10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    chances are they did. but we're still talking about the book.
    Yeah there is. The movie is ok. I actually liked it a bit.

The scene isn't a "good" sex scene either. So don't go in thinking you're reading 50 shades of grey. Its a big part of the story though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Oh. Alright then. Sex scene was still likely unnecessary
    Depends on the story. If it's added just for the sake of adding it, then probably. But i'll have to read the book before i make that kind of call. And you should too before YOU make that kind of call.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah there is. The movie is ok. I actually liked it a bit.

The scene isn't a "good" sex scene either. So don't go in thinking you're reading 50 shades of grey. Its a big part of the story though.
    "good" sex scene? Lol? So you mean there's rape in the story? Alright then.

What ever though, as long as it adds to the story and doesn't take away from it. Oh and just to be sure, what's the book we're talking about? I just want to be 100% sure so i know what to look for tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the story. If it's added just for the sake of adding it, then probably. But i'll have to read the book before i make that kind of call. And you should too before YOU make that kind of call.
    I don't plan on reading the book. I was just making an observation based on previous experience =P

I might read the book though, I am very bored

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    "good" sex scene? Lol? So you mean there's rape in the story? Alright then.

What ever though, as long as it adds to the story and doesn't take away from it. Oh and just to be sure, what's the book we're talking about? I just want to be 100% sure so i know what to look for tomorrow.
    Spoilers for others Yes, you are correct.

Kite Runner. Its a fairly new book. Like <10 years old. Takes place is Afghanistan in the 1980s when Russia invaded.

I don't plan on reading the book. I was just making an observation based on previous experience =P

I might read the book though, I am very bored
    Do it filly! Also, yeah, i'm very bored too . . . reading a good book might change that.
    I haven't actually read a good BOOK since last year (reading fallout equestria doesn't count, it's good but it isn't a book).

Spoilers for others Yes, you are correct.

Kite Runner. Its a fairly new book. Like <10 years old. Takes place is Afghanistan in the 1980s when Russia invaded.
    alright so i was correct with my assumption of it being kite runner. I actually do think our library has it. if not, so be it, i'm sure a public library might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it filly! Also, yeah, i'm very bored too . . . reading a good book might change that.
    I haven't actually read a good BOOK since last year (reading fallout equestria doesn't count, it's good but it isn't a book).

alright so i was correct with my assumption of it being kite runner. I actually do think our library has it. if not, so be it, i'm sure a public library might.
    What book are we talking about? I feel as though 2 books are being talked about right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Public one for sure. Its a pretty popular book.

What book are we talking about? I feel as though 2 books are being talked about right now.
    Kite runner.

Public one for sure. Its a pretty popular book.
    Yeah. I'll check at the library at school tomorrow. if they dont have it, i'll ask to go to a public library to check it out.

Also . . .you said you had to read this for a class in school? Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Animations Master Race WOOP WOOP!
    They are so good. Finding Nemo. Tangled. Despicable Me. Awesome movies.

Rape backgrounds stories are so repetitive.
    Repetition is a good thing . . . right?
    Bah, i should really stop posting and just keep watching this "madoka" show you guys always talk about >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Rape backgrounds stories are so repetitive.
    And generally very bland, and very boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also . . .you said you had to read this for a class in school? Wow.
    Yup and do a report on it, about how childhood affects adulthood.

Everybody agreed it was the best book of the class though, by quite a margin. Childhoods End is much darker and its scifi.

Everyone should read A Game of Thrones

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Yup and do a report on it, about how childhood affects adulthood.

Everybody agreed it was the best book of the class though, by quite a margin. Childhoods End is much darker and its scifi.
    Huh well then. Also, one book at a time. I can keep up with multiple shows at a time, but not books. I hate reading more than one book at a time. So i'll check out kite runner and then maybe some other books you would recommend if i enjoy kite runner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Everyone should read A Game of Thrones
    Doesn't get more cliche =P

Good evening. Might have time to watch an episode or two tonight. Recommendations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh well then. Also, one book at a time. I can keep up with multiple shows at a time, but not books. I hate reading more than one book at a time. So i'll check out kite runner and then maybe some other books you would recommend if i enjoy kite runner.
    I'm not too much of a book guy, but that book... so many feels.

Childhoods End is a weird book. Its one you read and think about a lot afterwards. Its a short book, like 200 pages and drags on quite a bit, once it ends its like... woah.

Physics master race, sorry bud. I'm kind of surprised I dont care about bio more than I do, because I can learn a lot on how the body works in biology and that CAN help when it comes to art. Physics not as much, but potentially, depending on what I do. Chem . . . no, fuck chem. Won't need it at any moment in my life ever after high school.
    First thing I thought of when I say this was my great grandpa. He was in veterinary school and someone suggested he take a drawing class. He didn't think much of it at the time but took it anyway, and was very glad when he did because drawing the anatomy and such helped him tremendously.

As for the high school stuff: My GPA on the 1-4 scale was usually around 2.5ish, but there were a few quarters I got in the 3+ range. My PE teachers didn't have us do written stuff as far as I remember. I took biology in 9th grade, physics in 10th, chemistry in 11th, and did fairly well in all of them as far as learning things went. As far as actual grades I was mediocre due to despising homework, but almost every single test I aced. Owing more to the teachers than anything else I enjoyed biology and chemistry the most since those teachers were fun whereas my physics teacher was essentially Fred Flintstone. I'm not joking, my physics teacher could easily pass as Fred. Coincidentally he also taught geology.

Let's see, I also had two years of multimedia, one year of graphics design, one and a half years of auto mechanics (I say half because I didn't learn or do a damn thing the last half year), one year of wood shop, two years of Japanese, a year and a half of judo, half a year of stage crew... And I'd need to look at my transcripts to see what other stuff I took besides the usual English, math, history, etc. I failed English a few terms because I have rather large problems doing essays when I don't give a damn about the subject or don't feel I know enough to write anything about.

And while it's on my mind: Vetali, what does the rest of your avi look like if you don't mind me asking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah anybody here read Life of Pi? I though that was a bleh book. Didn't like it. Movie looks bad too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    First thing I thought of when I say this was my great grandpa. He was in veterinary school and someone suggested he take a drawing class. He didn't think much of it at the time but took it anyway, and was very glad when he did because drawing the anatomy and such helped him tremendously.

As for the high school stuff: My GPA on the 1-4 scale was usually around 2.5ish, but there were a few quarters I got in the 3+ range. My PE teachers didn't have us do written stuff as far as I remember. I took biology in 9th grade, physics in 10th, chemistry in 11th, and did fairly well in all of them as far as learning things went. As far as actual grades I was mediocre due to despising homework, but almost every single test I aced. Owing more to the teachers than anything else I enjoyed biology and chemistry the most since those teachers were fun whereas my physics teacher was essentially Fred Flintstone. I'm not joking, my physics teacher could easily pass as Fred. Coincidentally he also taught geology.

Let's see, I also had two years of multimedia, one year of graphics design, one and a half years of auto mechanics (I say half because I didn't learn or do a damn thing the last half year), one year of wood shop, two years of Japanese, a year and a half of judo, half a year of stage crew... And I'd need to look at my transcripts to see what other stuff I took besides the usual English, math, history, etc. I failed English a few terms because I have rather large problems doing essays when I don't give a damn about the subject or don't feel I know enough to write anything about.
    Brb. Coming over to your house to steal all your knowledge