Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I saw 83 people viewing this subforum.

MoP already has people looking elsewhere for their entertainment?

I kid, I kid. Nice to see quite a few people hanging around.

It happens whenever there are a quick number of posts in succession because people click the links on the front page for the most recent posts, and there have been 2-3 threads with a whole bunch of posts in the last 30mins. Don't read too much into it

I dunno I've been planning on trying out the lite version ever since I decided to buy a new computer (old one is on Linux and there's too many hoops to jump through to play rift on Linux)

Just saw 130 people viewing and I have seen well over 200, maybe 300 =)
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

As far as rift on linux goes, Running it in wine be a dedicated task, as rift doesnt have native openGL (dont quote me on this, im not a rift/linux pro).

On a real note,i do enjoy seeing this many people looking at a game that truly deserves recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    As far as rift on linux goes, Running it in wine be a dedicated task, as rift doesnt have native openGL (dont quote me on this, im not a rift/linux pro).

On a real note,i do enjoy seeing this many people looking at a game that truly deserves recognition.
    its not that it cant be run.. i currently run gw2 on linux and have run wow. rift just has an exceptional amount of hoops to jump through.. but come friday that wont be an issue.

I know through wine it can be run, but it doesnt have a native client. Linux does not support DirectX, so rift has to be run through a directX to OpenGL emulation.

But anyhow, grats on getten a new PC!!! i hope that everything works as expected :] I just built mine over the summer, and even on my temp. CRT monitor, rift looks oh so amazing.

thanks man im super excited def gonna pick up rift lite and if i like it ill get rift i really like the devs attitude toward the community and well the community itself, the rift forums seem to be the most positive on the whole site. people just seem nice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyctattoo View Post
    thanks man im super excited def gonna pick up rift lite and if i like it ill get rift i really like the devs attitude toward the community and well the community itself, the rift forums seem to be the most positive on the whole site. people just seem nice here.
    You must have missed my posts. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyctattoo View Post
    Its true rift has a great community! I actually have played with people in game that say "Im sorry man" and "its no problem!" It truly is a nice place to play.

Deleted
    Well I keep an eye on this forum even if I dont play the game. I have always enjoyed checking in on mmo-champion while at work and I got some subforums I like more and some I like less :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have been noticing more and more people logging into Rift and trying out Rift, more saying "hey I'm just trying this now for the first time," and it makes me happy. ^_^

Plus I've gotten several friends to join Rift.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well, I have been noticing more and more people logging into Rift and trying out Rift, more saying "hey I'm just trying this now for the first time," and it makes me happy. ^_^

Plus I've gotten several friends to join Rift.
    The only thing stopping me before was my computer, don't think a dual core with 2 gig ram on Linux would have made good friends with rift.. He'll it runs gw2 like a sideshow half the time and I heard gw2 was less hardware intensive than rift.. But got my case today HAF 912 and the rest of my parts are scheduled to arrive tomorrow... So hopefully I'll get to check rift out is weekend.

I only saw 13 people viewing just, everyone must have gone back to WoW!!!

I kid, I kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    MoP already has people looking elsewhere for their entertainment?

I kid, I kid. Nice to see quite a few people hanging around.
    And now - Rift (5 Viewing, lolz) World of Warcraft - General Discussion - (912 Viewing). Ehm.. Yeah. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    And now - Rift (5 Viewing, lolz) World of Warcraft - General Discussion - (912 Viewing). Ehm.. Yeah. :3
    I have no idea why this is the case on a major WoW fansite during launch of a new expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I have no idea why this is the case on a major WoW fansite during launch of a new expansion...
    Yes. How could that be?

/sarcasm

Deleted
    I was just looking because the xpac looks amazing Still playing MoP as well though, don't you worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    True! It'll dwindle down to around 300. So, still. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yes. How could that be?

/sarcasm
    I mean you would think people be playing the game, and not reading about it, But who actually plays video games?

/sarcasm