Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Well .. i chose it as a resto cuz of the 6% ... Don't see the point in the middle talent for a rest odrood, but the third one is a very good 3min cd for periods where u need a lot of healing. So as a resto, i decide weather i want a constant spell power boost of 6% .. or a 20% boost for 30sec. Ill probably go 6% for dungeons and 20% for raids.

I love this talent, have it in both my feral and guard spec.

However thinking of switching feral to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    Well .. i chose it as a resto cuz of the 6% ... Don't see the point in the middle talent for a rest odrood, but the third one is a very good 3min cd for periods where u need a lot of healing. So as a resto, i decide weather i want a constant spell power boost of 6% .. or a 20% boost for 30sec. Ill probably go 6% for dungeons and 20% for raids.
    Same, but won't switch unless for a particular raid boss there are spikes that it really proves useful. Otherwise the constant stat boost seems best to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    Are you fucking dumb? Its the only useful talent as a tank, because of the 6% increased stats, and when you are not tanking, you can do whatever you wanna do
    How is NV useless? Your heal yourself with it.

6% is always a good thing. I have yet to play around with it though. So im guessing Hotw is the way to go now?

the passive 6% int for resto druids are nice, and when you don't really need to heal or there is a burn phase, I think pulling 40k+ dps as a resto druid with hotw up is kinda good
    but obviously if its a healing intensive fight, nature's vigil is probably the better route

Deleted
    well you are saying that is useless. I find in that the love that i had for my druid again, being able to do something that is not my main specialization feels like playing an hybrid again. Let s make just some example:
    PVE_how many times you wiped at 1% for tanks dying and no1 able to keep the damage? how many bosses has some phase that can be hitted only by casters or some fights with heavy damage phase that lasts maybe 30 seconds? pop Hotw and do others job! Feel free to spam that in raid (joking XD)

PVP_Oh look, you are in a 3 dps team, pop Hotw and you got a nice healer and 2 dps for 45 seconds. You re targeting that dk at 10% hp and he pops up AMS or AMZ? feel free to pop Hotw and melee him down! you are in 2s and you are dying while you re healer is on cc? good! pop hotw and save your asss!

well, this are only few (but really 2% or somewhat like that) exhamples of the uses that Hotw can have. You can simply say that you don t like the talent because you want to do your job and not others, but you can t say that is useless. I would pick that 100 times instead of a boring cd that every 3 minutes give you a 20% damage increase, yes, maybe it can be more dps for me, but i prefer something that can involve a choice that can be REALLY usefull vs a boring cd that you macro with incarnation or celestial.

EDIT:
    obviously i m not saying that Hotw is the best and the other are shitty, probably you re going to switch the different talents looking at boss strategy, i m saying that for me Hotw is really a cool talent and i wouldn t call it useless!
    Last edited by mmocf6aa09510b; 2012-10-01 at 09:44 PM.

I see this talent being incredible in pvp.. I can open as feral and hit 200k feracious bites. It is really op and will be very useful when your teammates decide to burst on someone(you can actually kill anyone alone with this talent)
    I also find myself at the top of the dps at random dungs.. its not going to be the same for boss fights tho.
    The %6 stat bonus is very useful btw.

Only really saw one other person mention this, but HotW as Guardian is amazing for Rejuv blanketing. Since the majority of our rage comes from auto-attacks anyways, we could technically spend all of our GCDs on Rejuv blanketing and pop SD/FR on ourselves as needed. It's powerful enough that I just tell our healer to DPS on boss fights when the CD is available. Even in a pug group, I'm sure we don't trust the members as much as we would our guildmates and friends... so when you see a pug healer struggling, be a pal and help them out with HotW.

There has been some mention of the Wrath damage, and it is pretty stellar as Guardian. I've been able to get up to 220k Wrath crits thus far, and I'm not in full 463's yet (yay for plate every drop...). Ironically, going kitty under HotW as Guardian is actually pretty poor damage.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not see any bug getting 6% from HotW.. at least as balance/intellect. HotW also sims higher than NV for most applications, so it's not worthless. Whether you decide to use the hybrid ability is up to you, but it doubles your healing. A HotW+NS Healing Touch or Tranquility is pretty damn insane.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marnold2012 View Post
    I dont understand why anyone would want to spec for it. It gives you a huge boost for other specs you are not specced for?

