Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    pets to consider leveling for 5.4
    anubish idol
    any direhorn
    zandalari anklerender or kneebiter
    my elite team to beat elites in 5 turns or so any undead with doom, pandaren water spirit for geyser and whirlpool then switch to any pet with howl
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    anubish idol
    any direhorn
    my elite team to beat elites in 5 turns or so any undead with doom, pandaren water spirit for geyser and whirlpool then switch to any pet with howl
    I currently use three Direhorns (Pygmy and 2 H/P Direhorn Runts) in PvP. Combo of Primal Cry and Horn attack make most Direhorns the most dominating pet UNTIL 5.4 hits and the nerf happens (which is needed). I haven't seen the 5.4 pets yet but if I can EVER get my hands on a Son of Animus pet I would probably go with Unborn Valk, Son of Animus and Qiraji Guardling. Can pretty much counter "most" teams

i dont consider pvp to be worth mentioning
    any game where luck>skill isnt worth it imo

as they say if you cant beat them join them and even with op team i lose somtimes cus of rng

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

1 strong pet is nice and all but I rarely lose and I've never lost to anyone or thing. what you need is a balanced team of support that supports each other both offensively and defensively. my team is uber supportive, my little fly has a speed of around 400+ and his single job is to debuff you so my earth spirit can hit most targets for 1200 none crit. the key to winning any match up is to control the battle field. no matter if you are swapping in or your opponent. my key to victory is always to make you switch.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastythetoasted View Post
    1 strong pet is nice and all but I rarely lose and I've never lost to anyone or thing. what you need is a balanced team of support that supports each other both offensively and defensively. my team is uber supportive, my little fly has a speed of around 400+ and his single job is to debuff you so my earth spirit can hit most targets for 1200 none crit. the key to winning any match up is to control the battle field. no matter if you are swapping in or your opponent. my key to victory is always to make you switch.
    390 is the max speed of any battle pet
    Sapphire Cub. Cheetah Cub, and Zergling in S/S spec have that.. all others are slower. Some pets abilities have a "always goes first" label, that's not the same. And it is not the case if the opponent pet has still a higher speed, which can become the case through a buff or with NPC pets who are still faster.

Here's the top 20 list... You can sort by health, power and speed..
    http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/best/

As for PVP battles.... I do the weekly quest for the 10 wins, but not more than that. My experience is, that it's extremely RNG dependent..
    First off, it depends on how well my pets do, and secondly how much luck I got with the match ups.. In some weeks I go with a score of maybe 10:1 or 10:2...
    In other weeks I go with 10:9... It's really a lot of luck involved with it.
    The RNG factor is big for me, since I use an Anubisath Idol in my combo. If he hits every time, no team can match me... If he misses a couple, or even more, then I am toast.
    For the longest time I've had a combo of Anubisath Idol, Enchanted Broom and Darkmoon Zeppelin.
    Currently I am experimenting around with integrating Direhorn, Imp, Ragnaros and Valkyr.
    I generally try to avoid multi round attack pets and DoT pets, since they are a high hit and miss problem. A sandstorm pet on the opponents team, and the multi and dots are completely negated.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

My Battle Pet Team that I use is different from the rest. My winning ratio is almost 98%.

Feline Familiar (with Prowl, Darkness) the most powerful move in the pet battles, Darkmoon Tonk (with the Missile, Shock and Awe stun move and the Ion Cannon for an one hit attack) and the Wolpertinger (Horn,Sleeping Gas, Headbutt, All 3 CC abilities which can Chain Crowd Control my opponents team).

Depends what you're levelling for I guess.

For a first pet I would definitely recommend a beast. there are critters EVERYwhere and you can destroy them easily solo on something like a Fox kit.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Personally I love using my Harbinger of Flame, it's been really useful when I'm trying to boost other pets up to 25.

you can boost any pet at the pandaria trainers with just emerald whelpling and anubish idol
    some fights require your pet to have 500 hp at least but otherwise its really easy

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a confession to make. I feel like scum for this but for the really hard elites Ive been running Nuclear Turtle Cleave. Double healer pets and 1 beetle. Beetle comes in and casts apocalypse, then I swap out to magical crawdad and renewing mists and wish for 13 rounds doing shit damage, then I make sure there is a renewing mists running on round 14 then swap out to the beetle then the one shot happens on the elite and im immune. Feels like a cheap way to win but meh

Im currently working on getting my beetle his last level and working on lil ragnaros slow as shit but hits really really hard.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-08-29 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    I have a confession to make. I feel like scum for this but for the really hard elites Ive been running Nuclear Turtle Cleave. Double healer pets and 1 beetle. Beetle comes in and casts apocalypse, then I swap out to magical crawdad and renewing mists and wish for 13 rounds doing shit damage, then I make sure there is a renewing mists running on round 14 then swap out to the beetle then the one shot happens on the elite and im immune. Feels like a cheap way to win but meh
    What if it misses?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    What if it misses?
    Apocalypse never misses

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Pinkaminus-Piekus View Post
    Wolpertinger
    Is my favorite pokemon too, but shhh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    I have a confession to make. I feel like scum for this but for the really hard elites Ive been running Nuclear Turtle Cleave. Double healer pets and 1 beetle. Beetle comes in and casts apocalypse, then I swap out to magical crawdad and renewing mists and wish for 13 rounds doing shit damage, then I make sure there is a renewing mists running on round 14 then swap out to the beetle then the one shot happens on the elite and im immune. Feels like a cheap way to win but meh.
    Yeah. This has been an almost infallible way to beat them since they were added to the game.
    Always wondered how long it will last until Blizzard decides to make them immune to Apocalypse, especially since they even received the -50% dmg buff later on.

