Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

MoP Factions + Justice points

I have the lorekeeper of pandaria achievement now and have from what I can tell, unlocked every faction, I read that to unlock the dailys for the "Shado-Pan" and also "The August Celestials" you are required to be Revered with the "Golden Lotus".

Just from questing and about a day of dailys since hitting 90 as a human, I have managed to get my current faction standings with the main factions to;

Golden Lotus - Neutral, 2550/3000
    Order of the Cloud Serpent - Honored, 3000/12000
    Shado-Pan - Friendly, 5586/6000
    The August Celestials - Neutral, 1200/3000
    The Klaxxi - Honored, 5652/12000

This entitles me to 7 daily quests from "Golden Lotus" which gives about 200-ish rep and once friendly you unlock 20 more so after tomorrow I will be gaining about 5400 rep per day, friendly to honored is 6000 so it would take 2 days after todays reset to get to honored then you unlock 15 more at honored, so would then be gaining 8400 per day if you did all 42 quests, honored to revered is 12000 so would take 2 additional days of doing them all to get revered and that then unlocks the ability to do daily quests for "Shado-Pan" and "The August Celestials" and roughly another 3 days to get to exalted so 10 days in total.

Once unlocked the Shado-Pan offer 5 daily quests at 3 differant hubs with each giving 250 rep except the last one which gives 350, so 1 day is essentially 4050, so to get my rep from where it is now it would take 1 day to honored, 3 days to revered and about 6 to get to exalted, so totalling at around 10 days this being 10 days after I already took 10 to do the "Golden Lotus" obviously at this point "The August Celestials" can be done alongside the Shado-Pan quests so not going to attempt working that out too.

My point though, blizzard did say before they didnt like the fact people "Need" to log in to do dailys or a specific dungeon or whatever as more of a chore then anything else, yet now it is a case of if you dont do the dailys every day you wont get the rep or it will become a much longer process. Now I understand not everyone is going to be that bothered about getting the reputation rewards anyway but also the fact that to spend justice points now I am required to have honored standings with the factions, so I would "Need" to log in and go do the dailys for "Golden Lotus" to even unlock the other two and then have to do those aswell to get honored standing to purchase the items with justice points, personally I havent seen if there is going to be a new justice point vendor added at a later date that requires no rep just sells the gear, but as someone that is farming heroics to gear up now in 20 days worth of gameplay I very much doubt that I would need the items those rep quatermasters are selling anyway but also the fact that I only have 1 faction currently that I can spend justice points with, for a chestpiece that has already been replaced.

It just seems like a cheap way of making players have to come online every day and I would like to hear other opinions about it, I dont know why they decided against the use of tabards to gain rep as we have previously seen, but it wouldnt be so bad if I could atleast spend my justice points because over 20 days worth of daily quests I'm pretty sure I can amount way more then 4000 justice points.

(If I have missed reading that they are infact adding another justice vendor at a later date thats great and I look a fool but still this seems like a very long winded way of getting people to play the game rather then giving us the dailys as an option to gain rep faster and use the tabard otherwise)

P.s apologies for long post it is also my first, I am no longer in a guild and have people to moan to about it and get responses in regards to it, also the math is no way going to be 100% because math is the worst.

Rep grinding the last 2 xpacs has become nothing more than a second thought. It didn't mean anything, and the rewards were useless.

They're fixing that in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I got from this post was that you want to get gear without logging in.

5 days of daily quest to get revered. Is this really something to complain about. If you don't want the gear, go grind dungeons.

5 DAYS!

Less then a week!.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    All I got from this post was that you want to get gear without logging in.

5 days of daily quest to get revered. Is this really something to complain about. If you don't want the gear, go grind dungeons.

5 DAYS!

Less then a week!.
    if you do every quest every day sure, but the thing that doesnt make sense is why put justice point gear on those vendors, by the time you unlock those factions and are able to buy gear from them, the amount of dungeons that will have run will have gained better gear then all of those items just seems rather pointless to even have them there, dont see why they ditched the justice vendor or rep tabards.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSam View Post
    if you do every quest every day sure, but the thing that doesnt make sense is why put justice point gear on those vendors, by the time you unlock those factions and are able to buy gear from them, the amount of dungeons that will have run will have gained better gear then all of those items just seems rather pointless to even have them there, dont see why they ditched the justice vendor or rep tabards.
    Because, that's why.

A rep tabard just made you run whichever 5 man you could do the fastest for the more rep per run. With this daily cycle you will be out in the world and it will help keep it alive.

Most of the JP gear is only meant to fill slots if you have bad luck with drops, it is not meant to be your only source of gear. Run those 5 mans if you want for on par / better gear, no one is stopping you.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSam View Post
    By the time you have them unlocked you might have some slots still open, where you were just unlucky on rolls or drops. The jp gear is meant to fill in those gaps. This may not apply to someone who grinds out 20 dungeons every day, but the game, especially the pre-raid game, isn't balanced around those people either.

As for why they ditched the justice vendor and the tabards, they wanted reputations to feel like they meant something, like you were getting rewarded because you had made powerful friends, not because a green bar you never looked at filled to the top. It does come at a convenience cost, but the old model was probably a bit...too convenient.

