Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    If GCD has remained the same since Cata (I see no logical reason why it wouldn't) the actual GCD cap is 0.8 seconds, meaning any cast up to this point is fine.
    This was only during early frost, because it was lowering cast times too far to reliably queue an instant after it. It was 1s minimum at all other times and specs.

Edit: Just pulled up my old GCD check macro, it's 1s. Scorch was down to 0.8s, GCD stayed 1.

http://i.imgur.com/txZmg.jpg
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2012-10-02 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    This was only during early frost, because it was lowering cast times too far to reliably queue an instant after it. It was 1s minimum at all other times and specs.

Edit: Just pulled up my old GCD check macro, it's 1s. Scorch was down to 0.8s, GCD stayed 1.

http://i.imgur.com/txZmg.jpg
    Cool, cheers. Out of interest, how much haste are people running at the moment? Slight sub-optimal gems and reforges and enchants at the moment but I'm sitting at 5K. During Zerking/BL/IV I get pretty close to 1s frostbolts, to be honest.

Deleted
    My experience playing SPriest in Cata says different, but I could be wrong.
    The GCD is still capped at 1.0s.

But the time between tick of DOT/HOT can under 1s (like with Nether Tempest). I think it's why you're confused in Spriest.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cool, cheers. Out of interest, how much haste are people running at the moment? Slight sub-optimal gems and reforges and enchants at the moment but I'm sitting at 5K. During Zerking/BL/IV I get pretty close to 1s frostbolts, to be honest.
    4447. I've not had good luck with gear drops though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    The GCD is still capped at 1.0s.

But the time between tick of DOT/HOT can under 1s (like with Nether Tempest). I think it's why you're confused in Spriest.
    I was never referring to DoT ticks. I was referring to my MBlast/MSpike casts (T13 4PC Rotation) which I was able to chain cast without delay despite cast times being 0.91 seconds. I only *felt* the GCD cap when casts were sub-0.8s, so maybe latency plays a factor, I don't know.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2012-10-03 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    I'm personally using Icy Veins, Water Elemental and Evocate.
    The reason I'm using Icy Veins is because if you wait until you have 2 FoF procs and a BF Proc.
    Pop Icy Veins (with glyph) and Alter Time and then you get a burst twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatt View Post
    I'm personally using Icy Veins, Water Elemental and Evocate.
    The reason I'm using Icy Veins is because if you wait until you have 2 FoF procs and a BF Proc.
    Pop Icy Veins (with glyph) and Alter Time and then you get a burst twice.
    same without the glyph
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

It makes the burst do more damage though, while more haste does not increase the power of Ice Lance or Forstfirebolt, just allows more of them.
    However due to the nature of giving you more procs it's still a bad idea to glyph it before you hit the haste soft cap, that extra 20% burst damage doesn't math out over a whole fight.

(That said it is not that hard to reach the haste cap before you step into a raid, I've done it)

Ever since the reset this morning, Glyph of Water Ele has not been working for me. Is anyone else having this problem?

Deleted
    I was never referring to DoT ticks. I was referring to my MBlast/MSpike casts (T13 4PC Rotation) which I was able to chain cast without delay despite cast times being 0.91 seconds. I only *felt* the GCD cap when casts were sub-0.8s, so maybe latency plays a factor, I don't know.
    Game was probably casting them every 1 second, but spell queue feature allowed to press button earlier? I remember being under 1sec with mind spikes and heroism, but personally I felt it was not "smooth" so I thing 1 sec gcd rule still worked. Unless you have logs where multiple damages come after each others faster than that 1sec interval.