Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't mind Anduin tbh. His father has always said he was more like his mother, so his softer more peaceful nature makes sense. Its the reason he has always been drawn to those of the same ilk ( Baine and Jaina ). TBH this story reminds more of the old David/Solomon story from the Bible. David was the father, he laid the ground work for the King that would truly do great things, his son Solomon.

Anduin is a priest, and for me at least, its nice to have a character that is not your typical Warrior class. Also keep in mind that while he is wise beyond his years, he still is a boy, and him being a bit naive makes perfect since.

Deleted
    As long as he becomes the badass leader of the army of light velen fortold of, I don't mind. That would actually be pretty neat to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    The horde is going evil now sadly, annoys me a lot, alliance used to be very politically corrupted (almost like real life humans) but the corruption of noble houses in Stormwind ended suddenly and strangely, like they never existed
    I bet the old gods are laughing their asses now on the alliance and horde, they discovered the best way to end Azeroth, is to actually AFK and do nothing, both sides are stupid enough to wipe themselves out before they do anything
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    The horde is going evil now sadly, annoys me a lot, alliance used to be very politically corrupted (almost like real life humans) but the corruption of noble houses in Stormwind ended suddenly and strangely, like they never existed
    I bet the old gods are laughing their asses now on the alliance and horde, they discovered the best way to end Azeroth, is to actually AFK and do nothing, both sides are stupid enough to wipe themselves out before they do anything
    I know right. This is why i prefered how things were before, it felt so much like both factions were shards of grey instead of the current BS.

The alliance called themselves the noble, but they had the corrupt stormwind house of nobles and the daughter of deathwing pulling the strings. They had xenophobic night elves and back then, they were the ones who pushed the forsaken away when they first became free of the lich king and just wanted to be with there families again.

The horde was lead by a noble ruler and the orcs, trolls and tauren made a brotherhood that meant something, well the orcs overcame there dark past. It had its darker element with the forsaken themselves and what people thought they might be doing in there capital, also they had a demon lord stood next to there queen.

Both sides had shards of grey, but overall you could see the good in them both despite these rogue elements within.

Now, it seems like they purposely forgot any negative qualities within the alliance, no corruption held in its government, no racist bigotry thrown around with there allies, and even Varian and his raging-orc-logosh-persona is gone, now replaced with his more mellow attitude.

Where as the horde's leader is replaced with a raging, cowardly bastard who would shoot someone in the back and claim himself acting with honor, where the hordes have suddenly shifted from redeemed noble-savage orcs to just being warmongering savages, where the brotherhood between the races has broken down, the Garrosh leads the horde into acts of war making them look like the bad guys.

They have taken two sides of equal fashion, and turned this whole thing into black vs white, with a guarantee that white will overcome it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Stormwind's economy has been circling the drain since the Shattering, anyone not in a vital career, in the military, or a noble has been shunted off to Westfall to live in what amounts to Azeroth's biggest ghetto, the Defias have come back in force and had to be broken by a strike team of adventurers who killed the Lich King as a hobby, Stormwind has been increasingly open in assuming command over its ally nations, and the House of Nobles is as corrupt as ever--they're just not in control of the government anymore because Varian has had his lifetime quota of shit-tolerating.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Stormwind's economy has been circling the drain since the Shattering, anyone not in a vital career, in the military, or a noble has been shunted off to Westfall to live in what amounts to Azeroth's biggest ghetto, the Defias have come back in force and had to be broken by a strike team of adventurers who killed the Lich King as a hobby, Stormwind has been increasingly open in assuming command over its ally nations, and the House of Nobles is as corrupt as ever--they're just not in control of the government anymore because Varian has had his lifetime quota of shit-tolerating.
    and yet all this seems to be swept under the rug in the face of this current big war, making varian appear like a paragon and Garrosh like the devil incarnate, all those that follow Varian are the rightous ones, and all those that willing follow Garrosh are demon spawn.
    All other details like Varian doing nothing to help his people staving in westfall now means nothing when Varian gets excused to become captain awesome.

kinda like this:

Last edited by Trassk; 2012-10-03 at 10:19 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and yet all this seems to be swept under the rug in the face of this current big war, making varian appear like a paragon and Garrosh like the devil incarnate, all those that follow Varian are the rightous ones, and all those that willing follow Garrosh are demon spawn.
    Arguable. Varian's being set up for an alignment shift, but that doesn't absolve the Alliance of their share in the blame of what goes down in Pandaria. It takes two to tango and Admiral Taylor and Sky-Admiral Rogers are both as equally to blame as General Nazgrim in unleashing the Sha of Doubt in the Jade Forest. The main difference at work here is that the Alliance will apparently learn from their mistake whereas Garrosh will just keep doing his damnedest to continue the arms race to mutually-assured destruction.

It's more a grey-versus-black thing at the moment, with the Horde rebels joining the grey team later on.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

So let me get this right. You would like to be called a hero of the horde from what Garrosh ask's you to do? The same Garrosh who in the most cowardly ack possible, arranged well before the battle itself to drop a nuclear bomb on theramore, and used the horde as a front to fool the alliance to do it. The same Garrosh that let his men be sacrificed to steal the focusing iris to do this?

