Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    if you were ganked 1000500 times in Hilsbrad Foothils
    if you remember silly hunter's talent +1 min for eye of the beast :/
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still remember the warlock's doom guard required 5 people to summon him, and someone had to die. Later they changed it that 1 person lost a lot of health but didn't die and still required the summon altar. then they just made it a summon.
    which sucked. who didn't like to play Russian roulette to summon a demon.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Thats the thing where you could run as your pet? Miss that
    "Earth can be shaped molded... you cannot you are useless" - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Actually it was a 40 man instance as were all the lvl 60 dungeons on release. They got patched down to 10 and eventually 5 very early on though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 02:19 PM ----------

AQ40 was out for 11 months before TBC landed...
    I'm sure it wasn't 11 months. But still, we were only just doing BWL when AQ hit. Not every guild was top notch (can you remember juggling 40 people? It was a nightmare...), and it was weeks before we finally got Nef down. We hit up AQ40 around November 2006, so it was only two months before TBC (and less than two before the Christmas break, when everyone's guild took a break from raiding). Pretty sure a lot of other mediocre guilds were in the same boat as us. Some didn't even get to see AQ40, let alone set foot in Naxx (but at least a lot did AQ20). I had friends that did Naxxramas, but a lot of raiders at the time missed out and could only hear about it second hand (such as myself). As for AQ40 itself, we wanted everyone to get NR gear for the Huhuran fight; which incidentally we attempted once, since it took us a couple of weeks at least to get past Skeram. Hence why it was rendered useless. :/

As a regular raider, and perhaps as mage officer of our guild at the time, I was one of the very few people who even got an item from AQ40, since I think we killed Skeram all of twice -- and no other bosses. An item that became obsolete a few weeks later, lol.

But hey, feel free to question anything I say. I'm sure I can explain in greater depth if I dredge up the right memories. I have all these memories of wiping over and over to Broodlord (and the trouble with whelps), of weeks of trouble on Chromaggus, and of how ecstatic everyone was when we finally watched Nefarian drop dead. Possible the biggest moment in my entire WoW career (which is pretty sad, but nothing was quite as "epic" as 40-man raiding; or as frustrating).

Funny how my hunter had an unused Onyxia cloak and I was able to send it to my mage. Reliance on certain items (refilling the Quintessence every week? GAH) was a bane of vanilla play. I didn't even get the UBRS "key" until well after vanilla, if not during Wrath (just for the sake of it...).
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    You actually played classic if you ganked people in stv with your hunter's pet while controlling it .

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    You played vanilla if you know you used to be able to 40-man any instance... And that said raids STILL wiped in Stratholme.
    Hell yes. I remember being a very low level paladin and my guild did a 40 man Deadmines run.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

You played vanilla if you stacked stamina on a warlock and remember firestones and spellstones, also you could kill players in duals because DoT's were not removed.

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    During classic I never had my own account, only time I played was at a friends place or at a internet/gaming caffee where they had 1 account everyone who wanted to play could play on.
    "Earth can be shaped molded... you cannot you are useless" - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

Quote Originally Posted by UnstoppableErasor View Post
    Still remember the warlock's doom guard required 5 people to summon him, and someone had to die. Later they changed it that 1 person lost a lot of health but didn't die and still required the summon altar. then they just made it a summon.
    which sucked. who didn't like to play Russian roulette to summon a demon.[COLOR="red"]
    Your Doomgaurd and Infernal also had a tendancy to turn on you after 30 seconds... I still remember letting my infernal rampage around Goldshire if I recall correctly it also required an infernal stone to summon.

Did anyone mention paladins having to re seal after every judgement, or when redoubt let you tank the whole goblin room in deadmines at level 16 because it had no ICD, so the more guys hitting you the better it was.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-10-02 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    You actually played classic if you ganked people in stv with your hunter's pet while controlling it .
    I used to use that to run lowbies through SM and Stocks. Drop traps. Eyes of the beast, and pull away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    You played vanilla if you know what benediction is as a Priest.
    when hunters needed ammo for their ranged weapons, and the ammo stacked per 200 and took bagslots. And there was different types of ammo's, very strong ammo could be made by engineers.
    ... when guards gave honor.
    ... when Ironforge was the main city where everyone on Alliance hanged out because it was the only city with a Auction House.
    ... when Innerfire (Priest selfbuff) gave attack power.
    Started playing at the end of BC and quit at level 35, came back in Wrath and met max level like 3 months into it, and i know all the ones above.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Iron forge was not the only city with an auction house OP.

Its just that the AHs were not linked, and that was teh good auction house.
    Wrong. At first only Orgrimmar, Ironforge and the Steamwheedle towns had Auction Houses, it wasn't until late in Vanilla they added Auction Houses to the other major cities, and they were linked.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Oh, you had to quest in 2 similar level zones to get to the next tier of leveling, eg Duskwood and Wetlands before you could do Arathi.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    I used to use that to run lowbies through SM and Stocks. Drop traps. Eyes of the beast, and pull away.
    I remember running low levels through SM, and the 1 hour trip for them to run there unless you could get a warlock and one other person to come with you to summon them.

Deleted
    Dont forget these,

* you could actually die when leveling your character.
    * Some outdoor quest required atleast 15 ppl to manage (eastern palguelands)
    * buffing 73 Fire resist in UBRS to manage Ragnaros
    * Waiting in IF all evening trying to find group
    * You actually knew most of the players on your server
    * Farming eastern island of Kalimdor for food used for epic food receipie droped in BWL
    * Killed/watched with >1000 other players Windreaver in NW Silithus
    * Server crashing when >200 horde walking road up to IF to pvp/gank

So many great events happenings, this thread almost got my eye a bit wet... memories.. sweet old memories.

//Ultragrisen

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Me .

You actually played since vanilla .. if you call it classic.
    Apparently I was rich back then... I logged onto a character that I started when the game came out that I had not touched in about 6 years.... She was level 24 and had 362 gold and a decent amount of blue crafted and dungeon gear... I still don't know why or how I had that much gold though.

Just gonna leave this here.

I remember this being one of the early "WoW parody song"

When you know why Paladins were laughed at everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    If you also were a mana user, well... *drinks some water* You would be needing to go to a vendor quite often, unless you had no money (of course), and you needed to farm stuff and quest to afford buying those to be able to keep questing and grinding. That's the circle of managing resources, for you. =P
    I dunno what this is all about.

I was about 37 when I managed to get 100 gold together. Someone let me on the fact that I should make another character, park it in stormwind and use mail crap to it to put on the auction house.

Of course after a while I had to move to IF because the ahs were not linked. Then I had to move back after a while because they became linked and IF lagged way to much.

Spell ranks did suck though. I remember having to pick and choose what spells I wanted for quite a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Apparently I was rich back then... I logged onto a character that I started when the game came out that I had not touched in about 6 years.... She was level 24 and had 362 gold and a decent amount of blue crafted and dungeon gear... I still don't know why or how I had that much gold though.
    You quote wrong, i had way more money than that :P.

Before tbc came out i got epic mounts on 4 chars lol.. .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    When you know why Paladins were laughed at everywhere.
    So very true
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset