Thread: Feral Dps at 90

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Feral DPS is definitely one of the strongest, if not the strongest, single target DPS spec for the time being (in a raid environment).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Feral DPS is definitely one of the strongest, if not the strongest, single target DPS spec for the time being (in a raid environment).
    I'm happy that you are doing so great now kitty cats! too bad I had to swap to balance for the sake of our raidsetup, and it seems like balance is doing really bad atm :[

A quick look at World of Logs shows Frost DKs, Rogues and Mages doing 50% more DPS than Feral on 2 of the first 3 bosses. Feral does about average damage on Feng which is a Patchwerk fight. It looks like Feral DPS was balanced around Patchwerk fights which typically account for about 10% of bosses. The Patchwerk Boss happened to be the 2nd Boss in this expansion but that does not bode well for the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Get yourself a spell power weapon and enjoy it as long as it lasts.
    Yeah just found that out after analyzing some world of logs....kinda of ridiculous if you ask me...went to a test dummy and nearly shit my self when i hit a 375k wrath crit. This will do wonders on Elegon.

How long do you think this HOTW will last? a Month? Just curious what peoples thoughts are seeing as a DPS increase would mean rolling on a Spell power weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhabu View Post
    How long do you think this HOTW will last? a Month? Just curious what peoples thoughts are seeing as a DPS increase would mean rolling on a Spell power weapon.
    If you watch the logs closely not everyone on the top is using HotW I bet when they fix it when the see my 270k burst in the start of Stone Guards thanks to hurricane around 8-9 milijon damage from that wonderful thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    A quick look at World of Logs shows Frost DKs, Rogues and Mages doing 50% more DPS than Feral on 2 of the first 3 bosses. Feral does about average damage on Feng which is a Patchwerk fight. It looks like Feral DPS was balanced around Patchwerk fights which typically account for about 10% of bosses. The Patchwerk Boss happened to be the 2nd Boss in this expansion but that does not bode well for the rest of the expansion.
    About average on Feng? The top feral parse on 10m normal Feng is 2.2k DPS above any other class. A 3.25% DPS difference between feral and any other DPS class is sure as hell not "average".
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-10-04 at 08:20 PM.

Also, except for tiny tiny sections of spirit kings and elegon, fights 2-5 of MV are almost entirely single target.

You both are being premature here. This is only the first week and it isn't even finished yet. We won't start getting real results for another few weeks. Right now RNG luck with gear could be just as much to do with rankings as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinderhoof View Post
    You both are being premature here. This is only the first week and it isn't even finished yet. We won't start getting real results for another few weeks. Right now RNG luck with gear could be just as much to do with rankings as anything else.
    While you're right to a degree, I really don't think you can "RNG" your way from middle of the pack to top of the pack by such a big margin. We won't know much in the way of specifics for at least a lockout or two, but to say that there's nothing to derive from the information we already have would be silly.

Numbers from 25 mans are not producing the same results as 10's. We are high in the pack but by no means leading it. My mention of RNG was refering to gear only. Those of us who have been lucky in the first few days will do much better then classes who have been boned in heroics. IE, the mage sporting the blue helm with no meta gem can still rank, but wont' do very well vs the the guy who has already gotten 2p off of Sha of Fear. When folks have actually gotten some gear and learned the fights we will have a better picture of who can do what.

Our druid on elegon was doing 120kish dps bleeds are so op with dream of cen or w/e

About average on Feng? The top feral parse on 10m normal Feng is 2.2k DPS above any other class. A 3.25% DPS difference between feral and any other DPS class is sure as hell not "average".
    Yes the #1 parse is quite high. Compare it across #30, #40, #50, #60. There is one boss where a Ret Pally is top but they certainly aren't doing well either. When Raidbot is updated it will show Feral tied with a few other specs on Feng and 50% behind on the 1st and 3rd boss. There is not enough data for the later bosses at this time but there may be by the time Raidbot is updated.

I don't think that the feral community is actually informed enough for RaidBot to be an accurate assessment of the spec's potential, especially considering its non-simplicity. As you hinted at, the spread between some of the top feral parses and where most are is ginormous, moreso than probably any class.

I don't think that the feral community is actually informed enough for RaidBot to be an accurate assessment of the spec's potential, especially considering its non-simplicity. As you hinted at, the spread between some of the top feral parses and where most are is ginormous, moreso than probably any class.

