The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

1.05 - Core ''The chance for Legendary and set items to drop has been doubled''

All though it is actually part of 1.05 and is actually one of the new notes from today I believe it deserves a thread about It and only about it this was recently announced on the PTR

The chance for Legendary and set items to drop has been doubled
    Any thoughts?

Mine are simple: MORE MONEY ON MA LAPPPP

k back to afk
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-09-28 at 03:50 AM.

Actually it won't be more money, this change combined with the addition of MP, and it's associated MF buff, the market will be saturated quite fast.

With less than 6 hours played on PTR I had 7 legendary items...before this buff, just sayin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alyssa View Post
    actually it won't be more money, this change combined with the addition of mp, and it's associated mf buff, the market will be saturated quite fast.

With less than 6 hours played on ptr i had 7 legendary items...just sayin'
    Do not crush my dreams Alyssa ._. I need more money

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    All though it is actually part of 1.05 and is actually one of the new notes from today I believe it deserves a thread about It and only about it this was recently announced on the PTR

Any thoughts?

Mine are simple: MORE MONEY ON MA LAPPPP

k back to afk
    So, what made you think you had to make a thread about this change? Because I expected a deep discussion about the cons and pros and I end up looking at 2 "lines" of text that say nothing, mean nothing and basically add nothing to any conversation, let alone start one.

While I'm typing this, I'm looking at your post count and your join date and I immediately know how you got that number. You could have done better than this. The change has a pretty big impact on the AH and the game as a whole. A pity. Someone with more to say should have made a thread. Not you.

Mod warning: Stay on topic
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-28 at 03:11 PM.

still not even close to diablo 2' item system
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    still not even close to diablo 2' item system
    Well that's not going to happen till an expansion anyway. Regardless of that I think this another step in the right direction. Saturation of the AH with high level legendaries and set items isn't a bad thing really. Especially considering the totally insane prices at the moment. Highly available uniques was never a problem in D2, so I don't see why it would be in D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    So, what made you think you had to make a thread about this change? Because I expected a deep discussion about the cons and pros and I end up looking at 2 "lines" of text that say nothing, mean nothing and basically add nothing to any conversation, let alone start one.

While I'm typing this, I'm looking at your post count and your join date and I immediately know how you got that number. You could have done better than this. The change has a pretty big impact on the AH and the game as a whole. A pity. Someone with more to say should have made a thread. Not you.
    woah, people can't be excited about a positive change anymore? a bit harsh

on topic: not entirely sure yet if this is all fun and games, we'll have to see how this impacts the AH.

Deleted
    To be honest, I thought the purpose of legendaries was being...legendary.

I understand that sometimes you stay several days without seeing one, but it's all about rng. The more you play, the more chances you should have to get it, which makes sense to me. I mean, wouldn't you rather see a legendary drop for a person who plays 7 days a week rather than a person that plays 2 days a week?
    I don't see the point on doubling the drop rate. I know that might look good for more casual players like me, but for the hardcore players who farm through act 3 w/o blinking, means more items dropping, more items in the market, prices going down. Especially with the future MP.

Of course we're still talking about a very small drop rate, but several people are reporting serious numbers. On the other hand, just like we went from blues to rares (beggining of d3), and from rares to legendaries, it only makes sense that the average gear goes up. Maybe that's blizzard intent?

Not sure this will make much of a difference. 0.00000001% chance to 0.00000002% chance. Yay...

Even if it did, the problem is with the system. While a noticeable increase in legendary drops would be welcome, it doesn't fix the real problem. The fact is that there is too much RNG in loot. If you play for an weekend and get 1000legendaries, you're not going to feel good about your experience if 999 of them are garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post

Mod warning: Stay on topic
    Agree with poster in this case. Not every single little thing needs its own topic. Especially when you bring nothing to the discussion up front. This is a forum, not Twitter.

What part of this doesn't belong in the 1.05 thread he himself started?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha and I question why I continue to be on this board, I made a new thread on it simply because it is a game absolutely game changing mechanic towards D3 more then any other change via 1.05.

1.04 didn't fix that carrot-on-a-stick drive to look for items, and the excitement of finding one. It got close, but I think this change hits the nail on the head.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can close this one here and keep discussion in the main thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...PTR-Discussion