Thread: Low Dps

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That's why I personally don't like the direct connection between haste and energy. Indirectly you can have more combat potency procs, in example, but otherwise it leads us to this situation of rogue being very boring for months after hitting 90.

Deleted
    Rogue dps doesn't seem low to me i am 364 ilevel, i can burt for 120k dps with cooldowns and a lot of fights involve cleaving etc, personally i feel rogues/locks will be the dps to beat in raids, i could be wrong but i have seen plenty to back that up.Even at lower gear levels i was still pulling 55-60k dps, it's hard to judge your dps in dungeons since you will be missing some buffs, When raiding starts i am expecting my single target dps to be higher, rogues scale very well

Make sure you are hit/exp caped it should make a huge difference and if you are missing Hc trinkets, your dps really will sky rocket when you get those because they are very good and will provide you like 10-20k dps or something silly because they link up with cd's nicely most the time.

I do think assassination is probably a bit weaker than combat at the moment though.

Deleted
    Atm I'm sitting at about 455 ilvl, playing combat (because I only have a fist wep and a dagger so far), and pulling like 30-35k singletarget, bursting up to 50-60k with KS, followed by AR and SB.

I'm eagerly waiting for a second dagger to drop so I can try out sub and assassination, I'm pretty sure atleast assassination will be somewhat okay since there's not a whole lot of energy needing to be used to keep everything up (although envenom uptime will not be as good as in late t13 obviously, but with dispatch proccing off of mutilate I think it'll be okay overall).
    Last edited by mmoc898f6b28e8; 2012-09-29 at 01:23 PM.

With almost full heroics gear I manage to pull around 60k as Assa on a fight with next to no target switches. Haven't tried combat in heroics since I've gotten a 463 dagger but I imagine that due to the encounter design it might pull more on most fights. With entry level gear (440) it was extremaly painful due to the horribly slow energy regen but it smoothens out the more gear you get.

A good thing to remember is that you can spec Elusivness, glyph Feint and pretty much not worry about the bosses WW/aoe abilities which can be quite the dps gain.
    Last edited by Vilk; 2012-09-29 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
    With almost full heroics gear I manage to pull around 60k as Assa on a fight with next to no target switches. Haven't tried combat in heroics since I've gotten a 463 dagger but I imagine that due to the encounter design it might pull more on most fights. With entry level gear (440) it was extremaly painful due to the horribly slow energy regen but it smoothens out the more gear you get.

A good thing to remember is that you can spec Elusivness, glyph Feint and pretty much not worry about the bosses WW/aoe abilities which can be quite the dps gain.
    Agreed with ^ - As I'm getting more gear the energy problems are slowly fading, still low on energy but not as nearly as brutal as your first heroic! Yet to get the weapons to test combat.

Deleted
    It's hard to say looking just at 5 mans. I am full 463 + 3 epics (engineering head, BoE chest, 484? pvp ring) and I was doing easily top damage on most 5 man bosses. Since I started running with 2 (also 463 geared) guildies (mage and a lock) I don't think the damage is that great. Frost mage cleave is equal or better on 2 targets and then it's way better on more targets. Both are pulling similar (but often slightly better) damage on single target. I normally pull about 60k single target, sometimes more but these are very short fights now. Tried all specs, they give similar results.

Just got full heroic gear (minus leggings) and reforged for combat. doing easily 50k+ dps single target. burst fights i do in the 60ks.
    Normally at the top of the dps meters. only class to beat me so far is a mage/lock

Tbh I wouldn't be worried about doing horrible dps right now, heroics are basically as easy as normal instances and as long as you know the fights you will perform sufficiently well to clear everything.

Anyway, I didn't notice being behind when I did my first pickup heroics, and even first guild runs at 440 ilvl.

Rogues are also notorious for scaling well with items, and even if we are a bit behind in the first few raids, i'm pretty sure we will hold our own as soon as we gather a few epics.

