Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    While HotW is great situationally it is a bit underwhelming as a 90 talent. I mean, it's your top tier talent... and aside from a boring stats boost (precisely the thing they said they wanted to eliminate), it's only useful in certain edge situations. Granted, those situations will happen more for cutting edge progression raiders, but for those of us not pushing the edge it's going to be used fairly rarely. When you need it, pop it and save the raid it will feel amazing. The other 95% of the time it's meh (I'm speaking as Balance/Resto). I do think giving melee a useful ranged spell for Atramedes style encounters is interesting... it just doesn't feel like an ultimate tier talent. But then none of them really do to me.
    Actually, I'd say the opposite - for people pushing progression raiding, a death in generally a wipe, so the novel uses for HotW are much more limited. For people going through Challenge modes for the first few times, on the other hand, HotW could easily be a group saver.

Deleted
    To do the panda heroic 5 mans meta it's awesome.
    All that deeps man ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renwin View Post
    And this is what the OP is missing here for this "useless talent." There are times where you may have to fulfill a different role within the dungeon/raid group you're in. Not every fight is a tank & spank and not every fight is about meters. You're going to be that feral druid that shoots wrath a bit when there are encounters with mechanics that favors ranged attacks. And like Samania mentioned, the other two depending on the situation. You can't quick to judge by what you see. Just try it out before you call it bad.
    Yorsajh-when the mana void is out and as boomkin you were completely useless save for the few MF you could get off from combat regen. HOTW on a purple phase with void is raid saving. Would have loved to be able to pop kitty and kill orbs faster. I doubt that is the last time they use the mana-stealing mechanic in raiding.
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

We only need a (or a spree) world first abusing a HotW rotation to have this talent be neutered (probably replaced) for the reason, that they "wanted to get rid of passive stat boosts, and found out, that most take HotW for 6% stamina/int/agi".

And those occasional uses you see in heroics? Well, probably because they're not hard anyway and either someones was sleeping or there's just no damage going around.

Deleted
    If this existed for Ragnaros heroic P3, it would've been a lot of easier back then

Quote Originally Posted by Krit View Post
    Yorsajh-when the mana void is out and as boomkin you were completely useless save for the few MF you could get off from combat regen. HOTW on a purple phase with void is raid saving. Would have loved to be able to pop kitty and kill orbs faster. I doubt that is the last time they use the mana-stealing mechanic in raiding.
    Indeed, I think I can come up with a decent HotW use on just about every fight in DS (not even counting the passive bonus), although I wouldn't argue it's always optimal. I think people are really underestimating how powerful it is to be able to add what amounts to a full extra healer or DPSer is.

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    We only need a (or a spree) world first abusing a HotW rotation to have this talent be neutered (probably replaced) for the reason, that they "wanted to get rid of passive stat boosts, and found out, that most take HotW for 6% stamina/int/agi".
    I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    And those occasional uses you see in heroics? Well, probably because they're not hard anyway and either someones was sleeping or there's just no damage going around.
    This seems quite strong for challenge modes though, which are really what we should be talking about as difficult 5-mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Indeed, I think I can come up with a decent HotW use on just about every fight in DS (not even counting the passive bonus), although I wouldn't argue it's always optimal. I think people are really underestimating how powerful it is to be able to add what amounts to a full extra healer or DPSer is.
    Indeed not always optimal, but on a per fight basis, this is a talent I could see us switching to on particular fights where it would be a huge benefit to us. That why I absolutely love the new talent system and the flexibility it gives us.
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Krit View Post
    Indeed not always optimal, but on a per fight basis, this is a talent I could see us switching to on particular fights where it would be a huge benefit to us. That why I absolutely love the new talent system and the flexibility it gives us.
    I couldn't agree more. The passive bonus is sufficient that I don't have to feel like I'm gimping my DPS with something that may or may not be useful, and it'll occasionally be amazing. I can think of a lot of really shiny uses for it. A double power Tranq from a Boomkin is great, a healer kicking in burst DPS when it's needed most is great, being able to have an extra tank for certain situations where a brief swap is needed, and so many more. Really, it's great for pre-planned tactics and emergency situations. And, again, back to the passive bonus... it's enough that even if I never have to hit HotW in a given fight, I won't be that far behind NV users.

