Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Are the new Raiding with Leashes pets any good? I want to level one and see how it fairs up against level 25s.
    my anubishat (sp?) idol have worked wonders for me, and can almost solo most trainers i have encountered, and the imp is nice as he can dish out some sustained dmg and heal itself, havent gotten to test the others tho

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Originally, I leveled a few pets just for looks... then realized they didn't work as a team, and I was getting roflstomped by the last few Northrend tamers. Then I sat down, looked some stuff over, and made a list of ten pets (one of each family) I figured would be able to take down any team, just by pairing "hard counters." I leveled those to 25 (and used stones to make a few of 'em rare)... then slowly started leveling other 25s to have more options. As a plan, it seems to work well.

The four I seem to use the most are Flayer Youngling, Rapana Whelk, Effervescent Glowfly, and Fel Flame. Some of that is their abilities; some of that is what they can hard counter.

Mr. bigglesworth is one-shotter like fluxfire feline as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Mr. bigglesworth is one-shotter like fluxfire feline as well.
    Mr Bigglesworth is ok, I used him a blizzard stun team (Kai lan runt and snowman) and they worked really well in Random wild fight but your oppenents (NPC tamers and Human) will switch out every stun.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post
    Originally, I leveled a few pets just for looks... then realized they didn't work as a team, and I was getting roflstomped by the last few Northrend tamers. Then I sat down, looked some stuff over, and made a list of ten pets (one of each family) I figured would be able to take down any team, just by pairing "hard counters." I leveled those to 25 (and used stones to make a few of 'em rare)... then slowly started leveling other 25s to have more options. As a plan, it seems to work well.

The four I seem to use the most are Flayer Youngling, Rapana Whelk, Effervescent Glowfly, and Fel Flame. Some of that is their abilities; some of that is what they can hard counter.
    Speaking of Rapana Whelk (and other snails) - they are absolutely best pets to battle against Pandaren Spirits (maybe except Air one, much easier to use 3 dragonkin team against him).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Speaking of Rapana Whelk (and other snails) - they are absolutely best pets to battle against Pandaren Spirits (maybe except Air one, much easier to use 3 dragonkin team against him).
    Anubis, FFF and some random low lvl pet is fine for the spirits, it's a massive 5.2k xp to be had. A new pet goes from lvl 1 straight to lvl 11 when used as part of a spirit trainer team.

Crabs and Frogs have yet to seriously let me down, Emperor crab is my buddy.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Some of my favorites:
    Celestial Dragon. This guy is a real trooper with breath, ancient blessing, and moonfire.
    Gilded Moth. Gotta have flying damage!
    Pandaren Monk. Hard hitter with humanoid dmg.
    Strand Crab. My go-to for aquatic dmg.
    Personal World Destroyer. My first 25, still rocks teams backlines with quake and repair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cinder Kitten xD

<3

Once you level it up, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I have been using the Cornish rex cat as my main trainer. Has high attack and okay speed, and just steamrolls through all the critters. With the high attack it makes Devour a really good heal. Though Cornish rex cat only comes in 'uncommon' quality (before battle stone) it's still a really good pet to train with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    So far I have been using the Cornish rex cat as my main trainer. Has high attack and okay speed, and just steamrolls through all the critters. With the high attack it makes Devour a really good heal. Though Cornish rex cat only comes in 'uncommon' quality (before battle stone) it's still a really good pet to train with.
    There are way better options. For example, spiders. They just wreck critters and stay healthy all the time. Wolvar pup and Flayer youngling are also amazing against critters due to the fact that they are of humanoid type (reduced dmg taken from critters), have beast-type abilities (doing extra damage to critters) AND have passive self-heals.

Quote Originally Posted by eral9302 View Post
    i am so getting into petbattles as soon as i can afford it
    Story of my life

Infracted
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-01-16 at 09:13 PM.

The best combo for powerleveling other pets to 25 is magical Crawdad and fluxfire feline. If the FFF gets low, switch to the Crawdad pop wish, switch back to FFF, continue destroying things. If its a critter or flying pet you are fighting just hit supercharge before using windup.

I've been doing this for a while now in kun lai summit since most packs are beasts with some random critters and flying pets mixed in.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    My favorites so far:

Personal World Destroyer
    magical Crawdad
    Mr. bigglesworth

Spiders are some OP shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got a rare minfernal thanks to a awesome CRZ trick posted on wowhead (minfernal's page comments) and i got to say. Hes isnt very good. The magic type helps him out a bit (it would take at least 3 hits to kill him) and he has an ok move set but nothing to rave about.

I guesss a moonlight based team would work with him, need a decent healer (Magical crawdad) to keep him going.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I use Fluxfire Feline, Twilight Spiderling, Scourged Whelpling, Dancing Water Skimmer out of my 15 level 25s the most.

Deleted
    Celestial Dragon, Anubisath Idol and Emperor Crab.

Boss combination.

I run triple fluxfire feline in PVP battles. Haters gonna hate.

For leveling I use 1 fluxfire, 1 anubisath and low lvl pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I run triple fluxfire feline in PVP battles. Haters gonna hate.

For leveling I use 1 fluxfire, 1 anubisath and low lvl pet.
    Ergh, that is the most annoying "combination" ever. Triple Fluxfire Feline.