I'm not sure I would agree with not informed enough, since the default is top 100 average that will eventually reflect the specs potential. I do agree it is too early. There is not enough data yet and players are still honing their skills. I was just trying to point out that the data we have so far does not indicate Feral is going to be Top tier DPS spec when averaged over all bosses. However I do think you can say Feral is much better than it was in Cataclysm, although in my opinion that s not saying very much. To compare to WotLK since our rotation is very similar, Kitties were typically top DPS on a tank and spec, poor on cleave fights and average to slightly above average on movement heavy fights, depending on the exact mechanics. Overall this left us slightly above average depending on which instance you are talking. There were some other factors at work too. Gear itemization was not great for Feral in Ulduar and Coliseum. But Feral was strong in Ulduar because we had just been buffed. Feral was having substantial scaling issues but there were 3 things that gave Feral a huge boost in Icecrown. A gigantic set bonus on T10, Armor Pen passed the tipping point where you wanted to stack as much as you could get and was a very favorable stat to Feral, and the gear was perfectly itemized for Feral. Blizzard massively buffed Rogues going into Icecrown where they did not need to itemize the gear to favor Rogues over Feral anymore. This is still an issue we are dealing with today. Even though Blizzard has overhauled Rogues and Kitties twice since WotLK we are still designed to favor different secondary stats. It is better in MoP now that Expertise and Hit are no longer terrible for Feral however it is still why you are seeing so much haste on everything. The secondary stats Blizzard puts on the gear is a big factor on how a spec ends up performing, considering how much better Rogues did than Feral in Cataclysm it is hard to understand why Blizzard constantly favored Rogues on itemization.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2012-10-07 at 07:01 PM.

What do you mean by Top Tier? As in, after all dps is averaged (or normalized and averaged), does top tier mean the top 5 specs? top 3 specs? top spec?

Inaccuracies of anecdotal evidence aside, I'm in a top raiding guild whose members consistently have very high dps and there are a handful of us who hit #1 parses in WoL on a regular basis. On every fight from Feng to Elegon, my feral was straight up 5-10k above the second highest player in the raid (discounting tanks). I sucked horribly on Will of the Emperors since I didn't raid on beta and we 2-shot the fight so didn't have time to learn the dance well, and I tanked stone guards so no relevant data there, but there should be no reason we're behind anyone on Will. We wouldn't compare well against mages or rogues on stone guards but then those classes aren't top tier in most other fights, so ... what's our competition for top tier dps?

Tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    What do you mean by Top Tier? As in, after all dps is averaged (or normalized and averaged), does top tier mean the top 5 specs? top 3 specs? top spec?

Inaccuracies of anecdotal evidence aside, I'm in a top raiding guild whose members consistently have very high dps and there are a handful of us who hit #1 parses in WoL on a regular basis. On every fight from Feng to Elegon, my feral was straight up 5-10k above the second highest player in the raid (discounting tanks). I sucked horribly on Will of the Emperors since I didn't raid on beta and we 2-shot the fight so didn't have time to learn the dance well, and I tanked stone guards so no relevant data there, but there should be no reason we're behind anyone on Will. We wouldn't compare well against mages or rogues on stone guards but then those classes aren't top tier in most other fights, so ... what's our competition for top tier dps?

Tanks?
    The defaults on Raidbot are an average of Top 100 parses averaged across the current tier. These both seem like very logical choices. It appears Mages, Frost DKs and Rogues are quite high right now, 25k higher on Stone Guardians. However it is too soon to say because their aren't enough parses yet, the data available now may be misleading.

There is now enough data for 10man Normal to show up on Raidbot.

Feral

Stone Guard - 19th
    Feng - 6th
    Spirit Kings - 9th
    Garajal - 7th
    Elegob - 12th
    Will of the Emperor - 13th

Average - 11th
    Classes in game - 11

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    There is now enough data for 10man Normal to show up on Raidbot.

Feral

Stone Guard - 19th
    Feng - 6th
    Spirit Kings - 9th
    Garajal - 7th
    Elegob - 12th
    Will of the Emperor - 13th

Average - 11th
    Classes in game - 11
    I don't think normal modes are indicative of actual class power. For example, I've topped the charts on both our heroic Feng & Garajal kills with some of the crappiest gear in the raid (bad luck is bad. 87k on Garajal with ilvl 474). I'm literally outdamaging players with gear 10 ilvls above me.

Edit: Definitely not indicative. There just isn't a statistically significant sample size of feral druids yet. Top average parsing dps for elegon is 104k for ferals? That's not even close to potential, not when there are ferals doing 170k.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2012-10-12 at 06:23 PM.

The numbers are skewed due to WoL's not seperating Normal and Heroic raids. You can also see that some fights do not even have 200 ferals listed having completed the fight. It will take at least a month of heroic raids (IE 3 more weeks) and WoL's to fix their issues before Raidbots will have any real information.

Deleted
    ill be top on dmg until next week!