Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

No reputation Tabards in MoP?

Have I overlooked something I thought that there still would be faction tabards in MoP that allowed you to gain reputation in the new dungeons for wearing that tabard (championing the cause of that faction). The only tabard that actually gains you rep in dungeons is the pandaren faction tabard.

I love the new zone and everything quest related but to be honest it is a bit too focused on daily´s and the daily grind.

For example: You have to earn revered with the Golden Lotus to be able to do any daily quests with both Shado Pan and August Celestials. However you only gain rep for Golden Lotus by doing daily´s over and over again. Then the same for the other two plus roughly 5 other factions that you have to do daily´s for.

You know those rep tabards where implemented in WoTLK and suddenly they drop them completely? Yeah sure you had to grind rep in BC similar to MoP but I absolutely hate it that I just can´t speed up the daily shit by doing dungeons while wearing the faction tabard.

What do you think about it

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They probably got rid of the tabards because they want people to actually do the dailies. In wrath and cata it was super easy to get exalted in a day by just running a ton of dungeons and avoiding the quests altogether. Remember they whole, "we want people out in the world again" thing? That's part of it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. People will be out doing quests instead of queueing in capitals. Amazing fix.

I think they did it so when you have the tabard, it would be a reward instead of something you need to have.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Just this one, that I've found. Enjoy Dragon Turtles.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=83079
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    They probably got rid of the tabards because they want people to actually do the dailies. In wrath and cata it was super easy to get exalted in a day by just running a ton of dungeons and avoiding the quests altogether. Remember they whole, "we want people out in the world again" thing? That's part of it.
    Yeah probably you are right. However I just can´t enjoy myself on doing 40 days of daily grind or something (Golden Lotus has 25 days from neutral to exalted).

I actually liked the fact that you could opt out and do dungeons instead of the daily grind.

As someone who enjoys both dailies and reputations, I welcomed this change with open arms a long time ago when they announced tabards (sans Houjin) were rewards for reaching exalted, and not a crutch to get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post

.....and for Horde?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    .....and for Horde?
    Come on, it's not that hard to find. Spend a minute, will ya?

Deleted
    .....and for Horde?
    Same for the horde. I think it is called Huoshin or something.

By the way: I loved the way you gain rep with the Lorewalkers. No dailys and no grind involved. Just flying to shrines and learning a lot about the lore of Pandaria (plus an awesome flying disc !!)
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-10-01 at 08:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    .....and for Horde?
    YOU SO LAZY...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=83080/huojin-tabard
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Yeah, they got rid of them like people said :P

The new vendors kind of remind me of BC. How you only get tabards and certain gear upgrades from being honored upwards.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Have I overlooked something I thought that there still would be faction tabards in MoP that allowed you to gain reputation in the new dungeons for wearing that tabard (championing the cause of that faction). The only tabard that actually gains you rep in dungeons is the pandaren faction tabard.

I love the new zone and everything quest related but to be honest it is a bit too focused on daily´s and the daily grind.

For example: You have to earn revered with the Golden Lotus to be able to do any daily quests with both Shado Pan and August Celestials. However you only gain rep for Golden Lotus by doing daily´s over and over again. Then the same for the other two plus roughly 5 other factions that you have to do daily´s for.

You know those rep tabards where implemented in WoTLK and suddenly they drop them completely? Yeah sure you had to grind rep in BC similar to MoP but I absolutely hate it that I just can´t speed up the daily shit by doing dungeons while wearing the faction tabard.

How I feel about it? Well it's a bit grindy, but no biggy. I don't mind getting revered with Golden Lotus to unlock August and Shado-pan, the only thing I mind is having to wait to do Shado-pan. I'd rather just spend that much more time grinding Shado-pan, but then again that's easy to say right now, I might hate the Shado-pan dailies heh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post

Those mounts look so damn cool, love them!
    Now we have to venture out into the world to do the dailies, for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Yeah, they got rid of them like people said :P

The new vendors kind of remind me of BC. How you only get tabards and certain gear upgrades from being honored upwards.
    Yea,but atleast back in BC the mobs you killed in BC dungeons gave some rep. These on the other hand give nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post

Because they don't want you to feel forced to grind, same reason they removed the head enchants. Instead they'll force you to grind dailies to get gear and unlock other reputations, clearly much different than the previous grinds. Good thinking Blizz!

Look, dungeon runs already provide you with loot, justice AND valor. Is that not enough of a reward to run them?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz said they will not keep the faction-VP gear up to par. So as of LFR opening you no longer have to do dailies, you can gear through LFR if you want.

In 5.2 you won't want to do those dailies for gear because the new LFR (and maybe karasang dailies) gear will vastly outstrip it.

This problem is only a problem because you make it so.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

they made a statement saying how they didn't like every faction to just be some nameless logo to wear around in dungeons for rep, and they wanted it to actually mean something. i for one, really like this.

I'm glad they got rid of tabard's. I do have a feeling that blizzard will cave into the whiners and add tabard's (tons of qq on the official forums about this topic). If they did add tabard's they need to make it give hardly any rep. Like 1-3 per kill, and bosses giving like 5. The other way they could go about doing it. Is just put a cap on the rep you can gain from tabard, the cap can be equal to that of which you gain from the dailys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet they got rid of tabards to get you to do dailies and they put all the rewards behind dailies as well. But yea dailies aren't forced or anything.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Look, dungeon runs already provide you with loot, justice AND valor. Is that not enough of a reward to run them?
    No. They provide you with a piss poor amount of valor. Justice is worthless because the gear it buys is also worthless and loot is a rng crapshoot. They are simply not rewarding enough by any standard even compared to what you used to get in the past.

Look daily quests used to give you guys gold and mounts. Wasn't that enough of a reward to run them?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.