Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would say that Ret pala . is OP .
    selffheal = win , an the Anti CC = bonus in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Rupart View Post
    Hello,

I swapped to Monk as my first 90, and I hit it 2 days ago. Game has been fun so far!

I have an 85 of every other class, and am looking to make that my main PvP char (unless monk is godly in PvP).

My question is, what class is owning atm? I figure mage? Ret? If I leveled a second 85-90, what class/spec would you suspect would fair the best in bgs/arenas?

I really enjoy every class, so it is not a matter of fun. I would like to play the best class as of now.

Thanks!
    FOTM alert
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Doing bgs today, mages and warriors were just crushing everything it seemed, and I saw a fair amount of enhance shamans who were doing obscene damage with CDs up. Anytime I saw ascendance I ran.
    Sig thanks to Eis!

FC: 4570-9037-7577 IGN Michael

Spriest is ridiculous. Puts out crazy DPS with just DoTs alone, has crazy CC and self healing.

Right now they seem to be the most ridiculous by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    FOTM alert
    WoW PvP is all about playing whaterver class the devs want you to play this month. Nothing new here.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Really is disgusting that Mages will be the overpowered class for ANOTHER EXPANSION.
    You get what you pay for.

hunters are incredibly strong atm.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet this thread will be riddled with people complaining about Mages. It always happens on MMO-C. It seems like these people don't know how to PvP, or picked an immensely OP comp and got to a semi-high rating while cheesing shit.

Have you fought a warrior yet?

Deleted
    shadow priests

One of the crappiest classes right now? Windwalker monks. Super squishy, horrible self-healing, defensive cds are a joke, and god forbid you get rooted or slowed without roll or tiger lust up.

I pretty much have to blow all my cds, just to MAYBE kill another player (Before I get flamed, it's not a l2p issue, it's a class problem).

Oh well... Still going to play it and hope blizzard fixes it sometime within the next 4 seasons.

to OP:
    God-mode:
    Destro / demon lock
    Resto Druids
    Arms Warriors
    BM Hunters

Faceroll:
    Frost mage
    Spriest
    Ret pally

Did a bit of 3S
    Winner are definitly Warrior/Hunter/DK

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is pointless until people start getting malevolent gear.

Deleted
    IMO... Mages and Destrolocks are a bit Overpowered, talking about dps
    Talking about healers... It's our time, Resto Druids! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    This thread is pointless until people start getting malevolent gear.
    Yeah because overpowered classes are going to magically become weaker when they gain stats.

MMO-champion pvp section /facepalm

Deleted
    Its too early to say yet, but from my experience Ive had the hardest time dealing with shadow priests and frost mages.
    But everything is in the dark as of yet and Im still in the getting to know all the spells process. All in alls it feels like there is to much instant stuff, fear, stun, silence, root and slow effects in the game. Kinda like every class has everything right now.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's really too early to tell. You guys have like 40% resil and think warriors damage is far too high, you're probably right (even at my 58% resil), but still.

- As a frost dk, when I wasn't running the flag I doubled everyone else's damage, my sustained seems high and 150k obliterates seem like a bit much.
    - Frost mages seem a bit high, I can get bursted for like 400k in a deep freeze with frostbomb + frostbolt + ffb + fireblast. I'm fine with it, never lost a "duel".
    - Destro can do 200k chaos bolts, but that's really it. No one on my team got killed by a destro lock aside from the last 40%.
    - Warrior burst seems super high with every cd, super terrible with no cds. Not sure why blizzard doesn't understand what sustained means.
    - Boomkin is a bit above average in terms of dps, doesn't die very easily, when played right. Druid mobility...

The rest are middle of the road really, hunters can do amazing healing with pets and I think there is a pet exploit to have pets do like 100k dps, but aside from that, they're fine.

Rogues, Enh, Feral seem a bit under par, but never saw a good enh/feral. Glad rogues vs a glad dk really had no chance. Rogues are still in an ok place, they're wonderful support, damage is just not insane like it has been.

Healers are all fine, not super overpowered, Druid mobility takes them far over the top, druids run at like 200% speed in cheetah form, sort of ridiculous. Required to kill them in a stun. I'm fine with it. After druids, Shamans >> Paladins > Monks >> Priests from my views.

Really difficult to gauge bad specs / monks simply because there's not good people playing them. Haven't seen anyone of glad material play a monk yet. I should level mine.

I just finished my honor farm, went like 60-2, beat every premade, only lost to 600% speed feral druid (WTF), just the opinions of a 9x glad.

Why are people saying healers are unkillable? earlier I capped conquest with a friend, in every team we came against that had a healer, as a ret I could burst them fairly quickly, interrupting and stunning. We had most trouble with double dps teams, (we were also double dps).

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    FOTM alert
    You know i never could understand ppl trying to use this "FOTM" bullshit as an insult. Just another sheep following the herd. In wow the balance between OP and UP changes all the time... How can u blame someone for wanting to play a class that they can have fun with?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Ppl play this game for entertainment you know and there is NOTHING fun about playing an underpowered class. Thats why i personally have a max level char of every class and choose who will be my main each expansion based on the current conditions. You have to roll with the punches in wow. For some reason people delusionally think that because they play 1 class for the entirity of wow that they are something special. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Why are people saying healers are unkillable? earlier I capped conquest with a friend, in every team we came against that had a healer, as a ret I could burst them fairly quickly, interrupting and stunning. We had most trouble with double dps teams, (we were also double dps).
    Well for 1v1 situations, like a duel or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    You know i never could understand ppl trying to use this "FOTM" bullshit as an insult. Just another sheep following the herd. In wow the balance between OP and UP changes all the time... How can u blame someone for wanting to play a class that they can have fun with?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Ppl play this game for entertainment you know and there is NOTHING fun about playing an underpowered class. Thats why i personally have a max level char of every class and choose who will be my main each expansion based on the current conditions. You have to roll with the punches in wow. For some reason people delusionally think that because they play 1 class for the entirity of wow that they are something special. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    That's not true. at all. A class can be fun and still underpowered. Sure it gets frustrating when you get ROFLSTOMPED by some incredibly bad PvP'er because he is rolling the FOTM. In my opinion someone who needs the FOTM to actually win anything is bad

Ps, The best feeling is pwning the FOTM with the "underpowered" class of the season (imo).