Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    At this point I don't think it really matters because it will be Relic of Xuen(for the entire tier) + Searing Words(until you get a raid replacement.)

Deleted
    First dummy test of Xuan, the ICD feels more like 1 minute (or 55s) than the 45s thought, and the chance on crit feels very low. Either that or there are a bunch of spells it isnt proccing from.
    Last edited by mmoc89dd5782ca; 2012-10-07 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    For some reason my DPS with the same settings is like 1.5k off from before. Just gonna do a fresh.

All Trinkets are reforged to Crit, don't want to get funky results with reforging certain trinkets to meet hit/exp caps.

1st - DMC/JadeBandit - 62245.20
    2nd - DMC/ZenAlchStone - 62165.89
    3rd - DMC/SearingWords - 62103.42
    4th - DMC/WindSwept - 61765.79
    5th - ZenAlchStone/JadeBandit - 60615.14
    6th - SearingWords/Jade Bandit - 60549.81
    7th - SearingWords/ZenAlchStone - 60375.43
    8th - ZenAlchStone/WindSwept - 60126.82
    9th - WindSwept/JadeBandit - 60118.22
    10th - SearingWords/WindSwept - 60059.92

All based on my current gear, slightly below hit/exp caps. Full raid buff/debuffs/prepot, 7 minute fight, and 80 latency.

Seems like the Alchemy Trinket is pretty strong.

Which trinket is "DMC" ?

Also, right now, i have H Searing words, the one from Direbrew and a Zen alchemist stone... Whats the best combination of those 3?
    Last edited by Warrada; 2012-10-07 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Which trinket is "DMC" ?

Also, right now, i have Searing words, the one from Direbrew and a Zen alchemist stone... Whats the best combination of those 3?
    Darkmoon card. Relic of Xuan. And Searing words/Alchemist stone. Coren's is a pisspoor excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Which trinket is "DMC" ?

Also, right now, i have H Searing words, the one from Direbrew and a Zen alchemist stone... Whats the best combination of those 3?

always thought DMC stand for "DEVIL MAY CRY"

I love the combination of the Zen Alchemist Stone and Searing Words procs with an Agility Pot. Boom, 11.5k+ agility!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I love the combination of the Zen Alchemist Stone and Searing Words procs with an Agility Pot. Boom, 11.5k+ agility!
    kind of wish i was an alch now, engineers got screwed since wrath with glove tinkers putting on-use trinkets on cooldown qq

Deleted
    im using 2 procc trinkets either:2k ingi agi, 2k scope, 3k dmc, 3.4k searing words, 4k pot for pure awesomeness.

btw anyone else disappointed from dmc procc rate? i got 19% yesterday whereas searing words was around 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    im using 2 procc trinkets either:2k ingi agi, 2k scope, 3k dmc, 3.4k searing words, 4k pot for pure awesomeness.

btw anyone else disappointed from dmc procc rate? i got 19% yesterday whereas searing words was around 25%.
    Either the card is not working as advertised or me expecting it to go off within 5 seconds of its stated ICD is wrong.

Perhaps a bug report should be submitted?

Deleted
    well it has a 20% chance to procc off crits and i have only 26% crit (buffed). annoying but working as intended i guess.

Deleted
    The DMC seems to be shit in terms of proccing, at start of fight it just takes so long to proc, even though ur constantly critting on every hit.

Looking at my log from Feng last night- I had 7 procs from the relic over an 8 minute fight- that seems reasonable for an on-crit trinket proc with a 55 sec ICD.

Deleted
    probably you were lucky with 22% (which ist still below the expected 25%), maybe its just me waiting 30-45s for my trinket to procc usually it proccs when my rf/rf chain is over or even after that. guess we need soem more data.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    Looking at my log from Feng last night- I had 7 procs from the relic over an 8 minute fight- that seems reasonable for an on-crit trinket proc with a 55 sec ICD.
    I guess I just wish it was designed differently then. It doesn't proc when its ICD ends, which makes it difficult to time your CDs around it being up. And when it does proc, it only lasts for 15 seconds..... which is shorter than even stampede :<

OK here is what is not making sense. Searing Words procs off of crits and everyone says its the best. The coaster procs off of crits and everyone says its crap because it procs off of crits.

