Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Recursiv View Post
    I agree, I don't understand how people thought this expansion was going to bring a brand new game... lol

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 08:00 PM ----------

It's exactly this, it's always funny to watch people read between the lines and make conspiracy-style theories though haha.
    Just don't be surprised if you see it magically resurface in a couple years in a different Blizzard game.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Your complaints are poor and you need to stop playing this game and move on with your life.

Deleted
    Not really a complaint about MoP as I don't have it yet, but I made a trial account to check out the cross realm zone addition and people boasted that there was tons of people in all the zones. But I tried it and I barely saw anyone out in the zones... Westfall had a "decent" amount of people but nothing major. I also understand that a lot of 85's were bored before the mop launch and went out into zones, but I don't want tons of 85's out in the zones anyway.
    So did they reduce the amount of servers linked to eachother because of all the people wanting to play a singleplayer game? or did people just exaggerate? Because this was one of the features I was pretty excited about, but as there's lots of zones with maybe only 1-2 people It doesn't make much of a difference if you're only linked to 4 other servers..

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Your complaints are poor and you need to stop playing this game and move on with your life.
    Its called a "Opinion" and everyone is entitled to one don't like it fine but don't tell others what they should do.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

let me start by saying i accept your right to have a different opinion mr OP, but i couldnt pass this up...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    -The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.

-The talent system is so sad and basic it's not even funny I used to feel as if I were playing with lego blocks now its mega blocks. Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to where I sat down and figured out good talent combinations unlike majority of players I didn't surf the web for the most viable spec
    am i the only one who finds this hysterical?

didnt copy whole post, figured it would be to long, but as a side note, the pet battles you complain about... yeah... that is also new

just sayin =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That wasn't it either. If memory serves they scrapped it because it felt to grindy and it was another thing that people would feel obligated to do.
    Your memory is not serving you correctly. What I stated was true. Google is your friend! PotT was rolled into Prime Glyphs.

Not a single point in the OP indicates that he has played the expansion.
    So, I don't really think your opinion matters.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, you are entitled to your opinion. I feel the opposite as you on every point besides graphics, and everything in Pandaria is gorgeous, they are currently working on updating character models, but the simple fact is that the game is old.

I feel they put a tremendous amount of effort in this xpac and personally it's my favorite (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    Hmm, you are entitled to your opinion. I feel the opposite as you on every point besides graphics, and everything in Pandaria is gorgeous, they are currently working on updating character models, but the simple fact is that the game is old.

I feel they put a tremendous amount of effort in this xpac
    Exactly my own feelings. The OP is entitled to his opinion, however I stopped taking him serously here:

I am not trying to offend anyone but
    the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic.
    I was always told growing up that anything said before the word "but" doesn't really count...It gets proven right again.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Your memory is not serving you correctly. What I stated was true. Google is your friend! PotT was rolled into Prime Glyphs.
    Most of the examples that were given were passive, non-class specific bonuses though.

My point with the whole pet battle system is that they could have focused on improving the game in different ways not just throwing gimmicks out their for people to eat up. Also how can you justify this game being 15 dollars a month it once was well worth it but this game is showing its age. Blizzard has moved most of it's staff over to a new game and it's showing in this game. We shouldn't have to pay 40 dollars and on top of that 15 a month for a game that is half assed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its called a "Opinion" and everyone is entitled to one don't like it fine but don't tell others what they should do.
    Um its called a "Opinion" and everyone is entitled to one, if you don't like what he said then fine. But don't tell him what he should do with his opinion!

We shouldn't have to pay 40 dollars and on top of that 15 a month for a game that is half assed.
    This is the second time you've expressed clear dislike of the game, but not for anything in particular, just allusions to some vague problem. How do you think they could have improved the game specifically?

On second thought: Having just looked through your post history, I don't think I'm going to waste my time on you further. How's SWTOR, sooth?
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2012-09-29 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    This is the second time you've expressed clear dislike of the game, but not for anything in particular, just allusions to some vague problem. How do you think they could have improved the game specifically?
    Judging from his post I would say they could improve it by making it F2P. In all honesty that would be my #1 complaint is Blizzard needs to move to the F2P model. Any game with a subscription feels archaic to me already, I doubt I'll buy games that have the sub model anymore.

Also the queue system. That was addressed in GW2, although not exactly a spectacular solution. I would think that Blizzard could have done something as well given the CRZ technology.
    Last edited by Eggoman; 2012-09-29 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    Judging from his post I would say they could improve it by making it F2P.
    How would that solve anything in-game, though? It seems like a tremendous loss of income like that would only make things worse, not better. A free to play model with appropriate limitations would be okay (ie; Starter Accounts), but unrestricted access to the whole game?

