Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Holy Collectors Batman! Would you pay 15k for this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ULTRA-RAR...ht_5310wt_1031

Would you pay 15k for the entire set?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Deleted
    Nah, mostly because I don't like keeping things mint unless I plan on selling them on myself, which I guess was what the current owner was doing.

I like looking at the books, playing the CD's and checking out the cards with these, they wouldn't stay sealed for long making the 15k spent a waste.

Deleted
    You mean 15k gold ?

Nah too much for useless stuff.

When WoW was first released i thought about doing this and didnt for sake of lazyness, moneysafing what ever. If he can sell them for 15k ill cry :>

10+ Year Old Account
    15,000? Guy's trippin on acid. Hard. lol
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    i bought two

15k aussie dollars for some printed cardboard boxes, a few cd's of stuff I can get online (mostly for free) and some artbooks? Nah. And I'm that much into non-combat pets, so the 5~7 exclusive pets that come with the boxes aren't a selling point for me.

15k is excessive. Sure Vanilla, TBC and Wrath are rare now but MoP you can buy brand new for $100 at retail and ive seen cata on ebay between $150 - $250. There is no way in hell the other 3 xpacs are woth approx $5000 each!

i saw a vanilla CE on my local ebay for $2500 and i still think thats unrealistic

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Hell no. It's not worth anywhere near 15k. lol. That's absolutely ridiculous. Go to Ebay.com or Craigslist. The collector's editions of BC and Wrath are around 100-150 bucks, Cataclysm is 50 bucks and of course Mists is 60? Add that all up and that's maybe 500 at the most. The only one that's hard to find is the original. 15k, I'm still laughing. But hey, there are some stupid people out there and it only takes one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Hell no. It's not worth anywhere near 15k. lol. That's absolutely ridiculous. Go to Ebay.com or Craigslist. The collector's editions of BC and Wrath are around 100-150 bucks, Cataclysm is 50 bucks and of course Mists is 60? Add that all up and that's maybe 500 at the most. The only one that's hard to find is the original. 15k, I'm still laughing. But hey, there are some stupid people out there and it only takes one.
    "Arr, this guy is a collector dedicating the funds he's worked for on collecting stuff, he's clearly stupid".

Deleted
    15k? That seems very excessive.... Obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    "Arr, this guy is a collector dedicating the funds he's worked for on collecting stuff, he's clearly stupid".
    thats not what hes saying. he was saying you'd be stupid to pay $15000 for vanilla when in some cases you can get TBC, Wrath, Cata and MoP seperately for a fraction of the price. considering what you get in a CE that price isnt justified. couple of pets, a book, some cards, a dvd and game dvd, an achievement, music cd and mouse mat are not worth that much!
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2012-09-30 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    thats not what hes saying. he was saying you'd be stupid to pay $15000 for vanilla when in some cases you can get TBC, Wrath, Cata and MoP seperately for a fraction of the price. considering what you get in a CE that price isnt justified. couple of pets, a book, some cards, a dvd and game dvd, an achievement, music cd and mouse mat are not worth that much!
    Yeah but since I haven't seen a price for Vanilla CE suggests that the price of it is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I wouldn't even pay 1000.

But then, I'm no collector.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    15k is excessive. Sure Vanilla, TBC and Wrath are rare now but MoP you can buy brand new for $100 at retail and ive seen cata on ebay between $150 - $250. There is no way in hell the other 3 xpacs are worth approx $5000 each!

i saw a vanilla CE on my local ebay for $2500 and i still think thats unrealistic
    I browse eBay regularly looking for a good deal on the original box (it's the only one I don't have) and It's safe to say that in on the UK site, there's always CE's up for grabs, Vanilla through to Cata. The prices may be a bit iffy but they're still there, usually in decent quantities as well.

Dont forget the pets from each CE, the pets from vanilla CE are pretty rare and vanilla CE alone its what makes the best item of that pack, that being said 15k its too much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    15,000? Guy's trippin on acid. Hard. lol
    This, even if I had millions I wouldn't buy them.

This guy should try this again in about 10 years, when all of them are rare and not just two of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I already have all 5 so no need to spend for his/her mark-up.

On a side note the Vanilla CE's are going for $2000-2500 right now. The remaining are less and less. Hell I've seen Cata CE's for less than the price they were at release due to the sheer quantity of them.