Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Not put effort into this expansion? Are you joking? This is probably the expansion where they put the most effort in, you really are blind and should just quit wow if you dislike it so much instead of whining and trying convincing yourself that it's bad because it's not.
    Opinions my angry sir, just opinions.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pet Battle System isn't innovative?
    no, it's not.

It was called Pokemon and the first pet battle game came out in 1998 for the Nintendo game boy.

Pokemon aka battle pets are not new. But maybe other things are idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    no, it's not.

It was called Pokemon and the first pet battle game came out in 1998 for the Nintendo game boy.

Pokemon aka battle pets are not new. But maybe other things are idk.
    Innovative for WoW, yes. A new concept, no.

Innovative for WoW, yes.

Meh.

[this message is brought to you by the space needed for this message]

Deleted
    the heroics are extremely underwhelming. why make content that does not last?
    and gear is a major part of MMOs so dont come to me with that challenge mode BS

I have begun to wonder how much the "red and blue" (horde/alliance) in Warcraft model after the "red and blue" (republicans/democrats) in real life, and how closely some events in the geo-political world have been mirrored in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    the heroics are extremely underwhelming. why make content that does not last?
    and gear is a major part of MMOs so dont come to me with that challenge mode BS
    That "challenge mode BS" is good. How are you already steam rolling the heroics, did you skip the rest of the content ?

Its my least favourite expansion so far sadly. Oh well...

I like some things they did but overall I'm disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Its my least favourite expansion so far sadly. Oh well...

I like some things they did but overall I'm disappointed.
    So.. worse than Cata, what is this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    what is this nonsense.
    I would called it an opinion my good troll that likes to flip off the sky.

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with WoW's graphical fidelity. :/

MoP looks great.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Ok let me just start off by saying I'm a huge warcraft fan have been since warcraft 2. I am not a picky gamer I took every expansion as it is and just had fun. I enjoyed everything warcraft even cataclysm but MoP......MoP is just a pile of crap it really is I am not trying to offend anyone but the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic. I will outline what it is about this expansion that I hate so much.

-The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.
    Yup they didnt do anything nothing at all but just to enlighten you on a few things they fixed behind the scene:

• Pet battles
    • Lore all through the world in the form of objectives that rewards you reputation and achievement points.
    • Farming mini game that's well done and fun to do in the downtime.
    • Increased the distance you can see.
    • Higher level of detail in the world.
    • Ground textures are higher res.
    • Lighting system and shadows were improved.
    • More control over texture blending.
    • Ambient occlusion (SSAO) was added.
    • Cross server zones.

Now lets talk about that last point for a moment. Yes its a bit flawed right now and needs some changes probably. But lets talk about the innovation behind it. Its in my opinion the biggest innovation in MMORPG history. Since without loading screens it simply switches your server to group you with other people. Without you even noticing it, that is something no MMORPG out their is able to pull off.

-The talent system is so sad and basic it's not even funny I used to feel as if I were playing with lego blocks now its mega blocks. Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to where I sat down and figured out good talent combinations unlike majority of players I didn't surf the web for the most viable spec
    Yup elitest jerks was such a lovely site with its cookie builds that really made you feel like a special snow flake. And about that last sentence you wrote there i dont believe that at all..
    Not unless you wanted to be the optimal player, you would have done research.

-The story is not epic in the slightest I am not fighting a demon hunter, I am not fighting a lich king, I am not fighting an ancient dragon I am fighting a faction leader.......and the worst part is I actually thought garrosh was awesome and loved how they developed him you saw him grow and now hes gone all apeshit /golfclap. I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb
    Do research you would find out their is more to it. And even then he wanted more control something that is now pushing him over the edge. Making him do things that are no longer honorable and im glad we are getting rid of that "thing".

-Character graphics being so old. Seriously I play this game for one thing and one thing only MY CHARACTER and I want him to be awesome looking I want to be able to walk around without a helmet. I think its so silly blizz keeps coming up with the excuse o we don't want people to miss those old polygons that look like complete crap give me a break and give us new models already I'm sorry but they make more than enough cash to incorporate this.
    Another thing you didnt do any research for did you? They are actively looking at ways how to improve them and they are all in R&D its even on the front page >.>

It just seems like they marketed this expansion for children and tried to make a quick buck and don't be like but it has mature themes!!!! please bambi had mature themes most kid shows do. I mean come on they spent time on pet battles!?!?!!? which is so boring they could have implemented ogres as a race for horde instead of a lazy shared race or again gave us newer models anyways that's my 2 cents any other warcraft fan feel the same? Anyways if you have fun with the game by all means have fun just saying the game to me has fallen off the map for good.
    Awh this argument its for childeren did you even play mop? im going to go with no.. and you havnt done any zones or are the person that doesnt care for story anyways. In which case you have no rights to complain even. If you would read the quest pay attention you would get a way deeper feeling of story and lore in MoP beyond you staring at a rabbit which is not childish just blizzard being goofy. Something they always have.

In the end i find your post "hillarious" it comes across as a rant and not negative opinions. You simply state stuff without backing it up. Or providing ways you would like to improve it. The whole post is just a flame fest from an angry person, who A either loves to *fill in the word* or B bought the game and hates it so much he wants others to confirm it.

Next time try to write something constructive. I mean seriously you didnt even list one point you wished to improve or how you would improve it.
    Besides this you also clearly showed lack or research from your end, you didnt even try to find information that is readily available (even on the front page of this site).
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-09-28 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    Some people should do an EQ test before posting on the forums. seriously =/

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Some people should do an EQ test before posting on the forums.