I bet good money you didn't hit 90. There's no way you'd say they put no effort into it if you did. That's really all I need to say. If you managed to miss the absolutely astronomical changes to gameplay, daily solo play activities, the way you gear up, currency and reputations... my god, there is just so much. It's so different.

The talent system is amazing. It works exactly as its supposed to. I picked Dream of Cenarius at first and then thought I wasn't really using it, so I swapped from that passive ability to an activated ability and suddenly I was wondering what happened to my healing/damage buffs... until I realized what happened. It was at that moment when I realized just how great the talent trees are. You don't get to have everything, you have to choose, then you have to adapt your playstyle to your choice. If you change that choice to accommodate a new situation, you have to adapt to not having that other ability that you gave up.

The story being epic or not is up to you. I think it's thrilling to imagine a world where there's an "unexplored" land two factions are fighting over for control over, except duh there is already an established entire race of people with its own history and inner conflicts and turmoils - and the sha? A guy literally becomes so distraught over his failure that he explodes into a shadow monster that consumes his being. But you're ignoring that and focusing on the fact that the last boss is Garrosh. We're not even THERE yet. Do you skip to the end of books and then say that they're bad, too?

Sure, graphics are old, whatever. I couldn't care less about graphics. There are fun games with bad graphics. Upgrading them would be great but I'm not going to say the expansion is horrible because of old character models... pretty sure those don't directly affect the actual gameplay.

It doesn't matter that you think it's bad because, for once, Blizzard knocked the ball out of the park and into the next state over and people are just mad.

Just. Mad.

The only thing I'm upset about is that heroics are super easy. I know that was completely intentional, but, eh. The thing is, there is so much to do that I don't even care. I'm just not doing dungeons until my guild is ready to do them together and get ready to raid. Then I'll be able to do harder stuff with them, like challenges and all that jazz.

Ok let me just start off by saying I'm a huge warcraft fan have been since warcraft 2. I am not a picky gamer I took every expansion as it is and just had fun. I enjoyed everything warcraft even cataclysm but MoP......MoP is just a pile of crap it really is I am not trying to offend anyone but the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic. I will outline what it is about this expansion that I hate so much.

-The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.

-The talent system is so sad and basic it's not even funny I used to feel as if I were playing with lego blocks now its mega blocks. Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to where I sat down and figured out good talent combinations unlike majority of players I didn't surf the web for the most viable spec

-The story is not epic in the slightest I am not fighting a demon hunter, I am not fighting a lich king, I am not fighting an ancient dragon I am fighting a faction leader.......and the worst part is I actually thought garrosh was awesome and loved how they developed him you saw him grow and now hes gone all apeshit /golfclap. I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb

-Character graphics being so old. Seriously I play this game for one thing and one thing only MY CHARACTER and I want him to be awesome looking I want to be able to walk around without a helmet. I think its so silly blizz keeps coming up with the excuse o we don't want people to miss those old polygons that look like complete crap give me a break and give us new models already I'm sorry but they make more than enough cash to incorporate this.

It just seems like they marketed this expansion for children and tried to make a quick buck and don't be like but it has mature themes!!!! please bambi had mature themes most kid shows do. I mean come on they spent time on pet battles!?!?!!? which is so boring they could have implemented ogres as a race for horde instead of a lazy shared race or again gave us newer models anyways that's my 2 cents any other warcraft fan feel the same? Anyways if you have fun with the game by all means have fun just saying the game to me has fallen off the map for good.
    Talents were bad they offered no customization everyone was the same, so what that you were one of the like 1% of players who didnt google your spec doesnt change the fact that everyone else did

i think the story is one of the best its def better then bc which was a giant pile of crap storywise that ruined good characters and was filled with retcons

new character models are being worked on as we speak in a recent interview they said they had almost finished dwarves and i think orcs

as for more of the same its an mmo theres not much an mmo can do without becoming a different genre all together

and as for it being aimed at children "and dont tell me it has mature themes" im sorry but that kind of makes me think you havent actually played it at all

i mean look at this how is this aimed at children SPOILERS FOR JADE FOREST

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    don't look for comprehension here, you said you liked garrosh, your thread is doomed now.