I think you should take a break from trying to be a hero of 'this' horde and wait for a new horde to come after mists.
    I don't really do it for Garrosh, but only he could grant me the hero of the Horde title if I turned Anduin in. Baine would probably kick my balls if I handed to him instead. By the time Garrosh loses his rank as warchief in 4.3, my change to capture Anduin would've been long gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Arguable. Varian's being set up for an alignment shift, but that doesn't absolve the Alliance of their share in the blame of what goes down in Pandaria. It takes two to tango and Admiral Taylor and Sky-Admiral Rogers are both as equally to blame as General Nazgrim in unleashing the Sha of Doubt in the Jade Forest. The main difference at work here is that the Alliance will apparently learn from their mistake whereas Garrosh will just keep doing his damnedest to continue the arms race to mutually-assured destruction.

It's more a grey-versus-black thing at the moment, with the Horde rebels joining the grey team later on.
    pretty much. Whatever the alliance does, the horde apparently has to do something ten times worse, so if the alliance is acting bigoted, the horde would have to be murdering babies, if the alliance is allowing there emotions to get the better of them, the horde is doing it purposely without thought or repercussions. That seems to be how they want to shape this now, no Grey/Grey argument.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't really do it for Garrosh, but only he could grant me the hero of the Horde title if I turned Anduin in. Baine would probably kick my balls if I handed to him instead. By the time Garrosh loses his rank as warchief in 4.3, my change to capture Anduin would've been long gone.
    You do realize you can't actually capture him do you?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Lafarce View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't change the fact that they are British....

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 09:22 PM ----------

And speaking RP, Anduin needs to stfu and sit down and let his father wipe Azeroth clean of the Horde filth.
    Can't possibly happen. The Horde are FAR to strong for the Alliance to wipe out without tons of outside help.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are only just now realising that the Horde are the bad guys? Wow, take off your blindfolds and see what we allies have seen all this time. It's why peace is not an option and it would ruin the game. Enough holding hands and singing kombaya.

Anduin needs to get laid. Maybe then his testicles will finally drop.

People are only just now realising that the Horde are the bad guys? Wow, take off your blindfolds and see what we allies have seen all this time. It's why peace is not an option and it would ruin the game. Enough holding hands and singing kombaya.
    The forsaken and the new generation of Orcs are the only ones, who can be considered evil, the rest not so much.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Horde revolts against Garrosh by the end of this expansion and fight side-by-side with the Alliance to kill Garrosh. Then we will all make out and interbreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be incredulous, you know dam well the reason the horde is in the current states its in is because of Garrosh, not because 'oh, wow, like.. the horde the bad guys man!'.
    #boycottchina

ever heard of William Wallace, or the war of Scottish independence?
    Great Britain =/= England. Calling a Scot an Englishman would be the piss-off. British is a Nationality, just like American, not an ethnicity.

Also Anduin was coming of age in this expansion. How can you say things negative about him after seeing how he negotiated entry into the vale for all of us outsiders.

Deleted
    If we were playing Orcs & Humans, you would be right, but we're not. Peace is an option, and will be sometime necessary to achieve.
    We know the Burning Legion is out there, that there will be an expansion based on Sargeras, and that it is a far fierce opponent than the Alliance (or the Horde, if you play Alliance) can handle solo.

Playing MoP right now feels to me like when I watched the main story line of Naruto vs. Akatsuki, and then I had to watch the filler episodes... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell if you're role-playing or just clueless about the Horde. As we're not a part of the game we have the luxury of being able to see the conflict from both sides of which should be obvious that while the Horde is bad atm they haven't been since the Second War.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-04 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I can't tell if you're role-playing or just clueless about the Horde. As we're not a part of the game we have the luxury of being able to see the conflict from both sides of which should be obvious that while the Horde is bad atm they haven't been since the Second War.
    The horde isn't 'bad' atm, when you consider the tauren, the darkspears and some orcs that are held captive by Garrosh's warmongering ways. Garrosh is the bad within the horde controlling it, but so since there is so much else to the horde then what the leader represents, its unfair to call all the horde the same.

Would it have been a fair assessment to call all the alliance raging schizophrenic meatheads because of how Varian was a few years ago? NO, of course not, its not that black and white and Lafarce makes out.
    #boycottchina

The horde isn't 'bad' atm, when you consider the tauren, the darkspears and some orcs that are held captive by Garrosh's warmongering ways. Garrosh is the bad within the horde controlling it, but so since there is so much else to the horde then what the leader represents, its unfair to call all the horde the same.

Would it have been a fair assessment to call all the alliance raging schizophrenic meatheads because of how Varian was a few years ago? NO, of course not, its not that black and white and Lafarce makes out.
    That is hardly arguable right now, due to Garrosh tyranical leadership the other races have to dance by his tune and will continue to commit atrocities until they have organized themselves to overthrow him. As such I would label the horde bad right now, though that will change at the end of the expansion.