Anticipation!?!?

So after I hit 90 I picked up anticipation, since its obviously going to be the best talent for most of raiding unless you need to swap targets a lot then redirect is the best option... My question is tho... Has anyone found an addon to track it? I use comergy and it doesnt track it what so ever..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    So after I hit 90 I picked up anticipation, since its obviously going to be the best talent for most of raiding unless you need to swap targets a lot then redirect is the best option... My question is tho... Has anyone found an addon to track it? I use comergy and it doesnt track it what so ever..
    PowerAura, WeakAura... Every addon that can track a buff can track it.

Have they fixed PowerAura yet? I love PA but when they launched 5.0.4 it was cutting my fps from 180 to 20 and making it lag...

Deleted

I'm sitting in a 1400 login que atm for Illidan but when I get in ill test it out.. Hopefully it doesnt lag cause I miss my PA

Remember Anticipation is a self buff. I know with some mods you have to set then up to track buffs and debuffs on yourself/target/etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue Power Bars. Awesome.

Note: I use the addon on all the other classes as well.

I haven't set it up yet as I just hit 90 the other day, but I'm just going to change the spell id from shadows of the destroyer to anticipation to track that since I obviously don't need to track the daggers anymore.

Deleted
    Anyone know if it's possible for MSBT to go up to 10 Combo Points instead of 5? For example If I had 8 CP's i'd know when I Envenom I will have 3..

10+ Year Old Account
    ATM it should be counting "anticipation" stacks instead of CP. I'm sure you could do some fancy wiring to make anticipation 1-5 become CP 6-10, but you'd probably be better off using power auras or a rogue-specific addon for that particular function if "anticipation" 1-5 is problematic for you.

Deleted
    I'm not sure why you want some extensive tracking mechanism for it. In practice, you won't have to pay any mind to it whatsoever. You're just supposed to continue with your rotation, and the points will be returned to you sooner or later. The duration for which the Anticipation-buff lasts should be long enough for you to reach your next offensive finisher.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could try Combo Points Redux.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I'm not sure why you want some extensive tracking mechanism for it. In practice, you won't have to pay any mind to it whatsoever. You're just supposed to continue with your rotation, and the points will be returned to you sooner or later. The duration for which the Anticipation-buff lasts should be long enough for you to reach your next offensive finisher.
    The duration of the charges probably isn't going to matter knowing versus not knowing, but the number of charges easily can. I've mostly been grinding heroics and haven't been paying attention to it enough but you can use it to hold onto cp to refresh rupture and snd basically back to back if they happen to be expiring at the same time or stock up on cp's before you push high insight or a couple of other things. It definitely has added benefit in addition to the just not wasting a cp if you get a bonus cp from something that would put you over 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    The duration of the charges probably isn't going to matter knowing versus not knowing, but the number of charges easily can. I've mostly been grinding heroics and haven't been paying attention to it enough but you can use it to hold onto cp to refresh rupture and snd basically back to back if they happen to be expiring at the same time or stock up on cp's before you push high insight or a couple of other things. It definitely has added benefit in addition to the just not wasting a cp if you get a bonus cp from something that would put you over 5.
    Unfortunately not true =( Anticipation is limited to take effect "When you perform an offensive finishing move on an enemy" and doesn't cause anticipated CP from SnD or Recuperate. The only use I've seen for it is catching CP procs (smoothing out sub, getting that last point for env when you're at 3 CP, going from 4-6 CP on SS after RvS) and, in my "best" moments, stocking up on 1 extra CP out of a shadow blades use by making sure to be around 4-5 anticipation when it ends (assuming energy allows back/back SS GCDs at the time). Can't say I've worked with it that thoroughly or that it's worth the risk of screwing up, but theoretically you gain 1 CP for having an extra SS inside SB as opposed to after it ends by pushing your evis/rupture GCD outside of it.

EDIT: misread Sessh saying you could refresh Recup and SnD... which made sense in my head since I haven't played sub since pre-5.0.4... and explains why I shouldn't always post at 5:30 A.M.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-09-30 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Unfortunately not true =( Anticipation is limited to take effect "When you perform an offensive finishing move on an enemy" and doesn't cause anticipated CP from SnD or Recuperate. The only use I've seen for it is catching CP procs (smoothing out sub, getting that last point for env when you're at 3 CP, going from 4-6 CP on SS after RvS) and, in my "best" moments, stocking up on 1 extra CP out of a shadow blades use by making sure to be around 4-5 anticipation when it ends (assuming energy allows back/back SS GCDs at the time). Can't say I've worked with it that thoroughly or that it's worth the risk of screwing up, but theoretically you gain 1 CP for having an extra SS inside SB as opposed to after it ends by pushing your evis/rupture GCD outside of it.
    No, Sesshou is completely right. You can use anticipation to advance BG before using a finisher, or stocking combo points so you can refresh SnD as sub or combat with minimal overlap (ie, build up 4 anticipation charges, then evis/rup and in the next global using the 4-5 anticipation granted combo points on SnD). The thing is anticipation only lasts 15 seconds so as combat you can, however, have anticipation fall off prior to being able to use the charges if you refresh SnD on existing combo points rather than anticipation charges (moral of the story, as combat, always do an offensive finisher first, then SnD).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-09-30 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    No, Sesshou is completely right. You can use anticipation to advance BG before using a finisher, or stocking combo points so you can refresh SnD as sub or combat with minimal overlap (ie, build up 4 anticipation charges, then evis/rup and in the next global using the 4-5 anticipation granted combo points on SnD). The thing is anticipation only lasts 15 seconds so as combat you can, however, have anticipation fall off prior to being able to use the charges if you refresh SnD on existing combo points rather than anticipation charges (moral of the story, as combat, always do an offensive finisher first, then SnD).
    Thanks for pointing out that I can't read >.> didn't meant to mislead anyone, just had a word substitution in there.

15+ Year Old Account
    NeedToKnow

best addon