How to Level Archaeology from 510 up?

Hi all,

Sorry for creating new thread but I had a look and couldn't find anything.

My Archaeology skill is currently 514, but I've run into a bit of problem. It seems like I now only gain skill points from solving rare finds. Collecting artifacts and solving common finds do not increase my skill level. I thought maybe I could go to Pandaria and start digging to gain skill points but I dont see any digsites on my map (so I presume you need 525 to start digging in Pandaria.

Long story short, I was hoping someone could tell me how to level my archaeology after 510.

Thanks.

Been awhile since I leveled mine but i think you have to keep solving until you get a rare and solve that to get skill points up.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should get points for all projects you solve, so cant say whats wrong at given time. If you actually dont get points for other things make a ticket about it cause otherwise it would be impossible to level up.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

ya I just solved a rare night elf object (priest and druid statue) and i didnt get any skill ups. I was at 515 and stayed there.

So it sounds like this is a bug?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz said there is something wrong with this problem, yes 1 skill point or none at all is working as intended after 500, but you should be able to go to pandaria at 500. Right now it's only at 525, so you can wait or spend 2 hours for each skill point. Alas i'm at 501, so i feel your pain!