Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    The boss fight itself is straight forward and simple, but how do tanks avoid the chain disorient? So far that's been the only problem I've faced.
    You can kite him and he will barrel someone else. Seems to be a distance / aggro factor on who gets barreled.

Deleted
    Are you even serious?
    When i was still leveling the night mop released we cleared him several times with a full lvl 89 group (yeah with randoms through LFD), without any problems at all.

Deleted
    Done it 3 or 4 times with my 89 blood DK (now 90, didn't do it again, as the stam trinkets are not that good, engineering & trinket from Mogushan palace -the one with 1k2 stam & 3000 dodge proc- are far better). Didn't have any issues, was the first dps with 50-60k+...

Guess you had very bad luck

Deleted
    He hits hard for Coren, that's true... other than that he's just a punching bag :/

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coren is the first experience I've had with wow since a couple weeks in to DS and I was amazed with how...poorly...people were with the encounter. I think I ran through three groups before we took him down.

The encounter is tougher than most heroic bosses though simply for all the chaos and extra HP, i'll give it that, but even then it's trivial with even a decent group.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I was lvl 89 when I first did him and did him a few times without any wipes in that group, none of the group were particularely doing a great deal of damage, around 20-30k dps. In all the pugs I did it in while I was trying to get the damn trinket we wiped once. When I did it with my guild at lvl90, 2 of the group were lvl89 and we did it 8 times in a row without any wipes.

None of us had particularely good gear, 3 of us were doing it to raise our Ilvl so we could get into heroics. The boss really isnt that hard, try to keep 1 of the maidens always dead otherwise just nuke the boss and use survival cooldowns/kite if the tank gets taken out of action. Worked for me.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I healed it fine... but tanks get barreled EVERY SINGLE TIME....
    Drink your brew people! it's free booze >_<

Tanks just don't like to drink I guess... It has gotten to the point that I plan ahead and put Ironbark on whoever is next in threat.
    Last edited by mmocd3b3345756; 2012-10-01 at 06:06 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you drink the beer the Brewmaiden throws at you to avoid the stuns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    First run, had a pally pulling only 10k dps. I was the tank. I was disarmed half the time because I forgot to move away from him when he charges it up. I was still pulling 15k-20k. My tank trinket dropped and I've never ran Coren again since I have both mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    No...do not agree, he dies everytime.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if it was mentioned already but from what I saw one time I ran it, it's Ilsa (I think?) that barrels people. Have a ranged dps stand next to her and they should get them every time instead.

I healed him as a lvl 89 (around 425 ilvl) priest with a 89 tank (no idea on ilvl) without going oom. While I can see why you think its hard Id still say you simply havent had any luck with groups
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

I find it hard to believe that Coren is hard... Think it's more about fighting him with people who aren't too good at their spec.

Past expansions, we've gotten to Brewfest with 9+ months since release, 1-2 raid tiers under our belt, and out-gear him heavily.
    MoP, we get to him JUST meeting gear ilevel requirement, so many people aren't paying attention to his mechanics (MOVE when he starts casting Direbrew Disarm, if you are close to him, save the healer healing you for 50% of your health), expecting it to just be a faceroll, which it isn't at all.

We don't overgear him, we are generally UNDERGEARED for him right now. People just need to understand mechanics. Don't stand in an AoE, especially when it hits for 50% of a non-tank's health. That is alot of wasted mana. Oh, and for the love of god, if you see the healer struggling, and can off-heal, help the damn encounter out. Your DPS meter means nothing if you wipe. I play Ret, and I've thrown almost 1/3 the healing of the healer (mostly on other people) on many attempts. Not to mention, don't stand there and let Coren beat on your face if the tank gets barrelled... KITE HIM. Hell, I kite him as Ret, running laps around the outside of the room, throwing Judgement, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath (if under 20%) and Holy Prisms at him, and will taunt him off others if needed (excluding the tank).
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-10-01 at 06:41 PM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure he'll be a little tougher at the start of the xpac but he's very doable! Healer going oom? Tell the melee and tank get out during the WW. People getting stunned? Tell them drink the mug from their inventory. Adds raping? Well aoe them down or just tank them. That's all there is to it.

I did my first 3 times fresh @ Lvl 89 without wiping as a Tank. Came close but didn't, that was with 2 90 DPS and an 89 Healer. The next time I had all 89s and we wiped. Did it again with a 90 healer and wiped. So I waited till I was 90 and more geared (433) and got through it with a group of 89s (lost two DPS though).

It's not impossible, but it isn't meant for leveling 89s unless they know how to play their class.

6/10 Had a good laugh :>

done it multiple times for all trinkets, and havn't had a single wipe on him.. both healed and dps'd it, and had several lvl 89 tanks aswell; so I really don't know what you're on about? From the sound of your post, it sounds like you're playing the healer, so maybe it's a skill issue, instead of a gear issue?

Deleted
    Wiped twice on him and thats because we had a really bad 89 tank. Done him like 30-40 times.

The crit/sp trinket dropped 7, SEVEN times in a row when we farmed for the crit/ap trinket for my friend. Took us 17 runs to get him the trinket.

Deleted
    its unbelievably easy