Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Barrage vs Glaive Toss

Im playing a lvl 90 SV and Ive been running with Barrage, personally, but im hearing a lot of feedback saying that glaive toss is better. Anyone able to elaborate, and perhaps explain the best way to use it in order to get the most from it.

Any help is much appreciated, /thankyou in advance

barrage u have to channel, therefore losing 2 seconds of dps time

glaive toss is instant

I treat Glaive Toss as a cheaper, more damaging Arcane Shot on a cooldown with AOE capabilities, so I just pop it on cooldown unless there's extra targets popping up very soon.

Deleted
    glaive toss is kinda nice, the other 2 are bad imo.

one big gripe i have with glaive toss is that if the target is moving sometimes both glaives won't hit.

I have tried Glave Toss and Barrage so far and all I can say is that I love barrage ALOT more. Also feels like it's the better choice for running dungeons, maybe not for single-target bosses in raids, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    one big gripe i have with glaive toss is that if the target is moving sometimes both glaives won't hit.
    The glaives will always hit your maintarget if youre hitcapped. Its not an skillshot, but rather a normal shot like arcone with an animation that the glaives will come back to you...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Personally im using the glaives atm. I had a few bad dungeon runs where the barrage pulled an extra pack that was close, and caused a wipe...Anyone else having this problem? Havent tryed the power shot tho, hows that working out for ppl?

I've used both and I love both. Don't get me wrong. It sucks that we have that extra key to press lol.. but for single target and not many mobs, I believe glaive toss is the winner. But for AoE... I believe barrage is the clear winner. I'll test them out more... but I'm still only ilevel 451. Still got lots of gear upgrades to get.

And yes.. the extra pulling by accident with barrage is a problem. It's hard to tell whether or not you are going to hit that mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades2004 View Post
    Personally im using the glaives atm. I had a few bad dungeon runs where the barrage pulled an extra pack that was close, and caused a wipe...Anyone else having this problem? Havent tryed the power shot tho, hows that working out for ppl?
    Yes, Barrage is extremely dangerous if anything else is in the area. Doesn't even have to be that close...I hit some random yellow mob that was a good 10 yards behind my target while questing....

Until they reduce the AoE to something like a 5-yard radius around your target, Barrage is too much of a liability in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Yes, Barrage is extremely dangerous if anything else is in the area. Doesn't even have to be that close...I hit some random yellow mob that was a good 10 yards behind my target while questing....

Until they reduce the AoE to something like a 5-yard radius around your target, Barrage is too much of a liability in many situations.
    Well it does say anything within a code within range. And I believe that range is 40 yards. So anything within a cone in front of you and is within 40 yards is fair game.

I do love the animation of that spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    The glaives will always hit your maintarget if youre hitcapped. Its not an skillshot, but rather a normal shot like arcone with an animation that the glaives will come back to you...
    This is false. There's a bug/pathing issue that causes Glaive Toss to not hit the main target if it's moving any significant amount. It's like the glaives travel to where the target was when you cast it, but the target has moved out of the area and takes no damage.

It's still far, far better than Barrage or Powershot though.

was using barrage but switch to glavies now. idc if dmg is lower or anything but barrage its such pain in the ass in dungeons. got flamed for pulling half scralet monastery cus of that shit...

Deleted
    Barrage just like thrill of the hunt is better for aoe especially when you need to burst aoe (its very handy on the jade serpent achievement where u got 5min to kill 2 bosses).

This issue shouldn't be up for debate still. Glaive Toss is the best 90 talent.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Glaives is really good, the other 2 are situational talents

on single target dps obviously Glaives are far, far, far ahead

but you might consider using Powershot on heroics/challenge when your trill of the hunt isn't active (high AoE potential, casting time is the same as barrage channeling but higher damage) as Glaive works like Demon Hunter's Double Chakra (from Diablo3), there are minor issues with "not every target is it"

anyway on an "everyday spec" i take Glaive blindfolded

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    This issue shouldn't be up for debate still. Glaive Toss is the best 90 talent.
    I see the majority of hunters doing more damage with barrage than they would with glaive toss. And ending up with higher overall dmg.

You can't say anything is best or worst when the first raiding tier isn't even out and there hasn't been enough testing about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    I see the majority of hunters doing more damage with barrage than they would with glaive toss. And ending up with higher overall dmg.

You can't say anything is best or worst when the first raiding tier isn't even out and there hasn't been enough testing about it yet.
    this statement is just... completely baseless.

none of the 90 tier beats multi shot for survival anyway so using it for any situation other than single target is a silly prospect. Only aoe situation where powershot/barrage would be superior if the adds literally died in 3 seconds or less.

For BM/marks it might be viable to use barrage/powershot while hasted before going into the multishot rotation but really these talents need a lot of work

I'm BM and use Glaive Toss it's pretty nice I must say. Barrage is a channeling ability and with BM rotation it just doesn't fit right and would be clunky. And Powershot has a cast time ugh, cobra shot is bad enough for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    I have tried Glave Toss and Barrage so far and all I can say is that I love barrage ALOT more. Also feels like it's the better choice for running dungeons, maybe not for single-target bosses in raids, though.
    this, barrage is amazing in dungeons and does decent damage single target, but for raiding, glaive toss will win out on most fights. barrage does WAY more aoe dps however and unless your tank figures out how to only pull one mob at a time, it is a much better choice for dungeons.

the only thing to be cautious of is that it will hit EVERYTHING 40 yrds in front of you, whereas GT will not, if you have problems with positioning or close knit packs and a sketchy pug tank, or have no idea how to use MD, barrage can cause a lot of problems very quickly, but when it is used correctly, popping ET, MS, Br, MS results in about 200k dps for 5s with about 5 mobs, which puts all other aoe to shame!

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post

barrage costs more focus, has ~2.5x as long of a cast time (depending on haste) and does only about double the damage of glaive toss the same damage single target with double the cd.

aka the same damage every minute, costing more, and taking longer to cast. it is worse than glaive toss single target, straight up. period. lawyered*.

*math'd
    Last edited by Mr.Pineapple; 2012-10-02 at 02:48 PM.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!