Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Best battle pet to level up

K ive been plowing through the pet battle system picking up as many pets as i can cause i have serious OCD for this shit

and ive come to the realization that if you want battle pets just so you can plow through the achievements and pick up other pets then in my experience any pet that is great against critters or beasts is the pet to choose

nearly every zone will have either squirrels or snakes or something like them so if you want a pet so you can quickly level up so you can collect pets and dont really care about leveling up a specific beloved pet then go with something that has awesome abilities against critters or beasts

Ive found spiders work great so does my worg from BRS if anyone has any other pet ideas plz share them

this thread is about great pets for leveling and for quickly picking up achieves

Mr. Pinchy is wrecking all the critter mobs. I was planning to level up Searing Schorling first but its painful because pretty much ever mob has an advantage on them.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Mr. Pinchy is wrecking all the critter mobs. I was planning to level up Searing Schorling first but its painful because pretty much ever mob has an advantage on them.
    I hear you so much

i did plan on leveling up mr wiggles but that little pig is terrible against any other mob that isnt a undead and lets face it when do you fight an undead except maybe the plaguelands

I honestly didnt think that when it said certain pet classes are better against other pet classes it wouldnt make that much of a difference but it does it really really does

a pet that is good against a critter can more or less 3 shot it but a pet that is poorly against a critter will take at least 10 shots to down it and that even if they are the same level

My Azure Whelpling is wrecking faces at the moment. It has a move I affectionately call 'Nuke From Orbit'. Deals mega damage, likely one shots most stuff. You better hope it does too, because if it doesn't then it needs to recover for 2 turns afterward.

I'm also using Jubling and a Pandaren Monk. Jubling because it's aquatic and a guildie is owning everyone with Lil' Ragnaros (elemental, aquatic is strong against it), and Pandaren Monk for the lolz (my main is now a Pandaren Monk).

I think for now, if you only care about achievements, then yeah... Do what you say. But eventually we're going to get a meta game develop, though it will take a LOOOOOOOONG time. Eventually we're all going to have multiple level 25s, rare quality, able to swap in and out at a moment's notice. I can't wait for that time to come (though I really don't get much time to do pet battles, what with dailies and getting geared for raiding).

Im loving my Disgusting Oozling

Dot the enemy into taking more damage and then hit them with an attack that heals you for your attack.

Ive taken down enemies 4 levels higher than the slime no problem. Anything the same level gets destroyed

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently I am using a Willy / Magical Crawdad / Mr Grubbs, and they worked well until i got to level 9 PVP battles and it seems like everyone is using Restless Shadeling (OP).

Did a PVP battle agains a Restless, Digusting Oozling and some Robot and got destoryed, I need to redo my team but i'll wait until my monk gets max flying so i wont be so painful.

I put up a Huge index on Battle pet info here :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post18609439

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

My primary pet is Onyxian Whelpling. This dude just faceroll everything. Has good damage and self heal, I managed to fight my pet of 12 lvl against 23 lvl pandaria pet and my whelpling won!
    Though I lost the battle cause others pets suck ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Mr. Grubbs is probably one of the best pets out there, imo.

Once you get to level 10 he has a self healing "life drain" ability, which is VERY nice for leveling. Combined with his second ability which increases damage on a target on a target by 25% and his"beast" bonus where he does more damage when he is low on health, he can do massive damage and heal himself with it. On top of this, his "leap" ability can be useful for when you fight against critters.

The best pet have abiltiies with multiple different types, and Mr. Grubbs does. He is an amazing pet for leveling purposes, but also wrecks face against most mobs in PvP. His downside is obviously mechanical pets, but there aren't many mechanical wild pets, and PvP wise you can easily have a elemental pet assist him when needed.

Mr. Grubbs also has the exact same abilities as a pet in EPL, so if you don't want to grind the pet via killing mobs, you can always try your luck by battling wild pets until you find a rare one.

certain combo's of pets work very well in general. ofcourse you should have many favourite teams as certain other combinations will demolish your 1 team if they happen to consist of pets with advantageous damage and ability types /defence against what you have

for example, the mechanical yeti's storm ability works very well if you have pets with abilities that strike many times in a row (many flying types have this, not sure if that rat swarm ability sets it off each time.). The disadvantage is that its the enemy gets the storm buff too.

i am currently leveling my mechanical yeti, wolvar pup and zeppelin. with plans for lil tyragoosa, willy and oozling. Mr grubbs and a few others as a tertiary back up.

Say iam curious, have you guys named your fave pets?

I named my Sleepy Willy, Flaccid.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-10-01 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal team for handing most things is my Nether Ray Fry, Clockwork Gnome, and my fishing daily Crab.

