Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arska7 View Post
    People are thinking that they're special and real masters of WoW because they started on Vanilla. But TBH you're just old and mean people who are jealous of younger and better generation.
    Reminiscing about old experiences and adventures is not bragging about being special or claiming to be "masters of WoW." It's just a pleasant trip down memory lane. There's no reason to be preemptively defensive; no one -- even other classic players -- would take a person seriously who implied they were superior just because they started playing earlier.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by alikyu View Post
    I believe the Stratholme, Scholomance, and Upper and Lower Blackrock Spire were 15-mans. WoW didn't believe in 10-mans at the time, because they felt 10-mans left people with little choice as to who to bring, due to each class having their own unique buff.
    Everything was 40-man at first. In patch 1.3, they capped everything at 10 (except UBRS, which was 15); in 1.10, they capped the dungeons at 5 (and 10 for UBRS). Again, though, despite being able to take that many players in, they were always designed for 5 players (10 for UBRS); that's why all the quests were flagged as Dungeon instead of Raid.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, the run from Kargath. Also farming Nature resist for Huhu, such a pain that was. Farming mauradon for the little bauble things that gave resist. I think there was some nature resist stuff on one of the world dragons as well IIRC.

The WALL that was the Twin Emps. We never got it. I remember stopping there and then going to Instructor when Naxx came out. I was on a crappy server at the time and although they are incredible memories, we were pretty behind as far as progression. We hadn't really even gotten started in Naxx before BC was announced and everybody quit playing in anticipation. That was pretty much the end of trying anything in Naxx any more.

My arcanite reaper. My main is a lock now since BC, but before that my passion was tanking on my warrior.

I was in college when WOW came out and me and my friends were huge fans of WC3 so this was an epic announcement. I quit playing shortly after it released because I had a new girlfriend, but my friends kept playing and leveling. I remember the first time my friend was telling me about molten core and 40 people going in and downing bosses. This was my first MMO and I remember the feeling that a game like this existed was just so awesome to me. I immediately started playing again. Me and that girl didn't work out, haha.

Scholo 10 man?

Huh?

We 40 manned that and spent DKP on blues!

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone had Thuderfury, you bowed at there presence & envyed them.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla players are not superior players in terms of skill, I my self have been playing since Vanilla beta. However, there is a certain something to Vanilla players and for the most part they all know each other on the servers. I guess it might say it is a certain flare of respect and they tend to be the nicer people that will explain flights, offer advice, share information. I suppose that is becuse we are a throw back to a time when community met something. I will go so far as to include BC players as well. However wrath babies to now are typicaly some of the most obnoxious uncaring, give me my gear now, epeen fuled people around. Sadly this has become the face of wow..that said..

You played Vanilla if you know what "Froers compendium of dragon slaying" does..

GIVE US SWIRLY BALL, OR GIVE US DEATH!

i

Deleted
    Bugged copper veins. Oh yes.

2% crit trinket!

And more importantly: if your sense of nostalgia exists within the context of nostalgia and not as a desire to return to the harsh grind world of warcraft with all of its buggy nooks and crannies.

And also: if you spent most of the time fitting in school with wow's ludicrous pvp system and after quitting/breaking, finally got Grand Marshal on literally the very last Tuesday before the PVP patch years later. \o/ (Not much of the raiding memories for me.)

It's called vanilla because you down the raw vanilla stalks until all you can taste is just something resembling numb spice on your tongue.
    Last edited by mmoc351f689842; 2012-10-03 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    When someone had Thuderfury, you bowed at there presence & envyed them.
    I still do that. that you talking about?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    I did a 23 man scholo at one point. They were all available for 40s at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Everything was 40-man at first. In patch 1.3, they capped everything at 10 (except UBRS, which was 15); in 1.10, they capped the dungeons at 5 (and 10 for UBRS). Again, though, despite being able to take that many players in, they were always designed for 5 players (10 for UBRS); that's why all the quests were flagged as Dungeon instead of Raid.
    I guess you could consider it a bug that it was 40 man at first then? Never heard of this before actually, so it could not have lasted very long, that's for sure.

I guess some technology concering instance access went haywire.

Deleted
    Trying to make every tank/warlock target the right add on Garr in the time before target markers.

When you played warrior who went beast when enraged, due to 40% damage increase.
    When you constantly got one shot by mages double-trinketing for insane damage.

1 shotting people with Death Ray, mages with Spell reflectors. Being an engineer in vanilla on my rogue was baws.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only do/know 95% of those, I joined during AQ. Does that make me qualify?
    Howay the lads!

you can tell if u the other person played vanilla if you kill them and it doesnt say private.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

If you remember beeing able to run and bandage.

You can remember a time when Kung fu panda was only a crappy movie and not a new wow character.

two words: RECKONING BOMB!

you know you played vanilla when your 40 man guild raid all in green gear went do do onyxia the first day she launched..
    the first 2 mobs we came across in the tunnels wiped the whole raid..and we werent sure if they were onyxia or not:-p

you are vanilla if you recall the alternative to thottbot - allakhazam!

also as a rogue after 52(or 54 not sure) if you wanted a good set you HAD to farm the fucking POISON elementals in felwood. BY FAR, the most hated mob by me since I have started WoW.

Rogue + broken vanish + no money for vendor food(since saving for mount and set, cant afford any other expenses) + low health/dmg + random 55+ allys killing you cause you couldn't stop farming else you'll never make it for a mount + set..................

SWIRLYBALL, you ARE missed!