Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mindblowing Facts

Hai, I'm bored and I wanna know some mind-blowing facts about anything and everything.
    What I can think of rich now:
    Penguins have an organ that can convert salt to fresh water.
    The universe is 15 billion years old and we can see back in time when it was just 500,000 years old.

To the trolls:
    I can be kinda gullible btw so go easy on me.

http://did-you-kno.tumblr.com/

That should help you have alil fun on your quest for interesting facts. Almost all of them have a reliable source, but I've caught a few they have neglected to make a source for. By the By where is your avatar from? Feel like its from a "scary" movie I saw a lil bit ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakan View Post

That should help you have alil fun on your quest for interesting facts. Almost all of them have a reliable source, but I've caught a few they have neglected to make a source for. By the By where is your avatar from? Feel like its from a "scary" movie I saw a lil bit ago.
    The first one is disgusting!

LOL - Second one! :P

Fourth one is serious? Are you joking me?
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-09-30 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Did you know Diarrhea kills more people world wide than war and violent crime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see....

If you plotted all of time out as a calendar spanning from 12:01:01 am January 1st to 11:59:59 pm December 31st, the entire history of human civilization would occur in the last 10 seconds before midnight.

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 07:08 PM ----------

Here's another one: you can compare species by looking at similarities in genetics. While most people know that chimps and humans share about 96% of the same genes few people know that we share about 50% of our genes with bananas.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

This is a trivia that I thought was interesting, but is probably too trivial to blow any mind

- The wealthy medieval English nobel, Gilbert de Clare, died without heir in 1314. His wife Matilda pretended to be pregnant for three full years afterwards.

- Gilbert's female family members were particularly targetted for abductions, especially since his death left his sisters unfortunate co-heir to vast land holdings - which caused them to be repeatedly kidnapped by much poorer "knights" seeking a quick fortune. Joan de Clare was kidnapped in 1299. Elizabeth was abducted in 1316. Eleanor was abducted in 1329 by her late husband's captor. Margaret daughter, also called Margaret, was abducted in 1336.

- Speaking of kidnappings, Alice de Lacy was kidnapped for marriage in 1317. When his kidnapper died, she was abducted and raped again in 1336 (when she's in her 50s...). Then in 1337 one of her former husband's nephews conducted a home invasion and locked her up, apparently to steal some stuff he was going to inherit anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan View Post

The third picture is so true. *.*

In the observable universe, there is roughly 2 nonillion Earths worth of mass.

The Earth's single moon is the exact distance and exact size it needs to be to completely cover the sun... perfectly to block out its light during an eclipse. A little bigger or a little smaller, a little further away or a little closer and the event would look totally different. Other planets in our solar system don't have moons like this - but that is only speculation from what I have read, since no one has been on the surface of another planet to see it. But through math they have figured out that moons pass over the suns path to the planet - but nothing is quite like Earth's moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Male dolphins rape other males to show dominance... really messed up stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Male dolphins rape other males to show dominance... really messed up stuff.
    There are also gangs of male dolphins that roam the ocean and they will grab any humans they find, take them to under water caves and rape them repeatedly. Many people die this way every year from being battered or drowning.

The Turritopsis Nutricula, a species of jellyfish, can age backwards and revert back to its polyp stage when it is getting too old which makes it immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    It's not really uncommon for several species of ducks to participate in necrophilia. So yeah......

Mirrors are a tint of green.
    We perceive things 80ms after they happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vending machines cause more deaths than sharks each year
    Saudi arabia imports sand and camels from Australia
    what most people would call a Golem is actually a Grostesque
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Saudi arabia imports sand and camels from Australia
    what most people would call a Golem is actually a Grostesque
    Mind on elaborating on that third fact? I would think that would differ between various fantasy settings. A D&D Golem is different from a Warcraft Golem or a Dragon Age Golem, just to use some examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Somewhat misleading. Most people would take that to mean that vending machines are remorseless killers. But the truth is, is that sharks don't kill as many people as people think. This list only shows two in the U.S. since 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Somewhat misleading. Most people would take that to mean that vending machines are remorseless killers. But the truth is, is that sharks don't kill as many people as people think. This list only shows two in the U.S. since 2010.
    Hmmmmm I don't know. That Coca-Cola machine down the street seems to always has it's eerie eyes on me whenever I come by. Always loitering in front of that store and looming nearby. I think it might be part of a local cholo gang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, vending machines are bad gangsters they take your money and if you try to fight back and get what you paid for they just drop you dead flat on the floor.

Deleted
    So... Dolphins rape human females.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jareq View Post
    So... Dolphins rape human females.
    not just human females, they rape male dolphins, female dolphins, male humans, and anything that looks rapeable, when I started looking into it and some people said they also raped fish but idk how true that is. And they also kill smaller dolphins and play soccer using their corpse as a ball. I cant look at a dolphin the same way I did before, the only way Ill swim with the dolphins in Seaworld is if they are all female dolphins cuz young males are really fked up.