Poll: Poll

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Draenei. They had to leave their home to crashland on another planet. How is that not bad?

Draenei

They lose their homeworld to Sargeras and the Legion they are then perused across the universe before landing on Draenor only for Kil'Jaeden to later find them and begin turning the Orcs against them slaughtering the majority of their population. If that's not enough they also devolved into the broken / lost one's, anyone remember this video, part of it shows the orcs attacking the temple and killing draenei :<

I would also suggest people read rise of the horde.

Draenei, I think anyone that knows lore can see why they've had it the worse. It sucks to not only lose you're home planet, you also almost go extinct in another, and watch that world get torn apart by the same thing that destroyed your own world, then you go to an another planet at watch the Burning Legion again trying to destroy the world.

I hope the next expansion is about the Burning Legion again, hopefully it focuses on Draenei kicking ass with Azuremyst being a thriving island or something. With Turalyon and Alleria supposdly returning it seems more likely. I'm sick of the old gods and the orc vs human thing.

It's awesome nobody voted Dwarf, but in reality they haven't had it that bad compared to everyone else.
    X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Personally, I think it's the Pandaren, during their earliest years they were slaves to the merciless Mogu and were tortured & worked to death, after barely winning their war for freedom they immediately got attacked by endless swarms of Mantid and continue to have to deal with their attacks every few decades, they had to break their homeland off the Kalimdor mainland after the Night Elves went insane, resulting in them being forced to maintain an emotionally balanced lifestyle or risk being destroyed by their own emotions via the Sha.
    And still they are uber friendly when you meet them, kudos Pandaren, kudos!

10+ Year Old Account
    When i first read the title i immediately thought draenei. Then i thought it through and it really is draenei.

Yeah, it has to be the Draenei. Being on the run for tens of thousands of years, losing the majority of their race for one reason or another (corruption due to Sargeras, or outright slaughter by the Orcs), and losing their own HOME PLANET...

Yeah, they've got it worst.

Draenei, with a close second being the Forsaken.

guys gnomes got slaughtered and got theyre capital taken by lepper lesser mutated gnomish humanoids green of lvl 30 ?

Being decieved or sufering from the burning legion , or from the lich king or some other villain is understandable . But lose everything to a half brained lepper gnome .

Well that is sad !

Deleted
    Gnomes. The City got overrun by bad guys, tried to fix it but it didn't work. Then we have to spend time with stinking and drunk dwarfs

Deleted
    The Trolls, because they were the rulers of the world and since their empires fell apart, they have been attacked like crazy ever since. Always loosing territory by some race going genocidal on them. Also, notice most raids n quests are about killing Trolls?..

Deleted
    Not Forsaken. They were alive once. They were just unfortunate to be killed by the Scourge, risen as minions, broke free and developed a society. It really was the humans who lost based on that account. They lost a whole kingdom, lots of land and people.

I'd go with the belves. Because this:
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    In my opinion, Blood Elf.

Abandoned by the humans, left to die against the scourge which then wipes out 90% of their race, before realising they developed a mana addiction that will kill them unless they drain other magical beings. After that, the humans see them as vile demon worshippers (even though they practically forced them into this route) and sentenced them to death. Oh, and then their beloved prince betrayed them to serve the very demon that made the scourge.

I know that the draenei went through a similar process and didn't rename themselves the blood-goats, but I still see the Blood Elven story as tragic.
    Besides my affection for WC3 makes me biased.

The reason I don't find the draenei story as tragic is because their story is boring and strange to me. Blizzard should really do something about that. Give them some love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon84 View Post
    Gnomes. The City got overrun by bad guys, tried to fix it but it didn't work.
    Aye the Gnomes actually have a surprisingly sad story given the races nature of friendly tinkerers.

draenei followed by pandaren.

draenei more or less have been getting kicked around the universe for the past couple millenniums, and many of them are old enough to of BEEN on argus before it fell.

pandaren more or less have a constant war against the mantid in which they surge over the wall once every generation and kill thousands, and they're constantly attacked by yaungol, and saurok.

and forsaken aren't a race, they're a subgroup of altered humans.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-10-04 at 11:23 AM.