Deleted
    After reading the first paragraphs I thought you were going to say "That's so awesome! Now there are many things I can do each time I play WoW!"

...Are you seriously complaining that there's actually stuff to do in the game? In the game you're paying for every month? It shouldn't take you 7 days to get all the best gear. It's an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Veysa View Post
    After reading the first paragraphs I thought you were going to say "That's so awesome! Now there are many things I can do each time I play WoW!"

...Are you seriously complaining that there's actually stuff to do in the game? In the game you're paying for every month? It shouldn't take you 7 days to get all the best gear. It's an MMO.
    Sorry, daily quests isn't content for me, it's useless and boring and it becomes a chore pretty damn quickly. Providing us with a faction tabard would've been a nice choice, especially now that the dungeons doesn't take 2 hours to finish like at the start of Cataclysm.

Dailies suck.

Deleted
    from the responses so far, I am in no way saying "I fucking hate these new daily quests I have to go out of the city now its shit" I enjoy doing them it just seems long winded to put justice gear at a point that will actually take an amount of time to get to, to be easily replaced sitting at full justice cap non stop seems pointless and they could have just added the tabards aswell to give people the option rather then forcing it upon everyone.
    Last edited by mmoc1945e48530; 2012-09-28 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this system, for some reason it makes me glad to see all the casuals cry about it. It's a bit harder to get gear now and at the moment MoP is truly the best expansion pack since tbc.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think (of course I'm not sure as I'm not the OP) that the OP and I have the same issue with this new system. It's not rep, or grinding rep, or lack of alternatives, or anything of the sort. The problem here is the same as the problem with the way heroics used to be. I don't want to have to log in every day to keep up. I want to be able to do my ~350 dailies (~50 a day X 7 days) anytime I want over the course of my week, like I can do my 7 heroics whenever I want. What I don't want is this bad daily system where if I'm out of town thursday I can't get the piece of gear I want before the next raid tuesday.
    WoW is a game of information; the more you know, the better you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikebebop View Post
    I think (of course I'm not sure as I'm not the OP) that the OP and I have the same issue with this new system. It's not rep, or grinding rep, or lack of alternatives, or anything of the sort. The problem here is the same as the problem with the way heroics used to be. I don't want to have to log in every day to keep up. I want to be able to do my ~350 dailies (~50 a day X 7 days) anytime I want over the course of my week, like I can do my 7 heroics whenever I want. What I don't want is this bad daily system where if I'm out of town thursday I can't get the piece of gear I want before the next raid tuesday.
    this is exactly my thoughts, I am in no way hating the game, I am enjoying it. The new system just feels very forced and if you dont do it you miss out, full stop, if I decide not to do any daily quests, I then have no gear to spend my justice points on, so what is the point in gaining justice points? it just seems to make it a chore of "needing" to log on every day and do these dailies and if I miss one day because I didnt have time to finish 60 quests then it takes me even longer to get through stuff. I realise now that what I was trying to explain hasnt been the easiest to write down, I do like the game I thought I read an interview with a developer that said they didnt like the fact dailies felt like a chore to log on and do so their solution was to force you to do it more-so, just doesnt make a huge amount of sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably just an old fart but I quite like the return to the BC system - without the endless single dungeon grinding.

A major problem is that the rep JP gear sucks, and it takes time to unlock. I bought a JP item then replaced it my next heroic with an item that was 13 ilvls higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    A major problem is that the rep JP gear sucks, and it takes time to unlock. I bought a JP item then replaced it my next heroic with an item that was 13 ilvls higher.
    At least you can return it?

And @Uennie: I agree, I don't want endless dungeons either, but I would like if the rep quests were long finite chains so I could do them over time, instead of daily (I realize daily was the bc model as well).
    WoW is a game of information; the more you know, the better you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikebebop View Post
    At least you can return it?

And @Uennie: I agree, I don't want endless dungeons either, but I would like if the rep quests were long finite chains so I could do them over time, instead of daily (I realize daily was the bc model as well).
    return it and get a currency that is basically worthless because by the time I unlock the items I already got better.

it was too easy in cata and WotLK and too hard before that. it's in an ok place now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    return it and get a currency that is basically worthless because by the time I unlock the items I already got better.
    exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is fair to argue that the system should be altered, so as to make it that the gear you gain from the Rep isn't already replaced by the time you get the rep. However, I love the new design. A while ago you used to have to hit max level, gain some gear, then run dungeons, and eventually work your way up to raids. But a lot of people started complaining that they couldn't hit the max level and 5 minutes later be raiding, so they could be finished with the game in 2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

I like the idea of what they've done but it's just so retarded that you can't even access the Shado-Pan and August Celestials until you're Revered with Golden Lotus. I've just been running HCs and most of the loot from the JP vendors that I can't even interact with yet for upwards of a week is now outdated.

I'd like it if they allowed you to at least quest upto honored or be able to do dailies but no. I'm forced to camp Scritch if I want to access the Shado-Pan loot and I have no chance of getting the August Celestial and Golden Lotus loot before they're completely outdated.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2012-09-28 at 03:41 AM.