Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tony's learned better. It took him awhile, but he knows better than to make stupid jokes. Jimmy, though, makes awkward situation jokes. I can't remember if I posited that theory here, but I believe jimmy is so apathetic and used to the idea of dead bodies and gross things that come from them, that he is unaware some people might be unsettled at a twisted joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    i used to love this show but USA has killed tyhat for me its the same episodes everytime just got burnt out on the show rather watch criminal minds over ncis anymore
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    i used to love this show but USA has killed tyhat for me its the same episodes everytime just got burnt out on the show rather watch criminal minds over ncis anymore
    You could always not watch the repeats

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I'm the opposite right now. It's the only show that I don't get tired of. I watch it all the way through (skipping episodes I don't like) over and over. All the other shows I watch, I can't do that. Then again, I don't watch any other TV drama shows.

Here's an idea-don't watch reruns, and just watch the new ep when it airs? Wasn't aware USA was holding a gun to your head and demanding you sit throuch NCIS reruns...

Filming starts in 2 weeks, and there is still a media black-out on Cote de Pablo's contract status. I guess they'll have to say something before then, unless Gary Glasberg thinks they can completely shut out the public during filming.

Cote de Pablo is leaving NCIS at the beginning of Season 11

Cote de Pablo is invoking Gibbs’ Rule No. 11 — “When the job is done, walk away” — and has decided to leave CBS’ NCIS.

The actress — whose contract expired at the end of Season 10 — will appear at the start of Season 11 (premiering Sept. 24) to conclude Ziva’s story.

“I’ve had eight great years with NCIS and Ziva David,” the actress shares. “I have huge respect and affection for Mark, Gary, Michael, David, Rocky, Pauley, Brian, Sean, all of the team and CBS. I look forward to finishing Ziva’s story.”

In a statement, CBS said, “We respect Cote’s decision, thank her for being an important part of the NCIS team, and for eight terrific years playing Ziva David. Cote and CBS share a great respect for the NCIS audience, and we look forward to working with her and the producers on appropriate closure in this chapter of Ziva’s story.”

News of De Pablo’s departure comes at the proverbial 11th hour, since NCIS is due to resume production next week. Her future with the show has been conspicuously in question since the spring, when her character of Ziva was steered into a dangerous mission of vengeance, at one point winding up in a (seemingly) brutal car crash.

After emerging from that episode-ending cliffhanger surprisingly unscathed, by season’s end Ziva and others had resigned from NCIS — and then the season ended with a four-month time jump, the disenfranchised agents thus far unaccounted for.
    Show boss Gary Glasberg maintained back in April, when de Pablo stood as the only cast member unsigned for Season 11, “I’m confident that things will work out, and we’ll present the best finale that we can and go from there.”
    http://tvline.com/2013/07/10/cote-de...11-ziva-david/

That's a shame. She was a good actress and the tension between ziva and tony finally seemed to be going somewhere.

That's sad. I enjoyed watching her. I wonder how long she has known she wouldn't return. I wonder if this is why they never pulled the trigger on a Tony-Ziva romance. Also, I wonder who they will get to replace her?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they work it well into the story. Though right now, the story is so chaotic that anything could happen. Technically, Tony, McGee, and Ziva all quit NCIS (though I still think it was only meant as a metaphorical gesture until things cooled down).

As far as a replacement? Man, hard to say. Assuming they DO replace her, it will probably be somebody new. Especially considering at the time, Ziva was new when she joined. But I had a very out-there theory. What if Jonathan Cole survived the explosion at NCIS? Maybe he ducked out as soon as he heard the phone ring on the bomb. After such a heroic act, they (whoever would make the decision) decide to release him, but into Gibbs' custody. Which includes him working for him. He had such a cocky attitude, but in a humorous way. Would be interesting to see him again.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. In the episode where Mike Franks gets killed by Cobb, Ziva is the one who gets emotional and turns into the "I can't do this anymore" thing. I think there's really only two ways she can go. Either dead, or she quits to take a job with less death. But, given who she is, I can't imagine her not taking a dangerous job.

Maybe Hanks' character gets fired over his conduct vis-a-vis the Gibbs investigation and she gets offered the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Oh. In the episode where Mike Franks gets killed by Cobb, Ziva is the one who gets emotional and turns into the "I can't do this anymore" thing. I think there's really only two ways she can go. Either dead, or she quits to take a job with less death. But, given who she is, I can't imagine her not taking a dangerous job.
    I hope they don't kill her, they already did that with Kate.

Deleted
    Hoping they bring another female character into the team, someone that will reverse the rolls of Tony and Ziva had, but with McGee being the object of interest, Would also like to see the McGee and Abby relationship taken a step further than it already is, and using this scenario would add a layer of interest to the team.

on the whole though I am not sad to see Ziva Leave, as although she is a great actor and fits well within the team, if she stayed then something would have to happen between her and Tony which would sort of ruin the rapport that two share at the moment. With her farther recently killed I would not be surprised to see her return to Israel and take up some sort of position of power within mossad following in her farther footsteps. This way she could make guest appearances from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    With her farther recently killed I would not be surprised to see her return to Israel and take up some sort of position of power within mossad following in her farther footsteps. This way she could make guest appearances from time to time.
    Well, a deputy directorship has just opened up in Mossad...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Calling it now then, this will be the end story for Ziva. Something will happen than causes her to want to go back to Israel, and she will of course be offered the Deputy Directorship of Mossad in return.

I should really re-watch the last season before the new season starts, but im catching up on my Dexter at the moment >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I hope they don't kill her, they already did that with Kate.
    Killing off characters gives them no chance to reprise!! I agree :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for. That way she can pop up for an episode or two per season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for. That way she can pop up for an episode or two per season.
    But she went through all that trouble getting her citizenship, and denouncing Israel and Mossad. I don't think it'd fit the story for her to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    But she went through all that trouble getting her citizenship, and denouncing Israel and Mossad. I don't think it'd fit the story for her to go back.
    I actually wondered earlier this year if they were going this route temporarily at least and her dad's death would be the cause. In the one episode she even went back to Israel to honor him. I guess we will find out in 2 months!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some info on Cote's departure: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ow-a-football/

In short, they offered her a shit ton of money, and she still said no. But that link led to this link (spoilery): http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ncis-detail...214441006.html

I like seeing Jimmy's name on that list, but I stopped caring about Vance the almost second he showed up when Jenny was still alive.

Also, Cote's leaving prompted me to think about something else. Going back and watching the seasons, it's clear nepotism is strong in Hollywood. Sean Murray is a TERRIBLE actor. His lines are delivered so drone and monotonous most of the time, I swear I could do a better job. There's this one line, I don't remember the season or episode, but I think it was in a fairly later season. He looks at the camera (Gibbs), and says something like "in the hands of x country, our multi-billion dollar defense systems would be useless" or something like that. When you see it, you'll know. I thought there was just something wrong with his voice through most of season 10. No, I think that's just how he is.