55-80k depending on boss fight length and if i can bladespree. (heroics5mans)

Deleted
    With my gear ( 440) itml, i can barely do 40k dps on a boss with all popped out (assa spec) seeing dk with 90-100k dps, destroy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    It's hard to say looking just at 5 mans. I am full 463 + 3 epics (engineering head, BoE chest, 484? pvp ring) and I was doing easily top damage on most 5 man bosses. Since I started running with 2 (also 463 geared) guildies (mage and a lock) I don't think the damage is that great. Frost mage cleave is equal or better on 2 targets and then it's way better on more targets. Both are pulling similar (but often slightly better) damage on single target. I normally pull about 60k single target, sometimes more but these are very short fights now. Tried all specs, they give similar results.
    Slight OT - but how did you level engineering sooo fast!?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kakashi/simple

Ive been playing combat I can burst 100k, and I usually am sustaining 50K +, one thing about heroics is a lot of them don't favor rogues at all. Just get better gear and you'll see your numbers improve

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightnail View Post
    Slight OT - but how did you level engineering sooo fast!?
    I hit level 90 on the first day so I had some time to do it. Getting to 575 was easy without even spending spirits of harmony (I think I crafted mostly Tinker's kit). Then I made some scopes. I bought materials, which of course was expensive early. Then again I bought materials for engineering helm. I think this guide may be helpful if you want to do it fast and relatively cheap:

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...guide.html#500

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is mostly all gear oriented. I was really worried when I started off pulling 20k at max. Got some gear, new weapons and BAM pulling 40k DPS and up to 100k cleave DPS. Playing combat works really well for dungeons - I will probably re-spec to assassination when raiding starts because Deadly Poison is kicking ass at the moment, but it lacks when you're trying to help in dungeons and can't AoE terribly effectively.

Deleted
    I am also suffering from low dps (assassination). I tried reforging, but it helped little. In Dragon Soul I was getting over 50k, now I barely get 25k, quite depressing. Especially in guidruns, where only the healer is lower on the damage meters.
    My gear is not THAT low (armory link), so I thought rogues were just broken. Then I saw the high numbers being posted here. What am I doing wrong?

Deleted
    So far all speccs I've seen playing double their dps just by hitting hitcap...I don't know how it goes for rogues though. Either way I wouldn't worry, rogues have done really good in 9/10 patches to be released...I would surprise me if you wouldn't be in top dps again once epics start to fill up.

Even though I'm still not 90, I fear assassination is just pulling more dps at most level range right now. Deadly poison and Venomous wounds do crazy damage. Sometimes it almost feel like venomous wounds is bugged.

I just rupture multiple target using FOK as a combo builder. Rupture gives energy when it ticks and when the enemy dies. Ruptures at 2-4 combo points (slice and dice up from a previous fight). its kinda weird but works well at 75. Also on cleaves I try to keep up 2 ruptures on each boss/mob and it makes my dps skyrocket (for my level)

I fear though that crimson tempest not proccing venomous wound will make a fok --> CT rotation suck for assassination since its the only way to get extra energy.

I've also noticed it seems like Garrote doesn't proc extra energy or just doesn't show up on my combat text while multiple ruptures seems to trigger more than one energy gain.

I just got back into playing my rogue though. So I'm probably way off. Combat will scales better than sub which will scale better than ass with gear... just a feeling.

what do you play?

im at ilvl 459 currently. pull between 70-105k per BOSS. and 60-200k on trash (aoe)

*~*A true troll, doesn't even realize he is trolling until he sees me behind him with my troll hunting axe

Deleted
    OH THANK good I AM NOT the only one... in heroics my tank was like dude, are u for real... i am out dpsing u... i was like FUCK i broke the keyboard spamming... no luck, I went full frustration on my rogue to the point to bench him and started leveling other chars to 90, but i never gave up on rogue class it's my favorite so far so then... then i went back and tried tried and tried, i changed specs like 10000000 a gazilian time, and well after SEVERAL efforts, i went combat, the only reason was that i acquiered some 463 weapons, and they were not daggers... so ass and sub were out of the question, anyway, i managed to work out my dps now doing 60-70k on aoe, and around 40-50k on single target, still can't compete with mages and warlocks, but... it's and improvement to the 30k aoe dmg

i guess the point of this is dont give up, and as someone mentioned in the thread, its all about the gear noticed the difference after changing my MH and OH... now just grinding for new daggers to go sub.
    good luck all in finding ur balance, too me ALOT of time and theorycrafting from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    I've also noticed it seems like Garrote doesn't proc extra energy or just doesn't show up on my combat text while multiple ruptures seems to trigger more than one energy gain.
    The reason it seems like it doesn't is because it was specifically changed not to...garrote won't proc VW with rupture up. Read Venomous Wounds tooltip.