View Poll Results: The most badass race if they actually existed?

Voters
685. This poll is closed
  • Orc

125 18.25%
  • Tauren

51 7.45%
  • Dwarf

49 7.15%
  • Blood elf

38 5.55%
  • Worgen

74 10.80%
  • Troll

49 7.15%
  • Goblin

17 2.48%
  • Draenei

32 4.67%
  • Undead

124 18.10%
  • Gnome

34 4.96%
  • Night elf

33 4.82%
  • Pandaren

59 8.61%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Undead? really?

Never considered my UD a badass >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    Didn't the trolls vastly outnumber the elves?
    I didn't figure that would matter when they're so obviously superior in every conceivable facet.

Good heavens sir, I'm glad the human kingdom of Lordaeron survive and beat those nasty undead.
    Well, I never claimed the obvious superiority of the human race over all others with absolute certainty, did I?

Though, if we really want to get into it, human heroes have fared better against the Scourge than all others.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    As Frioz said, the trolls were a tiny bit much more than the elves. And the Scourge was even bigger. What is more, being outnumbered ten to one and beating the trolls, to go on and establish your kingdom, is not exactly a loss.
    Riiight, but I thought a single Blood Elf warrior could take on swarms of other warriors? What is a swarm, exactly? It sure sounds like a lot.

Also pretty much nobody ever beat the Scourge. Even the combined assault of the Alliance and the Horde on Northrend would have been for naught, was it not for Arthas holding back the Scourge himself. Why was it expected for the high elves to defeat the Scourge on their own? And those elves were high elves as well, not blood elves.
    Expected? I never expected anything - then again, I don't hold them as some be-all end-all super race. That being said, I've always been pretty vocal that taunting Arthas at the gates probably wasn't the best idea.

Also, arguing semantics is kind of pointless, don't you think?

Also number two, it does not make for a good answer if you ignore the points put forward. A human gets to live for a few decades while an elf gets to live for a few millenia. There is just no way you can get over that. And they don't have the self-imposed restrictions the night elves have set for themselves. You can't get past that either.
    And there's just no way you can get over the fact that other races still beat Blood Elves.

Also number three, it's neither the blood elves' fault nor mine, if some of Blizzard's writing is, for a lack of a better/more polite description, so bad, that they destroy the concepts they themselves have set up. I go by the characteristics the blood elves have been given.
    What concepts would those be?

Finally, badass characters are not defined just from the victories, but their resilience as well. And blood elves have had to withstand immense hardships like no other race for almost as long as they exist. At least the draenei suffered one genocide. They have survived two, and a split in inner-racial factions.
    And what genocides would those be, exactly?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves, Tauren & Pandaren
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

History-wise, they are the one racial faction that has been through as close to Hell as you can get on Azeroth, and they have survived up to now just on their will and only. You do not get a better definition of hard-as-nails than that.
    You are greatly exaggerating here, while blood/high elves did remarkable things but they are not the most badass race out there, if we take all races on Azeroth into account, then Dragons would win, but they are not in the poll.

id have to say Forsaken because they do what they please and dont give a damn. Thats pretty awesome. The orcs were a close second for me just because of RAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Yeah, they sure are really great at everything. That's why they needed the help of the primitive humans to defend themselves from Trolls, and also why Arthas plowed through them like a hot knife through elf.
    They did beat the trolls the first time alone and without the elves diverting the trolls attention the human kingdom would have been overwhelmed very quickly, they had after all only warriors to protect themselves. The only reason Arthas was able to plow through the elves was because he knew how to bypass their defences, if it hadn't been for Dar'khan the entire scourge assault might have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    If it existed in reality, then obviously the Worgen as they're werewolves but with much greater degree of control over their affliction, and, oh yeah, they're werewolves.
    Worgen really are beasts,but just think of the fleas, how can they cope with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A horde hero, alliance heroes are very human-like (one of them humans themselves), I picked Forsaken but I find orcs/trolls/taurens are good too
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    This poll is REALLY hard to answer, for numerous reasons. I chose Undead, mainly because it's pretty much necromancy...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    worgens are 50% of time humans, actually if they worgens lost to control themselves they would been more badass, now they are tamed "pets"
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    worgens are 50% of time humans, actually if they worgens lost to control themselves they would been more badass, now they are tamed "pets"
    How is that skinny wolfman going to stop an 8 feet talk, mountain of muscle Draenei warrior?

Some of these choices if these creatures were IRL are baffling.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken > Orcs > Tauren > Trolls > Night Elves > Worgen

Anything after that doesn't have potential to be "badass"
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    id have to say Forsaken because they do what they please and dont give a damn.
    dont you mean what Sylvanas wants, since she mind controls them
    yeah, not having free will is kinda not all that badass imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead, closely followed by orcs
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Forsaken > Orcs > Tauren > Trolls > Night Elves > Worgen

Anything after that doesn't have potential to be "badass"
    Muradin Bronzebeard would like to have a word with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    How is that skinny wolfman going to stop an 8 feet talk, mountain of muscle Draenei warrior?

Some of these choices if these creatures were IRL are baffling.
    Easily, Draenei are expert chickens who spent all their lives running away, even a goblin will put a better fight
    Thrall

Deleted
    But they never do, they are more afraid of people and prefer to run away unless you corner it and like a dumb fuck poke it constantly, even then its rare. All pandas are lazy my good man, harsh but true.
    Read again what I said: WHAT IF THEY WEREN'T. It's one of the biggest bears on the planet, if it was NOT lazy and used its mass and claws (like Pandaren actually do) it would be really dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is more badass than a race that lives for war and has been in every possible one ever (aka Orc) seriously...

Also...wish i could choose mantid, best race in WoW :P
    Last edited by Shampro; 2012-09-29 at 10:23 AM.