View Poll Results: Is MoP worth coming back for?

Voters
203. This poll is closed
  • Yes

139 68.47%
  • No

64 31.53%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hating and prejudices aside, this is honestly the least I've enjoyed an expansion. I'm just not feeling it. But as you can see, some people are loving it. You pretty much just have to try it for yourself and see if it's up your alley. But a few basic overviews you should be aware of:

1. It's a much lighter theme than previously. The Horde vs Alliance war will pick up eventually, but so far it's pretty tame in comparison to places like Northrend or Outland. The majority of the leveling has much more to do with learning panda culture and fighting their ancient enemies than it does Horde vs Alliance, so again, you'll either love it or hate it, but nobody can tell you if you will. Just be aware it's going to have a much different vibe than WotLK or BC, or even Cata.

2. I don't know what part of the game you focus on primarily, but the PvP side of things is pretty lackluster. The two new BGs are certainly better than the two we were given in WotLK, and aren't direct copies of old BGs at least, but I can tell you now that they won't lead to very many close, epic games. It'll be like Gilneas, where one team establishes an early advantage and the other team can't do hardly anything about it because it's too small scale. I'd say, more than any old BGs, these two will be won by number of healers. To be fair though, Blizzard did say they're wanting to change up queues were teams have an equal number of healers, so that'll help the PvP experience as a whole significantly.

3. Unless you like Farmville, or are immensely interested in panda day to day life, you'll probably want to skip Valley of the Four Winds. It's a pretty awful zone otherwise.

4. World PvP is back. I love it, personally, but some people are so upset over it that they're threatening to quit. So be ready to be ganked if you start a monk and get to questing with it.

There are a LOT of little touches this expansion. That's part of what makes it awesome.

Well, world PvP would give me something to do at least. I dabbled in that back when there was no gain from doing so. How brutal is it now? Do people still get enjoyment out of corpse camping for hours on end?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhawk675 View Post
    I quit WoW right about the time DS came out because I just couldn't get into it anymore.. When GW2 came out, I pretty much thought I'd just do away with WoW forever, and even though I still LOVE GW2, I keep thinking MoP might be really cool. So I'm just wondering, is it worth buying and coming back for? or should I just stay away.
    If you love WoW come back. If you don't, wait for RoF or price drop then come back. Not worth the $$ at the moment unless you love WoW.

come back, its worth it.. the new world bosses are so much fun

I tried it, lasted 20 minutes before I realized its just more of the same old shit. Can't believe people find enjoyment out of this, oh well I tried my best to like it. I can;t believe they have not updated the old character models...humans look so dated it's sad.

Deleted
    arent they working on updating the character models atm?
    and release it in a upcoming patch??

Quote Originally Posted by Khross View Post
    They were saying that shit back in 2009 when I still played...

Quote Originally Posted by Khross View Post
    They have been saying this for years. For the last months GC said that dwarfes are nearly done and Human/Orc would be next. And since the Rob Pardo interview a few days ago we can be happy its still on the list.

Deleted
    too early to say. Even cata had great reviews for first month

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd come back to WoW for MoP if I could afford it. But seeing as I may have cancer, it's probably not a good idea to be throwing money around.

People can hate about MoP saying crap like "pandas, pokemon, farm ville" but in the end you don't HAVE to do any of that. They are things that people can do just for fun when they're bored or waiting in a queue. They're designed to get people back into the world. And as for pandas, they've been around since before World of Warcraft itself, let alone that Kung Fu Panda movie. (which actually got a lot of good reviews from adults too for being funny)

I haven't been able to play MoP yet, but I'd say if you've ever loved WoW, it can't hurt to give it a shot. Who knows, maybe that spark will be rekindled!

I also think it's the best expansion yet. But don't expect it to be some other game, like the idiots do (extreme new graphics Crysis style combined with a totally new gameplay and some other delusional shit), to just be disappointed. It's an EXPANSION. For WoW.

If you don't, wait for RoF or price drop then come back.
    When did Blizzard drop the prices for and expansion during the said expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. All these comments make me really want to come back to WoW. Too bad I don't have spare money at the moment because of the university.

Belive me, it's worth coming back!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Haha and after a post like that are you going to tell everyone in this thread your not a fanboy yourself? the irony!
    I said nothing that suggests I'm a fanboy, and I yet again do what I enjoy doing for several months to this day: sighing at the overhyped game called Guild Wars 2, and laughing at the fools who believe that "revolutionizing" something is mainly about removing stuff. It's sort of a "Hah, look guys. We aren't like them anymore, we are badass", mentality

Deleted
    No, stay away. It's the same old crap as Cataclysm, but worse. I miss the old BC/WotlK times!

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    No, stay away. It's the same old crap as Cataclysm, but worse. I miss the old BC/WotlK times!
    You obviously didn't play during TBC.

MoP is very similar to TBC right now. Raid content will make or break this tier for me. Challenge modes are harder than TBC heroics. More dailies/variety, more world PvP due to CRZ.

You're talking nonesense.

Deleted
    still the same old its just an expansion for christ's sake...an expansion doesn't mean a new game,still the same mechanics and high lvl content,unless you're an absolute fan of questing if you didn't like wow back then you won't like it now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    You obviously didn't play during TBC.

MoP is very similar to TBC right now. Raid content will make or break this tier for me. Challenge modes are harder than TBC heroics. More dailies/variety, more world PvP due to CRZ.

You're talking nonesense.
    Oh yes, I did play during TBC.. It's nothing like TBC's epicness.

And no, I'm not talking nonsense, I stated my opinion, which I'm more than allowed to.

It is funny though, that you have to disrespect people not having the same opinion as you on a game, good job, not..

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Oh yes, I did play during TBC.. It's nothing like TBC's epicness.

And no, I'm not talking nonsense, I stated my opinion, which I'm more than allowed to.

It is funny though, that you have to disrespect people not having the same opinion as you on a game, good job sir, not..
    I'm not disrespecting you.

You're wrong.

"Epicness" is your opinion. I gave a fact that TBC is similar to MOP: Challenge modes comparible to TBC heroics, loads of varied dailies, more world PvP. That is similar to TBC. MoP is closer to TBC style than Wrath or Cata by a long shot.

You didn't play in TBC, show me your Hand of A'dal/Champion of the Naaru/Tabard of the Protector.