Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    When Tauren had Plainstriding as a mount before there were Kodos. It had a ramp up time and when you got hit it went back down to the base amount.
    This is Vanilla remembrances, not beta stuffs ;p

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Pretty sure a lot of other mediocre guilds were in the same boat as us. Some didn't even get to see AQ40, let alone set foot in Naxx (but at least a lot did AQ20). I had friends that did Naxxramas, but a lot of raiders at the time missed out and could only hear about it second hand (such as myself). As for AQ40 itself, we wanted everyone to get NR gear for the Huhuran fight; which incidentally we attempted once, since it took us a couple of weeks at least to get past Skeram. Hence why it was rendered useless. :/
    My guild at the time had 2 Atiesh made so we were a little ahead of the curve ;x. Huhu was a lot of fun for sure until you severely outgeared it

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    We had one rogue in our raid who spec'd into the Sub talent that kept you in stealth when you sapped something, for CC on raid trash. He still died all the time, but I still was insanely jealous (I also raided as a rogue, but I didn't have the talent).

I STILL REMEMBER YOU FITZPATRICK.

I actually still have a lot of my old friends from classic on my friends' list, even ones who haven't played since then.
    The talent only originally gave you a CHANCE to not leave stealth on sap. I want to say 80% but man that 20% happened all the freaking time!

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnstoppableErasor View Post
    Still remember the warlock's doom guard required 5 people to summon him, and someone had to die. Later they changed it that 1 person lost a lot of health but didn't die and still required the summon altar. then they just made it a summon.
    which sucked. who didn't like to play Russian roulette to summon a demon.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 07:33 AM ----------

Thats the thing where you could run as your pet? Miss that
    I was involved in the summoning of 12 for one of my guildies...I died 11 times. He always claimed he was sacrificing me to the loot gods >.<

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 09:51 AM ----------

All of this AV talk and nobody mentioning looting the opposing faction to collect their heads for turn-ins?

Deleted
    - pre-raid content was actually challenging
    - interaction with other players was necessary
    - being a douche bag in a single dungeon run could end up by being ignored by the whole realm, what ended up in a re-roll, because there were no such things as cross-realm playing and not even paid server changes
    - hunters ran out of ammo
    - mana users ran out of mana
    - you needed reagents for buffs that affected more than just 1 player (like group stamina buff, greater blessings, ...)
    - ... which you didn't learn from your trainer, but from random dropped skill books. Well, most of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You remember Arcane Explosion having a cast time.

Whenever you heard Marshal Windsor coming up the ramp in SW keep, you booked it out of there as fast as you little dwarf legs could carry you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Whenever you heard Marshal Windsor coming up the ramp in SW keep, you booked it out of there as fast as you little dwarf legs could carry you!
    -pinches cheeks-

My first time, I made the mistake of watching the entire scene. And then dying because Onxyia's minions were 30 levels higher than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    -pinches cheeks-

My first time, I made the mistake of watching the entire scene. And then dying because Onxyia's minions were 30 levels higher than me.
    Consider yourself lucky. The first time I saw it was at level 19 -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Consider yourself lucky. The first time I saw it was at level 19 -_-
    Twinking it up in the keep? :P

Turned in WSG marks for exp. On another note, a few levels earlier I had a nasty run in with the sewer beast while exploring the canals. I guess me and SW didn't exactly agree back then

You played vanilla if, you were with 39 other players in AQ and dc'd 10x on every fight.

Deleted
    I was only level 50 when TBC came out, but I can remember the marks of honour and how bitchy it was to get your ground mount. Also remember that none of my friends would let me play shadow on my priest 'cause apparently priests were just for healing back then? Not sure whether that was true or if they were just being twats though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    You played vanilia if you know, Scholo was originally a 10man raid instance.
    You played vanilia if you know BGs was added half a year later, and you had to travel to their original locations to join up.
    You played vanilia if you know that rank 11 gave you a 90g mount without the need to buy the 840g riding skill.
    You played vanilia if you know that the entrance of Blackrock Mountain was the greatest guild vs guild pvp place ever.
    You played vanilia if you know that Blizz had a patch to change the models of each Tier 2 sets to be more epic.
    1 is actually only halfway correct. You could raid scholo and strath and a few others 10 man but they were intended to be cleared 5 man and stated to be endgame 5 mans.
    4 is correct but I don't know if I would call the original t2 models "epic" at all. They looked horrible, pretty much like bad placeholders. Then at some point, I think either before the AQ patch or after it, they put in the new models we all know today.

You ground out a Wintersaber just because it was a very fast mount that only required 75 skill to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarintha View Post
    I was only level 50 when TBC came out, but I can remember the marks of honour and how bitchy it was to get your ground mount. Also remember that none of my friends would let me play shadow on my priest 'cause apparently priests were just for healing back then? Not sure whether that was true or if they were just being twats though.
    Priests were only for healing, so were paladins, shamans and druids. And only warriors were tanks, as warriors were only tanks.
    ... at least in the mind of many players. This kind of thinking still lasted to late TBC.

I played a holy priest by myself back then. Pure holy. Did 1 to 60 mostly with wand - autoattacks.
    Also, my warrior was played protection from 1 to 60.
    AND its was a shitload of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgarsh View Post
    1 is actually only halfway correct. You could raid scholo and strath and a few others 10 man but they were intended to be cleared 5 man and stated to be endgame 5 mans.
    4 is correct but I don't know if I would call the original t2 models "epic" at all. They looked horrible, pretty much like bad placeholders. Then at some point, I think either before the AQ patch or after it, they put in the new models we all know today.
    They were ingame as soon or even ealier as BWL hit which wasnt too bad considering you only had pants/head before

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
    Priests were only for healing, so were paladins, shamans and druids. And only warriors were tanks, as warriors were only tanks.
    ... at least in the mind of many players. This kind of thinking still lasted to late TBC.

I played a holy priest by myself back then. Pure holy. Did 1 to 60 mostly with wand - autoattacks.
    Also, my warrior was played protection from 1 to 60.
    AND its was a shitload of fun.
    I played a shadowpriest in pvp for a loooooong time in classic, they would have been viable if they didnt have insane mana issues
    I remember tanking Ony as a shadowpriest even, other priests fearwarded me !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgarsh View Post
    All of the original 60 dungeons were 40 man at first and then cut back to 5 in patch 1.2 or 3 I forget which.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    They were ingame as soon or even ealier as BWL hit which wasnt too bad considering you only had pants/head before
    If you raided MC early enough you could have other pieces. Our mage had T2 shoulders from MC

You played vanilla when u been farming mats for 'wolf riders' hand in q in AV -Horde
    You played vanilla when u been farming mats for 'wing commander guse and jeztor' hand in q in AV -Horde
    You played vanilla when u know what Seal of Ascension does
    You played vanilla when u know what 'Dampening Magic" and "Amplify Magic" is as a mage
    You played vanilla when u know AQ20 had class books for new spell/attack ranks

been checking screens, av mats where "stormpike soldier flesh/blood, storm pike lieutenant flesh, and armor craps" might be more but this is only things i saw in my screens
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Deleted
    You played vanilla if your participated in hillsbrad world pvp.

Good times

You know you played Vanilla, if you remember before Battlegrounds were around.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

You know you played Vanilla if you agree that Chromaggus was the worst fight ever for a Holy Paladin.

Raid Leader - "Ok, Bhran, you're going to just Cleanse on this fight. Cleanse all 40 people."

Me - "Oh. Well, this fight sucks."
    Professor of History at Dalaran University