Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone wanna bet this "urgent realm maintenance" is...

...to nerf the mining node spawn rates?

I know right, it's absurd on how many nodes there are up at a single time. I've had to force myself not to farm just so I could get dailies finished

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it was bad. It took me so long to level from 85-86 because I kept getting spawn nodes. It is really bad when you get to 600 mining before even getting to 86.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

they do this for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    and its not just mining nodes. its all gather-ables they also let the zones current population influence the spawn rate so the first day in jade forest was a free for all. No one wants to be fighting over resources and one rich person buying everything that appears and re-posting for a huge markup because the AH is barren, lots of items flowing its good at the begining...we have cloth and ghost iron below the elementium and embersilk costs from a week ago hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont say that, I got 2 miners to level.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just waiting for this to happen. I did stock up a little on ore though (one bank tab of ore).

It's not 'urgent maintenance', it's 'minor maintenance'.

/tinfoilhat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    It's not 'urgent maintenance', it's 'minor maintenance'.

/tinfoilhat
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We will be performing urgent maintenance on all realms to resolve a technical issue Friday, September 28th. Maintenance will begin at 10:00 AM and conclude at approximately 12:00 PM PDT.

i bet its CRZ related.

I really think they did the spawn rates on purpose as a way to fight gold farmers. Pretty much all the crafting materials now are based on CDs or BOP motes.

But yeah. I had maxed herbalism in JF. If you go to areas that don´t have heavy quest mobs (NE corner of Jade Forest for instance).. you can have 5 nodes on your minimap at the same time because very few players go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I really think they did the spawn rates on purpose as a way to fight gold farmers. Pretty much all the crafting materials now are based on CDs or BOP motes.

But yeah. I had maxed herbalism in JF. If you go to areas that don´t have heavy quest mobs (NE corner of Jade Forest for instance).. you can have 5 nodes on your minimap at the same time because very few players go there.
    gold prices went up the past week. botting is an inefficient form of 'gold farming'

the big time companies take careless people's shit and resell it before they know they were hacked.

welp last night i had just hit 89 and was questing when i stumbled upon the mother of all farming areas.. almost zero foot traffic and about 15-20 nodes up at all times, instantly spawning another every time one is looted.. soooo i put questing on hold and got down to mining.. fast forward to this morning, and i had about 10,000 ghost iron ore, along with about 800 total black and white trillium ore, and managed to ding 90 just from gathering.

to be honest, if they're not nerfing the spawn rate now, i'll be back there farming again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    welp last night i had just hit 89 and was questing when i stumbled upon the mother of all farming areas.. almost zero foot traffic and about 15-20 nodes up at all times, instantly spawning another every time one is looted.. soooo i put questing on hold and got down to mining.. fast forward to this morning, and i had about 10,000 ghost iron ore, along with about 800 total black and white trillium ore, and managed to ding 90 just from gathering.

to be honest, if they're not nerfing the spawn rate now, i'll be back there farming again soon.

Care to share the spot?

Ooooh? Do share On topic it may have something to do with the battle.net problems they were having yesterday. Possibly any major fixes they need to push before the heavy weekend traffic hits.

That's fine, I can fly around and farm now XD

I figured it was to make sure everything was right for the incoming onslaught of gamers for MOP's opening weekend.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account

Crap.... It's already hilarious how religiously wrong my choices are every new expansion. What ever I do first, the other professions have the free rides.... lol
    Of course, neither my Miner, nor my Herbalist have started leveling yet. Decided to start the trickier profs with Enchanting/Leatherworking first.

But to add to the topic. Skinning isn't any different either.
    My skinner started yesterday, and the amount of stuff I got, despite having competition, just from free skins, amazing. Never got that much leather in such short of time before. Sometimes it didn't make sense at all. Like, since when do insects give leather. The ones in Jade Forest, where you have to get 30 bug legs.. Tons of those bitches dead on the ground, all waiting to get skinned.
    Plus I noticed a large amount of Intestine procs too. Some nice junk of extra gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    That would be all server-side, though - they could do that with a hot-fix.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    That would be all server-side, though - they could do that with a hot-fix.
    Your post doesn't make sense. A good majority of things are server-side. Just because something is server-side doesn't mean it doesn't require a restart to fix it. I don't know what is is, but a 2 HOUR maintenance isn't something "minor" to fix. Things like node spawns, loot drops etc would be fixed with rolling restarts.

Hell, they could bring swapping some servers around to fix the intermittent lag spikes, etc.

Ya after grinding my monk to 90 it was back to leveling mining and herring on him. Between an amazing heroic group that just kept que'n and also the ah being empty of smelting mats took me a whole day to get to MoP and than the fun began! Got Jack of All trades last night (5 maxed professions) and I may get 2 more today when I get off work.