"Especially damage over time effects"

I'm not so sure about this one, unless you count mind flay as a damage over time effect. The last time I played shadow priest (in Burning Crusade), VT and SWP were a huge portion of my damage, almost 40%. Now, they seem much weaker.

I guess it's just a preference thing, but I always thought shadow priest should feel more like an affliction warlock than a mage. Right now, however, most of your damage comes from the stuff you sit there and cast/channel. Really disappointed.

Deleted
    Okay.
    /10 chars

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-01 at 02:07 PM.

I agree it's really stupid. VT is now a mana battery and SWP is just to proc more instant MB's. Shadow is just a mage now.

Deleted
    Most of my dmg over long periods usually still comes from mindflay, followed by vampiric touch (this @ roughly 60kdps on dummy for 10 mins).
    Mindflay is a channeled dot and VT is a dot, so not sure what you are getting at here.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Most of my dmg over long periods usually still comes from mindflay, followed by vampiric touch (this @ roughly 60kdps on dummy for 10 mins).
    Mindflay is a channeled dot and VT is a dot, so not sure what you are getting at here.
    if you play it right your top damage is mindflay and mindblast seriouslt vt and swp are weak but i cant complain my dps is still awesome

Deleted
    My top is usually DP (or Halo for multi-target), then MF and MB. VT and SW:P are pretty low now, just for the procs / mana.