Never liked Everquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Ok let me just start off by saying I'm a huge warcraft fan have been since warcraft 2. I am not a picky gamer I took every expansion as it is and just had fun. I enjoyed everything warcraft even cataclysm but MoP......MoP is just a pile of crap it really is I am not trying to offend anyone but the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic. I will outline what it is about this expansion that I hate so much.

-The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.
    Been to Pandaria? Opened your eyes? I totally agree with you here, absolutely NO effort in this xpac... What would you consider an innovative change? Challenge modes? Scenario's? Pet Battle's? Farmville? Tons of cutscene's?

-The talent system is so sad and basic it's not even funny I used to feel as if I were playing with lego blocks now its mega blocks. Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to where I sat down and figured out good talent combinations unlike majority of players I didn't surf the web for the most viable spec
    They just removed the obvious talents that everyone always takes and applied them to your toon by default. Seems to me you like to keep things complicated for the sake of complication. Everybody figured out the same 'good' talent combinations anyway, they were no-brainers to start with.

-The story is not epic in the slightest I am not fighting a demon hunter, I am not fighting a lich king, I am not fighting an ancient dragon I am fighting a faction leader.......and the worst part is I actually thought garrosh was awesome and loved how they developed him you saw him grow and now hes gone all apeshit /golfclap. I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb
    You are fighting the leader of a faction. A legendary one at that. I'll remind you of your first point... how you didn't like the same old crap. Fighting a Demon Hunter, Lich King or big huge dragon sure would be something new and innovative, right? You still hardly know anything about what's to come. I'm sure the Sha have some big role to play in this xpac and you'll find out later instead of right away.

-Character graphics being so old. Seriously I play this game for one thing and one thing only MY CHARACTER and I want him to be awesome looking I want to be able to walk around without a helmet. I think its so silly blizz keeps coming up with the excuse o we don't want people to miss those old polygons that look like complete crap give me a break and give us new models already I'm sorry but they make more than enough cash to incorporate this.
    They are being updated at some point. They've also said time and again it is a touchy project to update the models, but you must have missed the dozens of times it's been on the frontpage...

It just seems like they marketed this expansion for children and tried to make a quick buck and don't be like but it has mature themes!!!! please bambi had mature themes most kid shows do. I mean come on they spent time on pet battles!?!?!!? which is so boring they could have implemented ogres as a race for horde instead of a lazy shared race or again gave us newer models anyways that's my 2 cents any other warcraft fan feel the same? Anyways if you have fun with the game by all means have fun just saying the game to me has fallen off the map for good.
    Well, if all you see in MoP is the Pet Battle's... then I pitty you sir.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-09-28 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

Innovative for WoW, yes. A new concept, no.
    Taking one thing and putting it somewhere else dose not make it Innovative.

Pet battles is pokemon only different there is no pet battle league "Yet" and it has different monsters *then again pokemon is up to around like 500 if not more now so they mite be the same*.

but hey that's just my Opinion

Edit: To make it Innovative they needed to do something different with it and they didn't its WOW's version of pokemon. "Gotta get them all Wowe'mon*
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-09-28 at 11:32 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Pet battles is pokemon only different there is no pet battle league "Yet" and it has different monsters *then again pokemon is up to around like 500 if not more now so they mite be the same*.

but hey that's just my Opinion
    Completely revamping an already exsisting pet system into a mini game, and making all other wild ones in the game tameable through battles takes abit more then people are making out to be.
    They didnt just plug in a red cartridge and suddenly pokemon were in WoW. But this by far isnt the only new thing lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    I think my disappointment was inevitable as I've been off to play newer games who have innovated within the genre. Comming back to wow is like getting smacked in the face with a deadfish....

dont get me wrong, its not bad, as wow expansions go its pretty good, a massive improvement on cata right off the bat.

But I am having trouble getting used to the wow wway of doing things again, resenting other players because of mob tagging and shared quest items (got ranted at earlier as I jumped into help someone and tagged some mobs....my instinct is now to jump in....must learn not to be helpful in wow....). Static combat (I keep hitting my dodge key and wondering why I dont move!) and so on.

No, as a wow expansion its good, as an MMO.....it feels dated. Thats not to say it cant be fun, but I'm not sure how long I can ignore the really antiquated mechanics of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Completely revamping an already exsisting pet system into a mini game, and making all other wild ones in the game tameable through battles takes abit more then people are making out to be.
    They didnt just plug in a red cartridge and suddenly pokemon were in WoW. But this by far isnt the only new thing lol.
    Like i said just cause you take something from one thing and put it in another dose not make it Innovative.

O Everquest II added a LFG system....its been done that's not Innovative. wow barely even changed it right down to the battles and how they work is the same. Only difference in the battles is u can't use 6 or 7 *w/e the max was* but it plays out just the same. level stops at 25.

Me personally i feel pet battles is a water down version of Pokemon battles just a really bad rip off.

"My Opinion"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This first of all =P A huge chunk of people obviously do not know what innovative means, please dont use is so lightly.

The game is fine, is it much more different now then it was 5 years ago? Not so much. The only big problem with WoW now is that it's running on a very old engine, and blizz har squeezed out all they can from it /=

I personally do not like the new revamp they have done. I don't even remember what talents I chose, mainly because they no longer matter. This is what Blizz wanted, I just don't understand why /=