Deleted
    Everytime I hear someone say rap isn't about anything but showing off your own swag, and can house no deeper meaning, I wish to slap the person and sit him down to listen to this.

Jesus christ.

EDIT: I know this music is good, but not so good that it kill threads. Is everyone lurking atm?
    Last edited by mmoce7ae13e85c; 2012-11-16 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Everytime I hear someone say rap isn't about anything but showing off your own swag, and can house no deeper meaning, I wish to slap the person and sit him down to listen to this.

Jesus christ.
    People be all dissin' the meanin' of rap 'n shit.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Jesus christ.
    Even though that's their opinion and they have a right to have one, it's based of ignorance.

I generally don't like rap, but not because "it's too shallow." Mostly it's because the style feels too aggressive and "up in your face," if you know what I mean.

Then again, I'm quite a mellow person.

Jesus christ.

EDIT: I know this music is good, but not so good that it kill threads. Is everyone lurking atm?
    I don't hate Rap. I hate specific rap songs. Some Rap artists are really, really good. Others are just idiots saying SWAG 50 times and getting sent to the top of the charts by their equally idiotic audience.

Deleted
    Rarrghrglrl I clicked it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    People be all dissin' the meanin' of rap 'n shit.
    Yo yo people should' stop dissin' and start blissin' ma' man!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    Even though that's their opinion and they have a right to have one, it's based of ignorance.

I generally don't like rap, but not because "it's too shallow." Mostly it's because the style feels too aggressive and "up in your face," if you know what I mean.

Then again, I'm quite a mellow person.
    I concur. That's exactly why I love rap. No music can be as melancholic and aggressive as rap.

I actually had a really good debate with my music teacher when I went to school, because I think rap is way more aggressive than metal, for an example (generally speaking). In a metal song, a guy might growl about how he killed a man and drank his blood but it's nowhere near some of the stuff you find in rap. It's so indifferent, something that's so close to the metal culture. We are indifferent, we're indifferent about our culture, other cultures and even ourselves, which leads to even more cultural things like Black Metals self-mutilation.

But rap is just anger. Pure, seaming anger, up in your face so you can taste the pain and blood. It makes me moist.

Also hai!

Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    Rarrghrglrl I clicked it.
    It must've been hypnotizing because this thread died after I posted it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    I don't hate Rap. I hate specific rap songs. Some Rap artists are really, really good. Others are just idiots saying SWAG 50 times and getting sent to the top of the charts by their equally idiotic audience.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    I still prefer this version to the coloured one. ^^
    Me too. Also, good to see you back in your usual creepy appearance, my good man.

Deleted
    It must've been hypnotizing because this thread died after I posted it.
    No, that's just because I haven't been posting!

Let me have this.

Deleted
    'tis beautiful.

Well still. Great art style.

I concur. That's exactly why I love rap. No music can be as melancholic and aggressive as rap.

I actually had a really good debate with my music teacher when I went to school, because I think rap is way more aggressive than metal, for an example (generally speaking). In a metal song, a guy might growl about how he killed a man and drank his blood but it's nowhere near some of the stuff you find in rap. It's so indifferent, something that's so close to the metal culture. We are indifferent, we're indifferent about our culture, other cultures and even ourselves, which leads to even more cultural things like Black Metals self-mutilation.

But rap is just anger. Pure, seaming anger, up in your face so you can taste the pain and blood. It makes me moist.

Also hai!
    Oh absolutely. Metal might be louder and have dark lyrics, but I fell rap kind of takes it to a whole new level. It's not the way they scream the text that makes a song aggressive.
    As you said, it's the anger. It's like they're directly shelling out towards whoever is listening to the song.

Deleted
    Well still. Great art style.

[video=youtube;53QXDyZKYlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QXDyZKYlc&feature=channel&list=UL[video]
    Luna is best pony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Luna is best pony.
    in this animation context i agree with you

Deleted
    Well that was quick.
    AskMolestia's back up.

Deleted
    Oh absolutely. Metal might be louder and have dark lyrics, but I fell rap kind of takes it to a whole new level. It's not the way they scream the text that makes a song aggressive.
    As you said, it's the anger. It's like they're directly shelling out towards whoever is listening to the song.
    Yeah, it's directed towards you. My music teacher (again) actually blew my mind with that once. He showed us an old 50's love song, and then a Wu-Tang Clan song, and then asked us "What's the connection?".

They are both directed towards the listener, directly. In rap it's "I hate you, you're fucking with my style. But my style is cold like a hookers ass in december etc. etc." while an old jazz love song is "I love you, you're love is what keeps me alive. Without you my moon is dark etc etc"

It blew my mind. Music nerds hoo!

Deleted
    Does anyone, by any chance, have the mp3 of Children of the Night?

Does anyone, by any chance, have the mp3 of Children of the Night?
    Yup.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5i46nv6sx4tvnw5
    From the video with the cover version used

Deleted
    [video=youtube;MKlsUrfbiE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKlsUrfbiE0[video]
    Sweet.
    You're awesome, Thorawr.
    +69 Seely points. [color=#efeedc]You know what that means.
    Edit:
    NOPEDY FUCKING HOPE.
    DL'd it, opened it in WMP and there's a fucking Weeping Angel.

Yeah, it's directed towards you. My music teacher (again) actually blew my mind with that once. He showed us an old 50's love song, and then a Wu-Tang Clan song, and then asked us "What's the connection?".

They are both directed towards the listener, directly. In rap it's "I hate you, you're fucking with my style. But my style is cold like a hookers ass in december etc. etc." while an old jazz love song is "I love you, you're love is what keeps me alive. Without you my moon is dark etc etc"

It blew my mind. Music nerds hoo!
    Well, your teacher seems awesome.

Hello by the way.
    Your hand is fine, I hope?

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:42 PM ----------

Sweet.
    You're awesome, Thorawr.
    +69 Seely points.
    Edit:
    NOPEDY FUCKING HOPE.
    DL'd it, opened it in WMP and there's a fucking Weeping Angel.
    Don't blame me, I didn't upload it D: