Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Which class is owning in 90 PvP?

Hello,

I swapped to Monk as my first 90, and I hit it 2 days ago. Game has been fun so far!

I have an 85 of every other class, and am looking to make that my main PvP char (unless monk is godly in PvP).

My question is, what class is owning atm? I figure mage? Ret? If I leveled a second 85-90, what class/spec would you suspect would fair the best in bgs/arenas?

I really enjoy every class, so it is not a matter of fun. I would like to play the best class as of now.

Thanks!

Rets has a good tool-set the thing i don't like about my ret is that is had a noticeable downtime(3-5secs) when you use all 3 of your dps skills. If they gave us more dps skills like warriors we would be the perfect class... Maybe I should try staking haste on my ret and see how that works out.. But the best pvp class is looking like its going to be wizards(spell casters).

Quote Originally Posted by DeadOwnz View Post
    Rets has a good tool-set the thing i don't like about my ret is that is had a noticeable downtime(3-5secs) when you use all 3 of your dps skills. If they gave us more dps skills like warriors we would be the perfect class... Maybe I should try staking haste on my ret and see how that works out.. But the best pvp class is looking like its going to be wizards(spell casters).

Yeah it seems our rotation is based upon having wings up, but once you have wings up your hammer is up so often you don't have time to use other spells and have to choose...

I agree, one more non holy power spell and we would be set, especially since partnering with a druid for symbiosis is useless as we get wrath which has a cast time and is therefor not viable for ret paladins...

I have to agree, I haven't found a 90 other than spriest that my 437 ilvl pve geared ret pally can't take on.

So far:

pure dps are dead and buried
    healers are god mode
    hybrids can't kill healers but can kill each other and can't loose against pure dps

Long story short: I am out of pvp

Regards

A sad warlock

ps: OT: Druids, Paladins, Shaman, Priests

Deleted
    shadow priest. king of 1v1 atm.

There was even this 87 priest attacking random people of equal level at quest locations, not being afraid he's gonna be owned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost mages, they own so hard all the people above forgot to mention them because it was so obvious they are still head and shoulders above everyone else - that people assume everyone knows that. So I'll be Captain Obvious on this one.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Shadowpriest and Fire/Frost mages... faceroll forever!

10+ Year Old Account
    I never died vs mage in 1x1 on my holy pala and never will, i think only non-experienced holy palas will die vs them who dont know about timing and kiting properly.

If you have 0 healers in BG and u are mage u still wont be winning. Holy paladins is immortal in open range pvp like bgs and world pvp if they know how to kite properly.

Only bad holy paladins qqing about mages

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    I never died vs mage in 1x1 on my holy pala and never will, i think only non-experienced holy palas will die vs them who dont know about timing and kiting properly.

If you have 0 healers in BG and u are mage u still wont be winning. Holy paladins is immortal in open range pvp like bgs and world pvp if they know how to kite properly.

Only bad holy paladins qqing about mages
    you mind linking your armory with a statement like that? there is just so much wrong with this post i dont even know where to begin...

HPally kiting a mage?
    open range pvp?
    1v1 dps vs. healer is balanced?
    0 healer BGs that still have a holy pally in them?

if you have above 1600 exp i will be AMAZED. do yourself a favor and just stop posting your opinion. you just make yourself look silly

Deleted
    Spriests and mages :P Go ahead fotmer :P ( No srsly, just play what you like in pvp and not what's strong. Like every beginning of the expansion something is strong then gets nerfed to the ground and sucks whole expansion. Warriors in cata for instance)

Edit: @Zenaur bashing the paladin dude. Well you've got a point. We're all thinking about higher rankings but if he's talking about some lower rating (which he obviously is) then you should not bash it mate.
    Last edited by mmoc5886693a05; 2012-10-01 at 05:32 AM.

Rets are strong as fuck.
    Mages and Warlocks are good, SPriests are godlike.
    RDruid best healer by far.
    Hi

Destro locks are also really really strong. I have the full crafted pvp set and was getting hit by chaos bolts for 200k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    Destro locks are also really really strong. I have the full crafted pvp set and was getting hit by chaos bolts for 200k
    Glad to hear this.

What about DKs? anyone tried them yet?
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Deleted
    Just to set a few things straight before someone fotm-s the wrong class.

Mages are strong, yes, however any hunter who is not retarded will kick a mage's ass. Hunters counter mages so hard, it's not even a fair fight.
    Ret paladins. They aren't really as OP as people think. They are the easiest target for a mage and also for a hunter. Monks boast they aren't finding rets particularly hard.
    Warlock...really ?! People say locks are OP ?! I'd say they are pretty average-strong but not OP in the least.
    Last edited by mmoc84d9519b9a; 2012-10-01 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    Read the tooltip CHAOS BOLT WILL ALWAYS BE A CRITICAL STRIKE..
    so i wonder how did u manage to get a "hit dmg of 200k?" ^^

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naeton View Post
    Glad to hear this.

What about DKs? anyone tried them yet?
    I have a dk. They are as bad as in cata, due to being very squishy and also having no cc unless you spec Asphyxiate but any dk worth a damn will not be choosing the stun over Death's Advance which is just too good not to take. Dks are particularly bad against warriors (wait till warlols stack damage cooldowns while dks have no way to run away, disable the warrior or pop any defensive cds (icebound fortitude is a joke)), frost mages, hunters who spec Clue (granted not that many), rogues (when rogues get buffed and they will) and obviously feral druids. A bad choice for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    I have a dk. They are as bad as in cata, due to being very squishy and also having no cc unless you spec Asphyxiate but any dk worth a damn will not be choosing the stun over Death's Advance which is just too good not to take. Dks are particularly bad against warriors (wait till warlols stack damage cooldowns while dks have no way to run away, disable the warrior or pop any defensive cds (icebound fortitude is a joke)), frost mages, hunters who spec Clue (granted not that many), rogues (when rogues get buffed and they will) and obviously feral druids. A bad choice for pvp.
    Thanks for the reply mate.
    I am still going to level my DK and pvp with him, I just love the class, maybe they'll get buffed?
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're playing WoW for serious PvP, you're going to have a bad time. Even GW2 which was released like a month ago has tons better class balance than this 8 yr old game in terms of PvP.

If you want true PvP, play a PvP game. This is an "amusement park" game, it has a bit of everything, but it's the master of nothing (well, I'll give raids to it. It's the best raiding game out there. But definitely not the best PvP game by any stretch of the imagination)
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

WoW pvp has almost never been worse. Arguably s5 was worse, but if you excluded paladins, deathknights and hunters, s5 was a pretty balanced season.

Stupid overpowered:
    Mages
    Spriests
    BM hunters
    Ret

Too strong:
    Destro locks
    Enhancement
    Warrior burst
    All healers except priests
    Hybrid healing

You should never, ever pick to play the FoTM class. You should always opt to play their hard counter.
    RETH