I liked Garrosh (despite the bad-writen-forced evolution of the character) until this new "twist" wich screw all the past bad development again and make him a total waste of imagination. They just used the "comunity" view on this, not caring for a good story, a good story would've been Varyan going apeshit on a xenophobic rage or something, the Garrosh thins was just an excuse to wipe the "bad" decission.
    I liked him, I thought "this could be awesome" and standed with him in everything. -the bomb in druid school part was awesome, THAT IS garrosh, the one qho lernt about the horde and honor from SAURFANG, not this crazy bad-written douche they are displaying to us now...

as with the expansion part, yeah it kind of suck, it's the same as always and everything we should be aware of at this point...(even the cinematic intro was bad, it lacked the same sensations the other ones generated, this was just meh)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

-The story is not epic in the slightest I am not fighting a demon hunter, I am not fighting a lich king, I am not fighting an ancient dragon I am fighting a faction leader.......and the worst part is I actually thought garrosh was awesome and loved how they developed him you saw him grow and now hes gone all apeshit /golfclap. I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb

-Character graphics being so old. Seriously I play this game for one thing and one thing only MY CHARACTER and I want him to be awesome looking I want to be able to walk around without a helmet. I think its so silly blizz keeps coming up with the excuse o we don't want people to miss those old polygons that look like complete crap give me a break and give us new models already I'm sorry but they make more than enough cash to incorporate this.
    Gonna go out on a limb and say the OP hasn't purchased nor played MoP.

First point. It is the same engine, yes, however it feels much different. The talent changes are brand new to the franchise, and even the questing feels a lot more involved a lot of the times. However this point is invalid because nothing game changing has ever been added to the game with expansions.

Second point. The original talent system was more basic. The new one feels exciting because you can pick different abilities in the same tier and be playing completely differently than before (for me on my monk anyway).

Third point, and here is where I have strong feelings about the OP not playing the game, mainly because he doesn't know what he's talking about. You're not fighting Garrosh, you're fighting the manifestation of evil. Picture Aku from Samurai Jack only more bestial looking. So, you're just 100% wrong here. Nothing in the expansion has eluded to Garrosh being bat shit evil just yet. Not even in Tides did he appear evil, just warlordish and dickish.

Fourth point. Nothing to do with MoP. That's like saying you don't like Terminator 2 because you felt Michael Biehn did a shitty job acting in Terminator.

All in all, you didn't buy the game, you didn't play the game, and if you did, all you did was AFK in Orgrimmar, maybe do the first quest, or you rolled a pandaren, quested 'til 5 and then quit.

Sorry bro, nothing you say gives anyone the slightest feeling like you know what you're talking about.

Ok let me just start off by saying I'm a huge warcraft fan have been since warcraft 2. I am not a picky gamer I took every expansion as it is and just had fun. I enjoyed everything warcraft even cataclysm but MoP......MoP is just a pile of crap it really is I am not trying to offend anyone but the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic. I will outline what it is about this expansion that I hate so much.

It just seems like they marketed this expansion for children and tried to make a quick buck and don't be like but it has mature themes!!!! please bambi had mature themes most kid shows do. I mean come on they spent time on pet battles!?!?!!? which is so boring they could have implemented ogres as a race for horde instead of a lazy shared race or again gave us newer models anyways that's my 2 cents any other warcraft fan feel the same? Anyways if you have fun with the game by all means have fun just saying the game to me has fallen off the map for good.
    This has to be one of the most uneducated posts i have ever seen. Not even a few days into the expansion and you are already making false claims? Quit the game. People like you fill up the server ques.

1. The talent system is better then ever. Before hand it was filled with passive things which literally did nothing for you except buffing your damage or giving some other useless thing. The new talent system is based completely around choice (for the most part). Sure there will always be a best for the a certain situation, but for the most part they made it so you can CHOOSE what you want. Not follow some cookie cutter build off a gladiator or a top end player in a PvE guild. Just because it has less choices, once again because there are no more passive talents, doesn't make it "easy" or "newby".

2. This expansion is based around two things. The evil forces, including the Sha, on Pandaria, which if you did the quests there is a ton of back story on all of it, and the war between the Alliance and Horde. The whole point is that Garrosh is going crazy. He is going to be the final boss of the expansion. For some unknown reason he goes absolutely insane and we have to stop him. Thats the cliffhanger, we dont know why yet. There are speculations but no for sure answers.

3. If you actually quested to 90 there are a TON of graphical changes. This is one of the most visually appealing expansions i have ever seen. I am dumbfounded that a 7 year old game can look this good. Character graphics are not easy to change. Would you rather them rush to it and make some character model you dont enjoy? Then you would complain you want the old character models back. Not to mention the music is absolutely amazing. I think the is the only expansion where i have quested to top level with the in game music on the entire time.

Now that i get to your final paragraph i think i've come to the conclusion you are either retarded or trolling. I'll probably get infracted for this but honestly, why do these threads even sit around. Such a waste of space. Opinionated threat with no correct information behind any of it. Go play all of the other WoW killers if you don't like this game.