Deleted

Subterfuge, so badass!

Hi all, just to start off the post with i'd like to say that i'm a long time reader and a first time poster.

I've just come back to WoW after a 1 year break and decided to play my rogue which is now lvl 76. I've read up on the class regarding talents, rotations, specs etc. and ended up going assassination as my main PvP spec. Now the thing is, I've read so many places that subterfuge isn't worth it because we don't have the energy regen for it to be any good. I have to disagree here.
    I open with cheap shot -> ambush -> rupture (This could be switch with SnD - someone PLEASE tell me if it's better to SnD) -> garrote. All this is only possible with subterfuge and I think it's awesome..

Can someone please tell me why I shouldn't be doing this?
    If i'm against casters they sit in a 4.5 sec silence so even if i'm out of energy when i finish my opener they can't do anything and my dmg is still rolling..
    And if i'm against melee I can just kite them for a few sec with the inc. crippling from shiv or even go restealth and reopen.

Another thing I love about this talent is that I can use 3 openers on 3 different targets! ULTIMATE CONTROL!
    I can garrote/cheap shot 3*casters, keeping them unable to do anything for 4.5 sec EACH!

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless I'm severely mistaken, all the posts saying that it's not good have been for PvE, because it generally isn't great for PvE =)

Great to see people excited on the forums though!

Deleted
    Ahh yeah my bad..

Edit: So subterfuge is THE choice for pvp? If yes which opener do you guys go with?
    Last edited by mmoca0b076db3a; 2012-09-30 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aheh, there I can't really help you. In pvp I tend to fall under the "free kill" category >.> I'm not really sure why I'm so bad at it when I adjust quickly to raids and speedruns of dungeons or picking up a boss when the tank and healer are both dead... but it just doesn't click.

I'd guess your major options are CS and Garrote, since they're both some sort of CC, and I was reading some heated discussion (pre-5.0.4) about which is better to open with on a frost mage, so I'd guess the best answer is "both" for most opponents.

I think that subterfuge is the best choice in pvp except for certain situations where you need to burst off the opener as hard as possible.

My general purpose opener is something like: premed+SnD > garrote > pool energy > CS just as sub ends > pump backstabs.

If I already have SnD running, then I'll do: premed+garrote > ambush > evis > cheapshot, I'm not sure if this works at 90 though with our energy regen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I think that subterfuge is the best choice in pvp except for certain situations where you need to burst off the opener as hard as possible.

My general purpose opener is something like: premed+SnD > garrote > pool energy > CS just as sub ends > pump backstabs.

If I already have SnD running, then I'll do: premed+garrote > ambush > evis > cheapshot, I'm not sure if this works at 90 though with our energy regen.
    And if you were playing assassination, what would your opener look like?
    And what is ment by 'pool energy' and 'CS just as sub ends'? Whats sub?

10+ Year Old Account
    Presumably Subterfuge, from the thread title and in that post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you have Dirty Tricks, for me Shadow Focus is the way to go.

Cheap Shot (free) > Muti > Rupture > Muti > Muti (Maybe Dispatch with BS proc) > Gouge > Energy Regen > 5 cp Kidney and carry on.

Only possible with a free opener.