Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Oh i forgot

1. Windfury one-shots
    2. Recklessness 100% crit chance for 12 seconds
    3. 30/60 minute raid cool-downs
    There is no way anyone would remember this, because using the skill meant not having shield wall for another thirty minutes.

When i think about it. There were some for rogues aswell and hunters if not misaken. Was is eviscerate. Although you learned that fom the trainer later but you could get a higher rank at earlier point if not mistaken. for hunters I think it was arcane shot, but not 100% sure here.
    Tranq shot was a hunter tome as well.

Ontopic: Never wanting to go back is a good sign of having played vanilla.
    Example- How did you get flasks?
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2012-10-01 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I get the feeling that you guys thinkg, that vanilla players have more benefits, and because of that they started the game early they are more important then other players. That's just trashtalking. If you're vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata or MOP player, you're the same and stop making it sound like a brag. I played WoW since closed, final and release and yet I don't feel I'm worth or supposed to be more knowing than the new MoP players. This thread sounds more of a brag
    They are more important. And so are you.

If you played vanilla, you knew what a Thorium Widget was even if you weren't an Engineer. Most likely you've bought an overpriced one off the AH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    If you played vanilla, you knew what a Thorium Widget was even if you weren't an Engineer. Most likely you've bought an overpriced one off the AH!
    Tribute runs ftw! \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    You played vanilla if you summoned the ice lord in alterac valley.
    You played vanilla if you remember people leaving your MC and BWL raids because their AV queue popped. (Queue was HOURS long, and the games were DAYS long each)

You played vanilla if you played a warlock pre-death coil.

You spammed Rank 1 Shadow Word:Pain to get Blackout Procs

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    The best way to find out if someone played WoW in vanilla/launch:

They hate WoW now.
    Still playing, still enjoying.

I still remember that heart dropping moment when you've just formed your UBRS raid and you realise no one has the key. Or you finally get to Drak and the hunter says he doesn't understand what you mean by "Kite him to the beast's room... and back if you're good, dying is fine so long as you get that far though."
    See all, Hear all, Record all.
    ~Still Playing since Open Beta~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You'll have to explain this one to me; I don't remember it at all. Was it needed for a quest or something?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You played vanilla if you remember Enh. shaman used to use two handed weapons

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 05:42 PM ----------

you played vanilla if you did the 40min baron run
    Last edited by Lethey Alexandros; 2012-10-01 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You'll have to explain this one to me; I don't remember it at all. Was it needed for a quest or something?
    If I'm not mistaken, it was used for Dire Maul Tribute runs. There was a way to skip each boss except the last one to increase the loot you received at the end. I believe the Thorium Widget was used to activate the trap to freeze one of the ogre bosses, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

As for me, you know you've played vanilla when you get great nostalgic feelings about things mentioned in this thread, but think the game is much better off now since things are no longer the way they used to be.

-Judge

10+ Year Old Account
    If you got a piece of T2 in Molten Core (and it wasn't the pants from Ragnaros).

If you had a PvP rank title in TBC, Wrath.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

You played vanilla if you quest in AV
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If you got a piece of T2 in Molten Core (and it wasn't the pants from Ragnaros).

If you had a PvP rank title in TBC, Wrath.
    One of our mages got his T2 shoulders off Magmadar. He nearly shat himself.

If you remember the crazy turban of Jihad that was priest T2 helm at launch :x

Deleted
    When warlocks had the most awesome questline ever.

Dreadsteed of Xoroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    When Rets one shot people with reckoning
    When shadowpriests blackout was the gayest thing ever
    when running 15 man ubers was fun
    when skinning the beast in ubers had a chance to give you that pristine skin thingie that you could use to make that mage head piece...
    when scholomance had that purple chest that had like a .000000001% chance to drop
    when people acutally summoned lhok delar in av and it took like days to beat it it was a war
    Actually... reckoning bombs were protection...

15+ Year Old Account
    If you read through this subject and right after went to your old photobucket account and looked at pictures like the following you were a vanilla player!

*that wierd point where I was horde :O

Aww yea... craptastic UI's!

Gnome invasion!

Outdoor booses.... they existed as progress!

If you were a mage you had cryolisis and you had all your managems ready for each boss pull!

Deleted
    ... when bosses had only 8 debuff slots for a whole freaking 40 man raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You know you played vanilla when you can remember the name of a Grand Marshal from your server 7 years later.
    I haven't played on Al'akir EU since a good bit before Naxx40 release, yet I can still remember the name of the server's first High Warlord and Scarab Lord: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Lylz/simple

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You played Vanilla, when you got a quest in Darkshore that sent you from Auberdine to Ironforge... Easy deal.... ain't it.

The route:
    Auberdine --> Menethil Harbor by boat
    Menethil Harbor ---> Dun Algaz all the way through Wetlands by foot.. You would know every croc on the side of the road by it's first name. because they all wanted to have you for a snack. You were level 16, they were level 20 - 22.
    Dun Algaz ---> Dun Morogh. Trying to get past the damn orc bandits who basically blocked the way through the pass, and were also level 20 - 22.
    Dun Morogh ---> Ironforge. When you finally arrived in IF, like 45 min to an hour after you took off in Auberdine, and you didn't die more than 3 times, you felt epic!!
    Haha, I had totally forgot about that run. So tidious, but so nostalgic! My heart was beating quite fast running that route.