Combat: Slow vs. Fast Offhand Weapon

I am seeing alot of CB Rogues using fast offhands and I've seen alot using slow offhands. A fast offhand will give you more Deadly Poison procs but a slow offhand will significantly buff Killing Spree. I could see a fast offhand being better for long fights but a slow offhand being better for burst. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just wondering if anybody has done some math and/or some tests to figure out which one is actually better.

Deleted
    The fast off-hand would net you more DP procs, the slow off-hand would buff your Killing Spree by a fair amount. So technically, it's all down to the fight mechanics.

- Single target fight, demanding sustained dps: Fast OH for the increased DP procs wins out, I reckon.
    - Any fight allowing you to use a Blade Flurry - Killing Spree combo should favor the slow OH.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...combat-weapons

from like 3 lines down. And various other threads. Please, please look to see your question before posting it again.

So ideal would be to play with a 1.8 OH and just swap into a 2.6 OH right before KS, then just switch back?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeomgCake View Post
    So ideal would be to play with a 1.8 OH and just swap into a 2.6 OH right before KS, then just switch back?
    I might be mistaken, but didn't they make that a dps-loss? I'm pretty sure they said they didn't want people to swap weapons mid-fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I might be mistaken, but didn't they make that a dps-loss? I'm pretty sure they said they didn't want people to swap weapons mid-fight.
    It resets the swing timer. But if you wait untill just after the swing then there really is hardly any diminishing effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    It resets the swing timer. But if you wait untill just after the swing then there really is hardly any diminishing effect.
    I was thinking of Death Knights, it seems. DK's have a passive ability that enhances their output based on their current weapon choice, and if they switch weapons that passive will be deactivated for 30 seconds, or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    To my knowledge nothing alike happens to Combat Potency.

Deleted
    2.6mh 2.6oh

next question