15+ Year Old Account

Spec-dependend quest rewards

Hi guys, I have a question:

given the fact that I'm leveling as dps, but want to tank later on, it is a bit meh that I only get quest rewards. so I plan for the last two levels / areas, that I do the following:

- accept quest as dps
    - do quest as dps
    - respec to prot, turn quest in, get prot reward.

will this work?
    or do I also need to accept the quest as prot to be able to get the prot rewards?

Deleted
    yea wondering the same

It's whatever spec you are when you go to turn it in. I did quests as Ret, but specced over to Holy for the turn in for Holy gear.
    Last edited by JonBoy2001; 2012-09-24 at 05:06 PM. Reason: confusing grammar is grammer.
    Moo.

Deleted
    Honestly? Screw skilling DPS in the first place. Considering how OP Prot is while lvl'ing since 5.0 came out (I lvl'ed a Prot Warrior myself after 5.0) you won't be behind fury. Especially when Fury lacks high crit values due to the usual decrease in Crit % while lvling. Vengeance is such a strong Talent that you will 2-3 shot everything with a Prot while still laughing about any dmg dealt to you. Just stick with Prot, works 100% fine while lvling through cata and should work with MoP aswell. You won't even be slower.

Deleted
    It'll work, but don't forget that there are vendors around selling gear for the other specs. It'll be a few ilvls lower than what you get from the quests, but it's an alternative..

15+ Year Old Account
    Now with close to lvl 89 (I'm working, so I only have the evenings^^) I can say: most quests, at least the important ones with blue rewards, give you to choose between tank and dps gear - at least for me as a warrior. seems it turns out to be just as it should be. loot for all your class specs, not just the one that is currently active.

I like it. I really do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did Mogu-shan Palace the other day as a prot paladin. The quest reward was prot bracers. I forgot to turn the quest in before leaving group and shrugged it off, knowning I'd do the same dungeon again later. However, I didn't feel like queuing so I went off and quested as Ret. Eventually, I queued as ret and went as ret. This time it showed Ret bracers as a reward. I didn't want Ret bracers. I respecced, turned the quest in, and got prot bracers as a result.

Long story short, the reward is based on the spec you have active when you turn the quest in.

However, once past Jade Forest, this becomes a non-issue as most quests give 2-3 items, one for each spec.
    Putin khuliyo