The Crab is a flat out tank, he has a defensive move, two heals to choose from, one direct and one HoT; and I usually keep up his attack that does bonus damage to critters. He can survive things a few levels above him most times and wear them down over time.

The Gnome turned out to be much better than I had planned originally when I got him because of his bonus damage to beasts. The combination of Turret and a huge heal that takes 3 turns to act means I can do damage even when he's building up his heal. I can see why the turrets themselves were nerfed, having 3 up at once was unstoppable.

As for my Nether Ray, this guy is all out attack, no defenses or heals at all, all 6 of his moves are attacks, of 6 different types. From what I can tell so far, they are the only thing that has that type of coverage. Combine that with his flying type that boosts his speed as long as he's high health, he's a pure sweeper. It comes at the cost of dying often though due to being a glass cannon. I highly recommend one of these pets, but I suggest that you do as I am and start planning a support pet to keep them alive.

I'm leveling a Rare Fawn I caught hoping I can use it as a cleric for my Nether Ray, only problem is deciding which of my other two mains I want to bench to use it. I'm also considering a Restless Shadeling due to his two ways to heal himself while attacking, but I have to catch a better one cause I refuse to use anything that isn't Rare for PVP battles.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal team is

Baby Blizzard Bear (Good vs Critters), Personal World Destroyer (Good vs Beasts) & Onyxian Whelpling (Cos i can)
    Beasts and Critters are the mobs i seem to come up against the most. Just defeated the Eastern Plaguelands Trainer (lvl14) with level 11 pets. Was close though and my bear died so he got no exp. =(

The Panda Cub is what I started with. Wrecks critters, and the hibernate is pretty damn useful. Mostly wanted to do Mini Diablo first but his first attack is weak to critters. Also using the Senjin Fetish as my third.

Trying to build a team in which each pet has a wide variety of attack types. Mini D and the Fetish fit this but the panda not quite, so may replace him at some point.

i am so getting into petbattles as soon as i can afford it

10+ Year Old Account
    I run Fishy-Chuck-Mojo for leveling up right now. Cleansing Rain from Fishy gives my whole team heals + 25% damage and Chuck just rips things apart with that bonus.

Running around with my Ulduar team: Celestial dragon (obviously Algalon in disguise), Clockwork Gnome (Mimiron) and Landro Lil'Xt (Xt). No issues so far. The dragon is quite good and the 2 mecanicals are always stong against beast and can Turret + repair to full for Mimiron and Bombling + repair to full for Xt. I love the fact you can time mecanical ressurect + full repair. The mecanical resurect is quite OP imo

Deleted
    For a single pet to get the Achievements and catch Beasts I'd suggest Mechanical Squirrel. Since it has Thrash (^Critter Damage) and Wind-up (^Beast Damage). As a bonus you can choose Overtune (^100% Speed) as well.

For achievements that involve catching other pets I suggest something that can heal itself without damaging the opponent or skipping turns. Celestial dragon is my favourite with the +10% healing weather effect and the powerful self-heal that also increases it's hitpoints. It can just sit there and take the abuse while I repeatedly fail my caging attempts and then move right on to next battle.

For pure fast damage I think you've already got it covered with spiders. Poison spit seems to penetrate all defenses, brittle webbing's damage reflection is insane against any attacks that hit you several times, the double heal from life leech against webbed opponents ensures you come out of even 1vs3 battles unharmed. The dot & reflection damage is just hopeless for catching anything - I barely ever succeed at caging the opponent before it dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    For achievements that involve catching other pets I suggest something that can heal itself without damaging the opponent or skipping turns. Celestial dragon is my favourite with the +10% healing weather effect and the powerful self-heal that also increases it's hitpoints. It can just sit there and take the abuse while I repeatedly fail my caging attempts and then move right on to next battle.

For pure fast damage I think you've already got it covered with spiders. Poison spit seems to penetrate all defenses, brittle webbing's damage reflection is insane against any attacks that hit you several times, the double heal from life leech against webbed opponents ensures you come out of even 1vs3 battles unharmed. The dot & reflection damage is just hopeless for catching anything - I barely ever succeed at caging the opponent before it dies.

This ^ I have my High level team, My dream team and my hunting team and Spiders (OP little shits), Frogs and Celestial Dragon and the shit

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    great thread. ive found crawling claw, gopher and core hound pretty effective but having got my celestial dragon last night im now levelling that up

I think I'm doing it wrong, but I'm only level 10 so far. I'm using Warbot, Celestial Dragon and Mr. Pinchy. I want to swap out warbot, because at level 10 he has almost 300 less HP than the other two and when his defense isn't up he just gets wrecked. I'm not very good at this (never played pokemon and I just kinda jumped into this as giggles) but I need a team to counter the lvl 11 pure mech battle.