View Poll Results: The most badass race if they actually existed?

Voters
685. This poll is closed
  • Orc

125 18.25%
  • Tauren

51 7.45%
  • Dwarf

49 7.15%
  • Blood elf

38 5.55%
  • Worgen

74 10.80%
  • Troll

49 7.15%
  • Goblin

17 2.48%
  • Draenei

32 4.67%
  • Undead

124 18.10%
  • Gnome

34 4.96%
  • Night elf

33 4.82%
  • Pandaren

59 8.61%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Orcs. Forsaken ain't badass, they are plague-sniffing goths, Orcs know how to get the shit going and how to brutally lead a killer war. But seriously, who wouldn't be piss scared of these big guys if they made it into the real world? It's like trying to wrestle with Hulk, except that these guys aren't quite as OP.

^ southshore, wrathgate, western plaguelands, gilneas will all like a word with you.

Forsaken.

Are you kidding me?

1 vote for the Draenei.

ONE!!!

They're huge and would easily overpower all with physical strength except maybe the Tauren. Plus they have chin testicles...hello!

Deleted
    Pandas that actually use their potential as a big-ass bears? I would want to stay away from that.

Undead are winning probably only because of the teenagers who want everything to be "dark". Undead, badass? Even I could knock them over or break their limbs, that's not a good receipt for a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Are you kidding me?

1 vote for the Draenei.

ONE!!!

They're huge and would easily overpower all with physical strength except maybe the Tauren. Plus they have chin testicles...hello!
    Should any Draenei ever appear in real world, you can be sure that they would spend rest of their life in Area 52 (because we all know that Area 51 is just a red herring).

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Undead are winning probably only because of the teenagers who want everything to be "dark". Undead, badass? Even I could knock them over or break their limbs, that's not a good receipt for a badass.
    Plenty of them show strength that rivals other races.

Pandas that actually use their potential as a big-ass bears?
    But pandas are lazy and hardly do much aside from eating.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

...so, uh...why aren't humans included?

I mean, if you're including dead humans who spend most of their time writing angsty poems, I don't really understand the decision.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    But pandas are lazy and hardly do much aside from eating.
    That's why I said "that actually use their potential". If a panda bear actually started hitting people, it'd end up badly. A panda which is NOT lazy and frankly stupid is a recipe for a disaster - for its victim.

15+ Year Old Account
    A gnome. Everything about them just screams "bad ass!"

That's why I said "that actually use their potential". If a panda bear actually started hitting people, it'd end up badly. A panda which is NOT lazy and frankly stupid is a recipe for a disaster - for its victim.
    But they never do, they are more afraid of people and prefer to run away unless you corner it and like a dumb fuck poke it constantly, even then its rare. All pandas are lazy my good man, harsh but true.

Human. Some notable examples are John J. Keeshan, Lothar, Uther, Tirion, Varien, Crowley, Taylor, Trollbane, and Shaw. You just can't out badass humans. Without humans on the poll, you are just voting for 2nd best. FOR THE ALLIANCE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins, as long as all the males are systematically killed and the females learn to reproduce without them.

Otherwise Forsaken, but I voted Goblin anyway.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    Goblins, as long as all the males are systematically killed and the females learn to reproduce without them.
    A lesbian race, just what wow needs!

Blood elves of course. Without a doubt. There is just no competition. A race of people that live for thousands of years, continuously learning, practising, experimenting and mastering various forms of martial skills, while not self-censoring their practises like their night elf brethren.

You can say all the gay jokes you want about their appearance, but a single blood elf warrior, with his thousands-of-years experience in fighting can take out swarms of warriors of the other races, except the night elves, without much hassle, gameplay nerfing and misplaced Blizzard-humor aside. And warriors are not even the blood elves' most proficient fighters. Rangers and mages are where they truely shine. And where everyone else scatters in terror.

History-wise, they are the one racial faction that has been through as close to Hell as you can get on Azeroth, and they have survived up to now just on their will and only. You do not get a better definition of hard-as-nails than that.

And they do all that while looking as nice as is azerothianly possible!
    Last edited by Drithien; 2012-09-28 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    A lesbian race, just what wow needs!
    That would just increase their bad-ass level. I mean c'mon, lesbian chicks who dance like Beyonce and shoot rockets at everything that opposes them, creates race-cars and various explosive devices.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't go more badass than UDs if you tried!

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Deleted
    Night Elves all the way! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Blood elves of course. Without a doubt. There is just no competition. A race of people that live for thousands of years, continuously learning, practising, experimenting and mastering various forms of martial skills, while not self-censoring their practises like their night elf brethren.

You can say all the gay jokes you want about their appearance, but a single blood elf warrior, with his thousands-of-years experience in fighting can take out swarms of warriors of the other races, except the night elves, without much hassle, gameplay nerfing and misplaced Blizzard-humor aside. And warriors are not even the blood elves' most proficient fighters. Rangers and mages are where they truely shine. And where everyone else scatters in terror.

History-wise, they are the one racial faction that has been through as close to Hell as you can get on Azeroth, and they have survived up to now just on their will and only. You do not get a better definition of hard-as-nails than that.

And they do all that while looking as nice as is azerothianly possible!
    Yeah, they sure are really great at everything. That's why they needed the help of the primitive humans to defend themselves from Trolls, and also why Arthas plowed through them like a hot knife through elf.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Yeah, they sure are really great at everything. That's why they needed the help of the primitive humans to defend themselves from Trolls
    Didn't the trolls vastly outnumber the elves?

and also why Arthas plowed through them like a hot knife through elf.
    Good heavens sir, I'm glad the human kingdom of Lordaeron survive and beat those nasty undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Yeah, they sure are really great at everything. That's why they needed the help of the primitive humans to defend themselves from Trolls, and also why Arthas plowed through them like a hot knife through elf.
    As Frioz said, the trolls were a tiny bit much more than the elves. And the Scourge was even bigger. What is more, being outnumbered ten to one and beating the trolls, to go on and establish your kingdom, is not exactly a loss.

Also pretty much nobody ever beat the Scourge. Even the combined assault of the Alliance and the Horde on Northrend would have been for naught, was it not for Arthas holding back the Scourge himself. Why was it expected for the high elves to defeat the Scourge on their own? And those elves were high elves as well, not blood elves.

Also number two, it does not make for a good answer if you ignore the points put forward. A human gets to live for a few decades while an elf gets to live for a few millenia. There is just no way you can get over that. And they don't have the self-imposed restrictions the night elves have set for themselves. You can't get past that either.

Also number three, it's neither the blood elves' fault nor mine, if some of Blizzard's writing is, for a lack of a better/more polite description, so bad, that they destroy the concepts they themselves have set up. I go by the characteristics the blood elves have been given.

Finally, badass characters are not defined just from the victories, but their resilience as well. And blood elves have had to withstand immense hardships like no other race for almost as long as they exist. At least the draenei suffered one genocide. They have survived two, and a split in inner-racial factions.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2012-09-28 at 10:35 PM.