Are people actually testing this stuff or just pulling numbers out of the air our throwing darts at a list. PLease do not say you are using simcraft because i think a broken watch is correct more often then simcraft. I know stright attack power is not ideal.. but its over 10k AP searing words is just shy of 3400 agility. Agility is better, but 10k AP is nothing to sneeze at when both trinkets proc off the same crit (which they can)
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-10-09 at 04:40 PM.

Agility boosts crit and AP, which makes it better...

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 05:31 PM ----------

I won Bottle of Infinite stars last night (http://www.wowhead.com/item=86132/bo...infinite-stars) with a bonus roll after killing Elegon on 25, and have both the DMC trinket and Searing Words. When I check on female dwarf, there is only a tiny difference between DMC/Bottle and DMC/Searing (less than 50 dps in favor of DMC/Bottle).

This is quite surprising given their relative ilvls. In fact, the searing words proc is actually BIGGER and LONGER (although the Bottle proc in game tooltip shows about 3200 agi proc, not what is listed on wowhead, but is still smaller than the 3300+ of searing words, and at a 20 sec proc is shorter than Searing words 25 sec proc). The amount of secondary stat is somewhat higher on Bottle, but gives less crit when you reforge.

So my question is, WHAT THE HELL IS BLIZZARD THINKING??? A raid trinket 2 tiers higher than a heroic dungeon trinket is not a real upgrade? Am I missing something?

did you sim with correct reforges?

Swapping the trinkets doesn't affect hit/exp, so only reforge I did was turn some of the mastery on Bottle to Crit;

I do have to estimate stuff with the belt, as the belt I have isn't part of Female Dwarf's set (it is a 463 "Stormbrew Belt of the..." with a random enchant that I got from a scenario. I got hit and exp on the belt), so I mess with gems and reforge on belt to make sure I am over hit and exp caps (and relatively close to what I am live with those 2)

Here is my armory (not on Muradin anymore, obviously..): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amour/advanced
    (My reforges are rough at the moment because reforgelite not working well for me atm so I just made sure I was over for the time being).

Edit: Just redid the sim and got a difference of -46 dps by swapping out Bottle for Searing Words as BM and +46 as SV. So yeah...worthless upgrade for 2 tiers of ilvl.

Another edit: Just noted the proc on the tooltip for bottle of stars in Female Dwarf shows the 2500+ value for Agi, versus the 3200+ value that I see in the tooltip for the trinket in game...maybe this is not as bad as it is simming.
    Last edited by Namor of Muradin; 2012-10-09 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin View Post
    Another edit: Just noted the proc on the tooltip for bottle of stars in Female Dwarf shows the 2500+ value for Agi, versus the 3200+ value that I see in the tooltip for the trinket in game...maybe this is not as bad as it is simming.
    It seems some of the trinket procs don't report the correct data in data mining and you have to actually see them in game to get the correct numbers. I've updated my site so that the trinket proc is now based off 3236 agil instead of the amount shown on wowhead. I'm not sure if simc has the correct value- I'll doublecheck with Lokrick on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin View Post
    Agility boosts crit and AP, which makes it better...

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 05:31 PM ----------

I won Bottle of Infinite stars last night (http://www.wowhead.com/item=86132/bo...infinite-stars) with a bonus roll after killing Elegon on 25, and have both the DMC trinket and Searing Words. When I check on female dwarf, there is only a tiny difference between DMC/Bottle and DMC/Searing (less than 50 dps in favor of DMC/Bottle).

This is quite surprising given their relative ilvls. In fact, the searing words proc is actually BIGGER and LONGER (although the Bottle proc in game tooltip shows about 3200 agi proc, not what is listed on wowhead, but is still smaller than the 3300+ of searing words, and at a 20 sec proc is shorter than Searing words 25 sec proc). The amount of secondary stat is somewhat higher on Bottle, but gives less crit when you reforge.

So my question is, WHAT THE HELL IS BLIZZARD THINKING??? A raid trinket 2 tiers higher than a heroic dungeon trinket is not a real upgrade? Am I missing something?
    i am well aware that agi is better then AP.. however its still a truckton of AP. It definatly not the weakest trinket of the bunch, as so many want to make it out to be.

Searing Words = 7112 AP and 2.6% crit
    CCCCC= 10,848

Trading 2.6% crit for 3k AP...
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-10-10 at 04:58 AM.