Why on Earth if I was Feral would I spec into it, then use it and then shapeshift and start spamming wrath? Maybe I am missing something and would love for someone to make me understand this.

I don't care if wrath crits for 200k as feral under HOTW. It just makes no sense as to why I would be sitting there spamming wrath as a FERAL druid? Someone explain to me the purpose of this useless talent?
    lets see , a boss or adds that fly and you cannot reach as melee ? a boss or add that does a whirlwind in which you can't stand ? or maybe one of those wll stand in shit that will kill you and as melee you couldnt do crap except now you can pop hotw and do some dps ....
    or as other rolls ofc , the tank dies at 1% , you just saved the day by popping hotw and going bear , or all healers died and again you can save the day by spamming some heals.
    iNot to mention it's many uses in pvp ofc.
    But guess all of that is useless ....
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-10-02 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a balance druid I definitely don't find it useless, though I wont be using it too much in a dungeon environment. Scenarios, BG's and raids (particularly progression raids) I can definitely see utilizing it. The passive bonus is great too, though ultimately I think I prefer nature's vigil.

Deleted
    Passive main stat. As Balance this let me solo the last 20% and the 2nd phase of the first boss in Scholo HEROIC after the group failed at fire walls. It's a great talent for it's intended purpose. Although I can see why Guardian and Ferals pretty much hate the last tier of talents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Guardian and Ferals pretty much hate the last tier of talents.
    ¿Sup? i love it :P

It is an interesting spell for sure, and its great for healers that might want to DPS during a boss fight. I know I've used it on several occasions in heroics that were really easy. I wouldn't say its useless, but our level 90 talents are pretty underwhelming at the moment. Nature's Vigil is just a 3 minute power increase that has a little bit of healing or damage tied to it and Dream of Cenarius is really only useful when soloing except you can't use it while leveling.

15+ Year Old Account
    as a feral i might say i dont like the last tier of talents becase i should take dream of cenarius but then the rotation get a bit complicated,
    however mark of the wild is a verry good 2nd option, witch i took, and i love saving pugs with it
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-10-02 at 07:30 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    during raiding beta testing i used Hotw a few times for a boosted tranq that was just as powerful as a normal resto druids, cant be a bad thing.

uhm.. "Increases Stamina, Agility, and Intellect by 6% at all times."?

Also, let me give you some examples:
    You are a tank. At the moment you don't have to tank for some reason.
    Case 1: OMG WE NEED HEAL! No problem for superbear.
    Case 2: OMG WE NEED MORE DPS! No problem for superbear.

You're a heal.
    Case 1: OMG WE NEED MORE DPS! No problem for supertree.
    Case 2: OMG SOMEBODY HAS TO TANK THE BOSS! No problem for supertree.

You're a dd.
    Case 1: OMG WE NEED HEAL! No problem for supercat/supermoonkin
    Case 2: OMG SOMEBODY HAS TO TANK THE BOSS! No problem for supercat/supermoonkin

As you can see, there are many possibilities to use this spell.
    Accept the facts.

Deleted
    The 6% increase is great as chicken, but if you don't use it to save your group via super heals/tanking you can switch to cat

I noticed a significant dps increase when I keep up MF/SF then switch to cat, rake, mangle to 5 CP's and FB with a bit of extra energy, which you have to wait for of course, then re-apply MF/SF and repeat

Doing that after incarnation and celestial has been a noticeable dps increase for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    uhm.. "Increases Stamina, Agility, and Intellect by 6% at all times."?

Also, let me give you some examples:
    You are a tank. At the moment you don't have to tank for some reason.
    Case 1: OMG WE NEED HEAL! No problem for superbear.
    Case 2: OMG WE NEED MORE DPS! No problem for superbear.

You're a heal.
    Case 1: OMG WE NEED MORE DPS! No problem for supertree.
    Case 2: OMG SOMEBODY HAS TO TANK THE BOSS! No problem for supertree.

You're a dd.
    Case 1: OMG WE NEED HEAL! No problem for supercat/supermoonkin
    Case 2: OMG SOMEBODY HAS TO TANK THE BOSS! No problem for supercat/supermoonkin

As you can see, there are many possibilities to use this spell.
    Accept the facts.
    AHhahahhahah
    i m telling you, from now on, i am macroing a yell ''supermoonkin can do that!'' after reading this xD that made me laugh, i imagined the scene xD