Thread: PvP in MoP

Deleted

PvP in MoP

Hi guys,

first, i want to apologize for my bad english, its not my native language.

I read everything about MoP PvP what i could find, but i couldnt find some answers to:

1) Are the actions we take in PvP nearly as dull as in Cata ? I mean, i could play _horrible_ in Cata, and still get decent results. And in other situations,
    i played perfectly, and still died. The small things doesnt matter anymore. Is it like that ?

2) To clarify: Is the better player _always_ on top (not talking about top ratings) ? Are there differences between 1900 players and 2300 ?

3) Does our actions reflect the invested time/risk we take, or is it like cata (i.e. least afford, biggest reward, easiest to handle) ?

4) Is it possible to play "different" ? Or is "burst" _always_ the better option ?

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 04:38 PM ----------

Not even 1 post? Oo

with 200 views? Oo

Is there not even 1 player with knowledge about these MAJOR things ????!?!?? How could this happen?
    If you people cant answer these, what else is valuable enough to answer in regard of MoP PvP !?!?!?!? Isnt PvP in general about "better than my opponent" ?!?!?!?
    If these things are vanishing, or somewhat in question, WHAT THE FUCK _should_ be answered in MoP PvP ?!!?!?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Seriously, wtf about the posting system :X
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2012-09-28 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    I think you're asking too much in a single and simple topic. Just ask only a couple of questions and you will get a response and don't flip out over people not posting, it will just deter people.

1) It's very hard to say since arena hasn't even started but what is apparent is the absolutely insane amount of CC available to any class, particularly ranged. Every class has a stun, a silence, etc. Playing a feral druid against a priest or a lock is one of the most frustrating experiences ever possible. Another point, almost every form of caster CC is now instant, instant fears, instant stuns, you can avoid this shit or limit the amount of CC on you. Classes like palas and warriors now all have shockwave or a hand of justice(30 sec cooldown, 6 sec stun) even though they are talented. DR is not compensating for it, it' still the same as before but CC uptime has probably doubled or tripled since Cata. Imagine most classes having as much CC as rogues. Burst cooldowns without a dispeller or CC immunity + trinket aren't really worth it if the player is focused on you.

2) Better player? No. Better class? Yes. The game is entirely built around CC now, expect to find yourself stuck in CC for the vast majority of the time against classes like locks. Some players will edge out the average but it's mostly about class now. As a feral, I can tear mages apart but against a lock? Just run away.

3) Again hard to say since new season hasn't started but it looks about the same as Cata since it appears to have the same progression model.

4) Looks like burst at the moment while CC is on the target or healer, most classes have good self heals, good defensive cooldowns and healers like Mistweavers are god mode.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2012-09-28 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    I just wanted a first impression of the exp, i dont play anymore because of the mentioned points, if they doesnt "fix these issues",
    then i have no idea why anyone still plays pvp in this game.

I watched tons of wargames, sometimes even rank1 players, but the insight is simply not enough to judge if playin again is worth it. The Balance between the classes is always, öhhhm, semi professional, but i dont mind, as long as the modell of PvP stays "good", than its fine for me. Sadly Cata is a worthless pile of shit compared to the other exp.

To be precisely, in BC and WOTLK you had tons of things to do, with every class, if you were good, you could potentially win against 5 people, easily (lesser skilled ofc). And dont let me start about the meta-game in Arena, the impact from your play was HUGE. You could always improve, at any given moment (search for perfect arena game by hydra at ATR - prime example of _perfect play_).

And than we have Cata, everyone could easily archieve 80% of the class potential in some weeks. Every idiot can maintain 70 - 80% of the potentialy dmg output of said class, best example is frostmage, the skill cap were soooo lowered from wotlk to cata, its disgusting as fuck. There arent any difference between 2000 players and 2300 players anymore(i did archieve 2300 with my dpriest (couple of weeks of play), at one day, with strangers - there were new to their classes).

But anyway, at least healers seems buffed.

Thanks