View Poll Results: Is MoP worth coming back for?

Voters
203. This poll is closed
  • Yes

139 68.47%
  • No

64 31.53%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    If you like pandas and pokemon and farmville yes, if no, I suggest GW2 is far more awesome than MoP
    Hey you know, some people prefer dress-up and cooking chilli over pokemon. It's okay. But in all seriousness, the expansion is not about pet battles or planting carrots. That's what the ArenaNet fanboys want you to believe. You know that a game is shitty, boring, stale and overhyped, when you treat with seriousness trivial, funny, stuff from other games that are meant to be jokes and boredom killers, instead of pointing out the "revolutionary" elements of GW 2. Which are nowhere to be found, by the way.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-09-28 at 11:43 PM.

Seems there's good reasons on both sides of the fence for Mists. I haven't played since mid vanilla thanks to my business having a lot of patients, but now my kids are old enough and want dad to join them. Is there enough to do with younger players that might not understand or be capable of the higher level content?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brantin View Post
    Seems there's good reasons on both sides of the fence for Mists. I haven't played since mid vanilla thanks to my business having a lot of patients, but now my kids are old enough and want dad to join them. Is there enough to do with younger players that might not understand or be capable of the higher level content?
    Pet battles!
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    instead of pointing out the "revolutionary" elements of GW 2. Which are nowhere to be found, by the way.
    I can't really say how revolutionary GW2 is because most of the MMORPG features date back even before WoW, but I can say that I really enjoyed not having mob tagging or the quest items I need getting snagged in front of me, while I am fighting a mob. I actually enjoyed having people around while leveling. I'm sure there are other aspects of GW2 that I can point out to you, that are clearly better done, but seeing your attitude, I don't think it's worth the effort.

That's what the ArenaNet fanboys want you to believe.
    Good heaven sir, please do explain more this vast conspiracy of this insidious organization of "ArenaNet fanboys" are launching against our precious world! (of warcrafts).
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

Deleted
    Yeah it is, it has a new feeling to it of sorts.

Deleted
    Absolutely it's epic!

Hey you know, some people prefer dress-up and cooking chilli over pokemon. It's okay. But in all seriousness, the expansion is not about pet battles or planting carrots. That's what the ArenaNet fanboys want you to believe. You know that a game is shitty, boring, stale and overhyped, when you treat with seriousness trivial, funny, stuff from other games that are meant to be jokes and boredom killers, instead of pointing out the "revolutionary" elements of GW 2. Which are nowhere to be found, by the way.
    Haha and after a post like that are you going to tell everyone in this thread your not a fanboy yourself? the irony!

Awesome exp, go for it.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Pet battles!
    Pet battles sound like they'll be fun for a while, but how long will that last?

Deleted
    It's just WoW, with a different coating, and that's fine, I guess. If you like WoW and you are thinking about coming back, you might as well. Pandaria feels very different, at least to me, than other continents. I've said in a couple posts now that I thought it was going to be incredibly childish and obnoxious, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it 's still WoW. (Despite the occasional monkey butt jokes.) That being said, it is a lighter side of WoW, but meh.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-09-29 at 12:25 AM.

Pet battles sound like they'll be fun for a while, but how long will that last?
    Well I imagine it would keep going until you dont feel like playing anymore. It's like pokemon, it never ends lol. You have countless pets to level, a ton of pets to catch and then you have pve and pvp trainer battles.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are the person who doesnt need voice acting or fancy stuff to tell a story. But enjoy reading it and getting sucked into the story of every zone. Dont mind paying 15 bucks a month. I would whole heartily recommend MoP. To me its the best questing experience i have had in WoW since the start its fun and yet tells a great story per zone. It first focuses on the horde and alliance arrival to Pandaria and then goes into the history behind it.

I have already gotten the loremaster achievement so and thats a first for me.. never could i get myself to doing more quest then i needed to do.
    For the dungeons they have introduced some fun new mechanics besides that they have added voice acting more then their used to be and a wide array of additional cut scenes.

In the end its up to you but if you have 55 euros to spare go check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    I just gave him my opinion. Im allowed to have one
    An opinion based on ignorance.

So I guess its par for the course for the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP makes it feel so "new" Im in love with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah! MoP Is great! I'm enjoying every moment! ♥

As a long time player since early 2007 this expansion is most DEFINETLY worth it. I've had a *TON* of fun leveling a monk, getting my main to level 90, and enjoying the pet battles a lot.

First let me say that I've quit in February 2011 due to simple reasons: nothing to do besides raiding, total simplification of everything, decline of 25man and raiding as a whole, overall quality of the content, and of course a lot of people (including a heavy chuck of my mates) stopping playing during that time. Now I've been seriously considering coming back before (which I'm glad I didnt, turned up to be a right decision) and of course I've been considering coming back for MoP. I've played some beta, have been invited to join a very good guild (comeback to actually, I've been playing with a lot of the guys before, and no, I wont name them, lets just say that the name have been quite frequent of the frontpage before) but ended up declining the offer.

Overall I'd say that the damage that has been done by Cataclysm is too much and I'm not sure it can be fixed. Blizzard has been focusing too much on how to bring new players to the game and have completely forgotten about the audience that made the game so popular in the first place. The focus is on the features that will bring short time players in who want to see everything very fast, without any effort and that's about it. Just like it happens in single player games. Essentially, the game is broken down to a ton of minigames that are all not challenging, non-rewarding and often boring. I'm fine if it works this way Pokemon or Farmville but it doesnt work this work with raiding for example. Some things shouldnt be for everyone and their granny, it should take effort and dedication to get done simply for it to feel epic and fulfilling in the end. Easy to start - I'm fine with that, but easy to master - please no.

So I'd say overall MoP is pretty good game, but it's not single player game and it's nigh impossible to play with people who are used to get everything on a platter and will cry like a baby if something is challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios, pet battles, dailies, and professions.

OT: Like someone said earlier, MOP is an expansion you have to experience to realize how good some of the things really are that didn't seem like much back when they were announced.

The thing I want to point out the most is the questing. I"m one of those that don't mind linear questing, I believe it's faster to level up that way and a nice way to follow a story. MOP has gone away from the linear questing but that is a good thing. Blizzard managed to make the questing in MOP better than any other expansion in my opinion. You have several routes you can take while still following the main story. I also like the pop up they show you on your screen for your achievement progress in that zone. Without that I wouldn't have even cared but once I saw it I completed all the quests in that zone to get the achievement and it gave me a better sense of the overall story of the zone. I know a lot of people could care less about questing and story but there are still a lot of people that do.

Still feeeling that DS HC full clear every week boredom but Im getting slowly getting into MoP.And I just feel like it is a breath of fresh air for the WoW universe.Its just so different , I'm sure its WoW it cant be THAT different, but the feeling of the game because of the new story and something that isnt about "X is a bad ass who wants to destroy the world, kill him" just makes it better, at least for this expansion.

I say it is definetly worth it , u just cant get better value in computer games at the moment when it comes to MMOs.Tho it is so hard to have time for WoW also when I still enjoy playing D3,some Dota2, shooters etc.

tldr : yea get it, dont listen to haters,no sane reason not to get it.