Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Mind sharing which weapon you're supposed to swap to?
    Depends on what I am doing. Generally, I like to keep my weapon flip for MH Axe or Greatsword burn all my CDs/rage and back out to the safety of ranged once more till refresh.

Sword/Sword is really close to being the highest DPS for a Warrior. Big flaw is you have to really stay in that stance and it's a lot of DOT damage. So realistically it's not something you will ever see your true potential realized with. But the speed and damage for S/S is really godly.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-29 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Depends on what I am doing. Generally, I like to keep my weapon flip for MH Axe or Greatsword burn all my CDs/rage and back out to the safety of ranged once more till refresh.

Sword/Sword is really close to being the highest DPS for a Warrior. Big flaw is you have to really stay in that stance and it's a lot of DOT damage. So realistically it's not something you will ever see your true potential realized with. But the speed and damage for S/S is really godly.
    I find that burning adrenaline in general is not that smart from DPS point of view, unless enemy is basically "one rotation" material and you need it down ASAP. When fully loaded with adrenaline you do significantly more damage and get significantly higher crit with all the procs when properly traited. It takes too long to load it back up, and your damage suffers noticeably until you're back at full three bars due to both lack of crits and effects they proc (bleed, vulnerability and might) as well as simply lower numbers from each hit that connects. Not to forget the flat GS damage trait that you lose on swap as well.

I've tried axes for whirl on downtime, but I find that most of the time, GS1 is still better judging from enemy health bars. It's less damage when using GS1 instead of axe whirl/stacking bleeds with impale, but you get to pull next 100b significantly sooner then when having to swap back, and 100b is simply far more damaging that any tool in our toolbox.

Obviously, we can't prove exact numbers due to utter failure of a statistical collection currently in game and lousy dummies that don't survive for any meaningful periods of time, but I can't help but feel that your statement of "switching weapons increases damage" is false for a warrior. Sticking to GS seems like the best option for our current best DPS builds.

Personally I ended up having rifle in a second slot, and I don't think I had to field it outside dungeons in last two days. It's just not worth it. Even against champions when you have to sometimes disengage it feels better to GS4 and then GS1 circle strafe when focused building up vulnerability stacks and immediately unloading sping to win and/or 100b when champion looks at someone else. It'll probably be nerfed in the next balancing patch - it's simply far too powerful in PvE right now.

On topic, warrior is definitely not mid of the pack overall. He's a top dog in PvE, mid pack in WvW, and backbone of many teams in s/tPvP. I'd say that mid pack are probably classes that are more of one trick ponies, but that have tricks that generally work. That is ranger, thief, probably necromancer.

That said, at this point it would probably make sense to specify which aspect of the game you're referring to. Game has four of them, and each class has strengths and weaknesses often specific to each aspect. Someone who's mid of the pack in one mode can be a top dog in another and close to the bottom in others.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-09-29 at 01:42 AM.

I find that burning adrenaline in general is not that smart from DPS point of view
    It isn't. Def. wanna hold on to rage in many set ups. The two kits that burn rage consistent are Axe and Mace focused builds. The latter only in very specific circumstances that one can [hopefully] predict.

By axe whirl you mean axe OH #5? That's good for cold opens or crit proc effects with no ICD. Otherwise, whatever-city as far as I am concerned. I'd just as soon stick with S/S or greatsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It isn't. Def. wanna hold on to rage in many set ups. The two kits that burn rage consistent are Axe and Mace focused builds. The latter only in very specific circumstances that one can [hopefully] predict.

By axe whirl you mean axe OH #5? That's good for cold opens or crit proc effects with no ICD. Otherwise, whatever-city as far as I am concerned. I'd just as soon stick with S/S or greatsword.
    Pretty much. My modus operandi on warrior in world PvE at the moment is to pull at least three mobs. I cleave with each strike, so the more I pull, the faster I level. Hence I've tried various other setups, but good old GS2 GS3 GS1... ...GS1 GS2 GS3 GS1... is just too powerful in comparison to all alternatives. You end up sitting at near permanent 3-5 might stacks even in subpar levelling gear with some bleeds and vulnerability on the enemy from all the crits. Axe5 was about the only skill that had decent enough of a cleave to match the damage.

The most average medium mediumest profession is most likely going to be a medium armor profession. In my opinion, the most mediumest of the medium armor professions is an engineer. They don't have an overly high or low skillcap or floor, it's actually rather medium, and they have an all around balanced base health and armor compared to the other professions. Mediumy-mediumest indeed.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-09-29 at 04:40 AM.

Necros are terrible. If you want to play an underdog class necro is def the way to go.
    As for medium difficulty... err ranger maybe? faceroll easy class on the surface but then I guess when you factor pet management in there is a layer of complexity there

Necro, Engi, Ele are "medium"

Warrior, Mesmer, Ranger, Thief, and Guardian are scrub tier classes

Nothing is hard in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Necro, Engi, Ele are "medium"

Warrior, Mesmer, Ranger, Thief, and Guardian are scrub tier classes

Nothing is hard in GW2.
    Damn right. I just spam all my buttons and people die. Game is so easy.