To be honest, I still expect to use NV more often, but I think HotW is a great and creative talent with some killer potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    6% stamina and agility makes it almost mandatory for guardians, and being able to more effectively DPS on a tank swap mechanic isn't a bad thing.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2012-09-30 at 11:54 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Actually, I'd say the opposite - for people pushing progression raiding, a death in generally a wipe, so the novel uses for HotW are much more limited. For people going through Challenge modes for the first few times, on the other hand, HotW could easily be a group saver.
    for people pushing progression raiding 45 seconds of an extra healer is probably one of the most op thing you can give us.

Deleted
    60k dps as resto says hi

Deleted
    Im using it as feral and im outdpsing most casters with just wrathspam :] and i got loads of mastery that gives 0 to help wrath so think i could do alot more with haste/crit instead

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    for people pushing progression raiding 45 seconds of an extra healer is probably one of the most op thing you can give us.
    This is valid as well, my mistake. Any fight that calls for massive healing and doesn't have a tight enrage timer will love a DPS Druid with MotW. The good news is that this doesn't mean it's not super valuable for less progression oriented players working their way through Challenge modes!

Deleted
    I absolutely love this talent, despite it's long cooldown. I'll point out some reasons why with application in PvP and PvE for the narrow minded people from the perspective of a Feral druid.

PvP:
    - Using it basically makes you unkillable 1v1 and even against 2-3 people. Rejuv can crit heal for 50k, NS + HT can crit heal for 250k.
    - Another good use is now Wrath does a MASSIVE amount of damage, I've average 140k crits on full Contender gear players. I've actually hugely out damaged other ranged classes with this by just spamming Wrath.
    - Shifting into bear form with rRjuv basically makes you a raid boss once again. You won't be dying against melee anymore.

PvE:
    - A raid cooldown for healing. If you can spare DPS or be forced to survive a high damage phase, this will outheal any other healer capability simply by spamming your Rejuv on everyone.
    - I've found that slapping all bleeds up and using this followed by Wrath spam, I've noticed it being a decent DPS increase, not much but still useful, especially against ranged favored encounters.
    - Shifting into bear can provide the group a 45 second backup tank. Prevents wipes and stress on healers.

All this and not to mention a good, solid DPS and survivability boost.

DoC is still going to be a DPS increase for both good players and on favorable fights where you can tunnel more efficiently but not for all.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2012-10-01 at 04:45 AM.

it's a remnant of 5 years ago when hybrids were hybrids

back when wow was still an MMORPG

It sounds pretty good to me as Feral, in fact I wish the cooldown was a little shorter. The switch to tanking option will not be that useful in 5 mans unless you have a BR for the tank but in Raids that aspect will be quite useful. Remember all those bosses where melee twiddle their thumbs while only the ranged could DPS, well now you can DPS too. I hadn't heard the 6% was not working, pretty huge bug to make it into release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in later Beta in season 12 gear as resto i had 250-270k crits with FBs on NPCs and something around 180k to players, note this was in Full season 12 Epic gear. as far as i know this talent hasnt been nerfed/buffed since then so i expect to get same results on live (in similar gear).

Also wraths did 200k crits as well on NPCs while talent is active.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

15+ Year Old Account
    i would defently like the talent as a tank to cast rejuvenations, and as a cat its still great todo some ranged dps sometimes when standing in melee is to danagerus (like to much shit on the floor or whirlwinds and such)

so i personaly realy like the talent
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    reju in bear form? hello? Am i going through to poster? hello increased stats? hello, are you really that narrow sighted?

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    60k dps as resto says hi
    I really laughed at the title of this topic, because when I did some heroics I thought OMG is this talent OP, especially for challenge runs. It's funny when you're #1 dps in a boss-fight as a healer, while healing. This can save a lot of time in challenge modes.

However, I guess the talent will be nerfed soon. This is just OP.