View Poll Results: Is MoP worth coming back for?

Voters
203. This poll is closed
  • Yes

139 68.47%
  • No

64 31.53%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is MoP worth coming back for?

I quit WoW right about the time DS came out because I just couldn't get into it anymore.. When GW2 came out, I pretty much thought I'd just do away with WoW forever, and even though I still LOVE GW2, I keep thinking MoP might be really cool. So I'm just wondering, is it worth buying and coming back for? or should I just stay away.

Deleted
    If you like pandas and pokemon and farmville yes, if no, I suggest GW2 is far more awesome than MoP

Its not really worth it if you like the usual wow grind that comes with every expansion - lvl to cap, run normals, run heroics, get gear, run raids > grind rep> same old crap

Played since TBC and this is a GREAT xpack. Worth the $39.99......YES

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post18571688
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I think its definitely worth it. I played GW2 and it was boring as all hell. Questing, environments, music are all top notch in MoP. I say go for it!

Yes!

nom nom no mnom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    If you like pandas and pokemon and farmville yes, if no, I suggest GW2 is far more awesome than MoP
    Like thats not super biased, like at all with the misconstrued and idiotic statements you produced...

Don't listen to him, I just came back from a Hiatus too, from DS time...and its looking pretty great. GW2 is fun as well. Both are fun to play. Enjoy man.

MoP is well worth coming back for. Sofar it's the most fun I've had playing WoW in a long time.
    Intel i5 3470 | MSI z77a-g41 | SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 | Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB | OCZ Vertex 3 (90GB)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played GW2 so I can't compare it to that, but compared to all the other major releases in the last few years, MoP's pretty amazing, I haven't had this much fun in the first few days since TBC. Will it be a great xpac looking back on it 3 years from now? Who knows, but it's worth the cash that's for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Like thats not super biased, like at all with the misconstrued and idiotic statements you produced...

Don't listen to him, I just came back from a Hiatus too, from DS time...and its looking pretty great. GW2 is fun as well. Both are fun to play. Enjoy man.
    I just gave him my opinion. Im allowed to have one

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is definitely worth the 39.99. I'm finding my self with tons and tons more to do than any of the previous expansions upon installing and playing the expansion. Blizzard has done a phenomenal job from what I've seen so far. Definitely worth coming back for, even if it's just for a little while.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Speaking for myself, not really.

What really attracted me to wow where the environments. Since I played warcraft III, I was really looking forward exploring the plaguelands, night elf starting zones, etc. Same with bc/outland and wrath and northrend (I also wanted to check out the arthas story since i loved warcraft III). Pandaland is heavily influence by asian culture/architecture and frankly don't see anything new (and i have played other games that have already done that). If it had been the emerald dream, I probably would had tried it to see something new and psychedelic environment.

Also the other fact that I'm frankly sick of the overall gameplay of wow since I have played the game for so dam long.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is by far the best expansion Blizzard has put out. Don't worry about the GW2 fanboys. This is a solid expansion.

Deleted
    If you were bored before, you will be bored now as well. It's pretty much the same game (not that this is a bad thing), same questing, same dungeons (obviously not the same, but you got my drift). Pretty much just the standard WoW experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. but it's you. You know the guy who gave the game a 0 on meta critic and admitted it on these forums.

Deleted
    Yes you are. Ignore that accusatory post.

As far as MY opinion goes, yes MoP is more than worth it. I've tried playing a bit o' the ol' GW2 and it just doesn't work for me. MoP is fun as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leveling, for me personally, has been pretty good, I hated Cata leveling but so far MoP leveling zones have been pretty good (and aesthetically look good too), but WoW is WoW there aren't any MAJOR changes but the new content is good enough to keep me playing and the little things they added like Pet Battles and Farmville seemed to have a significant amount of positive feedback (from what I have seen). The new talents might get some getting used to, but lots of specs (such as Destro) got their rotation cleaned up a bit so if you played a spec that may have seemed cluster-fucky then they most likely cleaned that up for you a bit, but I'd do some personal investigation before making an executive decision to buy a game that you might not like due to some unforeseen issues you have.

Deleted
    If you liked Vanilla, TBC then obviously no.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post

In fairness to him he just exaggerated but he wasn't outright lying at least on 2 of his points.

He mentioned pandas. The expansion is based around them with lore and a new race.

He mentioned Pokemon. That's basically what pet battles are and if you think differently team rocket will kick your ass.

He mentioned FarmVille. This is where he lost me and I dont know what in game reference that is.

So 2/3 confirmed to be very near what he said.

Someone explain the 3rd please.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    This is by far the best expansion Blizzard has put out.
    Meh I think bc is probably the best one.

Don't worry about the GW2 fanboys. This is a solid expansion.
    It be true my good man that the only people that aren't interested in pandaland are GW2 fanboys who seek to ruin your life by not playing wow. For shame, why can't we let the game ruin it for you?
    Last edited by Frioz; 2012-09-28 at 09:20 PM.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

Its not really worth it if you like the usual wow grind that comes with every expansion - lvl to cap, run normals, run heroics, get gear, run raids > grind rep> same old crap
    Don't listen to this guy, he is hating WoW all over the forum.

I was one of the guys who quit during DS too, and I'm loving MoP currently. Feels like Cata was pushed aside just for this to become amazing really. The lore is better than ever.

BTW, this comes from a previous hater.

But guess what, we don't fucking care anymore. That's our opinion.