I haven't had much luck with Apocalypse on the hard hitting elite pets. Can't seem to keep pets alive long enough, even with crawdad. I used to abuse it all the time, but the elite pets got buffed recently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    390 is the max speed of any battle pet
    Flying pets have 50% increased speed while above 50% health.

There's a fair amount of changes, plus ofc a big chunk of new pets, coming in the patch, so it's hard to say accurately what's going to be great. Direhorns are getting a slight nerf, I personally think they'll still be OP but at least it'll decimate the less used but annoying charge/shields setup, it will make no rotational difference at all to the more widely played charge/horn attack/primal cry setup but will at least reduce the damage slightly and, which is a great change, Horn Attack and similar abilities will now cause Resilient, so horn attack will not be able to stun you again for 2 rounds after it's procced. There's also a new pet I think will be great for anti-direhorn use, one of the wild pets on timeless isle is a moth with call lightning, lil'bling also seems like a direhorn killer.

Switch moves are getting damage nerfs and some increased cd's, elementals will gain beneficial weather effects, dragonkin get 50% damage for next round after taking a pet below 50% health rather than 25%, magic racial prevents them taking more than 35% damage in 1 hit, sandstorm/call lightning now 5 round cd and duration, aquatics 50% less damage from dots, critters totally immune to stuns/roots/cc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never found the Fables especially hard.

For Kafi, Gorespine and Greyhoof I use 3 Mechanicals, use a long cd (grenade/bomb) and then basic nuke, they normally die just as I pop third pet out (mechs respawn for an extra round)

For No-No, Skitterer X'ia and Ti'un I use 3 moths (for Ti'un choose 3 moths with higher speed than him (when below 30%).

No-No, moth sleeping powder him, cocoon his dive and pass on the wall (so he breaks it and your moth dust comes back ready).
    Ti'un, moth dust on cd, cocoon when he does the water absorb thing, otherwise primal strike (slicing winds is no good versus his shield)
    Skitterer, simple enough, Moth dust, cocoon on cd (to last that 1 round more) and primal strike

Lucky Yi and Ka'wi I use zandalari Kneebiter, use Black claw, then hunting party, if they survive, use bloodfang to finish them.

For Nitun, use undeads, their way of dying prevents him healing, for myself I use stitched pup and mr biggles worth, stitched pup applies damage debuff, then basic attack, then on his death turn, damage debuff again, mr bigglesworth uses basic beast nuke (claw) and win.

Dos'Ryga is the trickiest if it goes wrong but I use Lil Deathwing (anyone that can use call darkness is fine), alpine foxling and brilliant kaliri (any bird with nocturnal strike should be fine). My turns are (start with deathwing): 1. Elementium Bolt, 2. Call darkness > swap pet to foxling, 3. Bite (dos ryga will be stunned from the bolt, bite depends on whether he whirlpooled and when it will hit/the no swap debuff wear off, 4. Howl (100% damage taken), swap pet to kaliri, 5. Nocturnal Strike. The strike does around 1500 damage, 2200+ if it crits, if Dos Ryga has healed you may need to finish him off with peck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    anubish idol
    any direhorn
    This is the strat I use for elites as well, switching out to Chrominius after Geyser / Whirlpool. Easy peasy.

I'd recomment levelling Anubisath Idols in spades for the next patch, it's an extremely versatile pet.

I'm thinking about doing some pet battles as well. Tried it for a bit a few months back, and got some pets to ~lvl 9 but couldn't really be arsed to continue.

Anyway, thinking about levelling this comp: Lil' Rag, Crawling Claw, Magical Crawdad. Wondering how that'll go together.. All in all it sounds pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas View Post
    I'm thinking about doing some pet battles as well. Tried it for a bit a few months back, and got some pets to ~lvl 9 but couldn't really be arsed to continue.

Anyway, thinking about levelling this comp: Lil' Rag, Crawling Claw, Magical Crawdad. Wondering how that'll go together.. All in all it sounds pretty awesome.
    Bad setup for lvling on trainers...they have a lot of birds (anti water), critters (anti-undead) and some water pets (frogs mostly).
    I recomend you go with mehanical + beast + humanid + dragon setup (dragon and human have almost no counters exept 2 trainers in total .. 1 in northend and 1 near kara).
    Don't sweat the details!!!