Draenei take the cake.

Followed by Blood Elves, Humans ans Forsaken (those are tied together), and Gnomes. Seriously, don't forget that most of the Gnomish race were wiped out in Gnomeregan, and lots of them are still rotting down there. :/ And don't forget that the Gnomes were too humble to call the other Alliance races for help with Gnomeregan (because the Alliance was in a war back then)

"The gnomes served the Alliance well during the Second War. Strangely, they refused to send any personnel to aid their allies during the Burning Legion's recent invasion during the Third War. Though their designs helped turn the tide against the Legion, humans and Ironforge and Wildhammer dwarves were shocked by Gnomeregan's decision to withhold their courageous troops and pilots.

When the Third War ended, the Alliance discovered the reason for the gnomes' sudden withdrawal. Apparently, a barbaric menace — troggs — had risen from the bowels of the earth and invaded Gnomeregan. Knowing that their allies' priority was defeating the Burning Legion, the gnomes decided to make their stand alone against the troggs.

Though they fought valiantly to save their beloved city, Gnomeregan was lost and nearly eighty percent of the gnomish race was wiped out during its fall. The ragged survivors fled to the safety of Ironforge."

Last edited by Awbee; 2012-10-04 at 12:24 PM.

Draenei, no contest.

Hunted by the Burning Legion across the entire galaxy/universe/whatev and suffering pretty much everywhere.

And then they get ignored for like 2 straight expansions by Blizzard. Poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion... Forsakens and then Draneai, is true that the Draneai have been masacred many times but the Forsakens they were Masacred then tortured and then rejected by their people and family

Forsaken, no contest

while each race has had its ups and downs the forsaken have had it worse

even the name of the race tells you that they are outcasts and cursed

Every other race has suffered but the forsaken takes the cake

They are living undead mere zombies who only live just for vengance they dont feel anything it must be living hell to be a forsaken while the other races yes they have suffered in the past but them personally they dont suffer anything except maybe guilt what there forefathers did

Orcs were blood cursed but most of the orcs who did drank mannoroths blood are either dead or in retirement, The dranaei even though they have been hunted by the burning legion they do now live in relative peace, The blood elves even though there addiction almost destroyed them they have rekindled there sunwell and learnt to control there addiction

i could go on

The only race that truly does suffer is the forsaken they are walking rotten corpses only kept alive through spirit and vengeance

10+ Year Old Account
    That's tough, honestly I can't choose 1.
    The least saddening is Gnomes.
    Most Saddening are Orc and Draenei.
    in between are Pandaren, Human, and Undead.
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Draenei - 50 000 years of awfulness.

Refugees from their home, leaving behind the rest of their kind who'd joined the Burning Legion, then chased by the Legion for tens of thousands of years and are nearly wiped out repeatedly, find a nice planet and settle in then sudden genocide, escape and their ship is sabotaged and crashes leaving ~1000 of their people left having to start over again. With the exception of the period they spent on Draenor before the Orcs lost it their story seems to be basically unrelenting misery for an exceptionally long time.
    i agree with this.

the vast majority of their race was wiped out on draenor when the orcs were currupted. and the lucky were killed straight out. endless streams were tortured, women raped. even amongst survivors so many turned into the broken and the lost.

They're the one's who the legion has the hugest grudge against, given that the leaders and elite are the eradar, who take the existence and "betrayal" of the dreanai as a personal issue.

They saw everything on draenor, all the good, all their homes and their temples and beacons of light, currupted and torned down. What we saw when we came was what the naaru had come and set up.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-10-04 at 01:38 PM.

Draenei are the jews of wow (probably someone will think this is racist)
    Exodus, holocaust, etc it is a pretty sad history....