any stranger he meets.

Could just be that the props department couldn't requisite a Porsche and could only get the Prius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, new episode

Saw the end of the case coming from a mile away. Figured wen they showed the wedding photo the first time that the scene was staged.

Interesting that Palmer showed interest in psychological profiling. He took a lesson once before in season 5, and that was the last time we saw him do it. Also, he showed really well with the finger that he could probably do all the autopsy stuff on his own.

The "previously on" beginning is a tease, since the episode didn't really focus on Eli and Ziva. I'm not really surprised though that Gibbs and Vance would just let her do it.

Yay, new episode

Saw the end of the case coming from a mile away. Figured wen they showed the wedding photo the first time that the scene was staged.

Interesting that Palmer showed interest in psychological profiling. He took a lesson once before in season 5, and that was the last time we saw him do it. Also, he showed really well with the finger that he could probably do all the autopsy stuff on his own.

The "previously on" beginning is a tease, since the episode didn't really focus on Eli and Ziva. I'm not really surprised though that Gibbs and Vance would just let her do it.
    I really enjoyed the episode. I always like shows that play out like chess matches. Not so much for the "murder of the week" although it was interesting seeing Ziva react to the parallels between the case and her own. Like you Pen I enjoyed Palmer being a bit more serious this week while still being goofy (his tag team move)

Then you had Thomas Morrow come back to tell Vance to back off. It's not going to go well when they find out Ziva is going over with NCIS full support. Then you had the last 5-10 minutes of Tony's talk with Gibbs, Tony finding about Ziva and McGee, Ziva asking for permission to leave, Gibbs giving it and even telling her to take Ziva, and finally that little nod from Vance.

Clearly this is the beginning of the end for the season. Too bad we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode "Berlin" but from there each week should be a new episode until the finale. As a bit of a tease the next episode on 04/30 is titled "Revenge".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post

Then you had Thomas Morrow come back to tell Vance to back off. It's not going to go well when they find out Ziva is going over with NCIS full support. Then you had the last 5-10 minutes of Tony's talk with Gibbs, Tony finding about Ziva and McGee, Ziva asking for permission to leave, Gibbs giving it and even telling her to take Ziva, and finally that little nod from Vance.

Clearly this is the beginning of the end for the season. Too bad we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode "Berlin" but from there each week should be a new episode until the finale. As a bit of a tease the next episode on 04/30 is titled "Revenge".
    Tom Morrow being there is a tease as well. Vance is troubled by what has happened, and rumors could be that he is stepping down. What's-his-name-with-no-backbone would take over probably, but still odd to see Morrow show up.

Berlin sounds like it's gonna be good. McGee and Gibbs on their own investigating a Mossad death, while Tony and Ziva head to chase after Bodnar.

Tom Morrow being there is a tease as well. Vance is troubled by what has happened, and rumors could be that he is stepping down. What's-his-name-with-no-backbone would take over probably, but still odd to see Morrow show up.

Berlin sounds like it's gonna be good. McGee and Gibbs on their own investigating a Mossad death, while Tony and Ziva head to chase after Bodnar.
    I thought they were starting to lead up to Vance stepping down when Vance asked if he missed the directors chair

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I thought they were starting to lead up to Vance stepping down when Vance asked if he missed the directors chair
    It could just have been idle banter. He did after all give up the big job for a rather middle-management position at Homeland Security.

(I'm not spoiler tagging stuff that happened 11 years ago in Season 1)

10+ Year Old Account
    So, here's a fun little discussion for this inactive thread. Who killed Jasper Shepherd and Renee Benoit? Some things to note:

The Frog gave Jenny's gun back to her. And it ended up being the murder weapon. While Gibbs didn't lie to Fornell about that, he did happen to leave that part out. So, whoever DID kill Benoit had to at least steal the gun from her. If it was Kort, who in-universe is pretty much assumed to be, he would have had to get the gun. But he produced the paper that said the murder was sanctioned by the FBI. Why, then, would he try to frame Jenny if it was a sanctioned killing? And by the way, they never tested the gun for fingerprints. We know Jenny and Benoit are going to have their prints all over it, but nobody tested it for anybody else's. There's no physical evidence presented at all in the case, other than "this is the murder weapon". The bullet and wound direction suggests a suicide, but I don't think he killed himself. He was so set on living after being an arms dealer. That just leaves Jenny. Except, we see a pressure point wound on his hand, that I assume was given to him recently, supposedly right before his death. It seems that it's a common knowledge kind of thing, so it doesn't really say much of anything. Except, it's a passing line that says that Jenny's father had the same injury on his body. It seems unlikely that would be mentioned without some kind of reason, so it would make sense to assume that it's the same killer. And Jenny didn't kill her dad. Was the gun in the water with Benoit's body? That would explain the lack of fingerprints, but I don't think it was ever mentioned.

As I said above, Jasper had the same injury that Benoit did before he died, which suggests he was killed. We don't really have any reason to take Trent Kort at his word, so I'm betting he was killed. The only person we know that had contact with him close to his death was Benoit, so I'm guessing he killed Jasper Shepherd.

It was probably the same person.

Jenny nearly blew Kort's undercover op in Benoit's arms dealing ring (the meeting at the Canadian border episode). Could be enough of a grudge for a man like Kort to try and pin the murder on her, especially given the time invested in the operation. The CIA probably wouldn't have sanctioned the murder of Shepard (at least, not on the books like with Benoit); this was 1994, not 1974 which would mean that it was personal. Shepard was pretty high up in the need to know, maybe he overheard the wrong conversation, maybe it had something to do with the off-the-books assassin project that the old SecNav and Kort ran.

On the other hand, Jenny would have known about the pressure point bruise on Shepard's hand (I can't imagine she never read the file), she had the weapon and the bullets, she had the opportunity and she had the grudge.

And what's that with Shepard possibly not being dead. The guy in the Russian hospital said that Shepard was standing right where Jenny stood not 3 weeks earlier. Maybe (big leap to conspiracy theory territory here) Jasper Shepard is an off-the-books CIA asset, killed Benoit and the CIA knew about it, and wrote the letter sanctioning Kort to carry out the hit to stop any investigation before it started?